• Profile picture of Damian DeadLove
    Backstage (Black Sabbath - The Song That Changed An Album)

    Welcome Backstage, I’m Damian DeadLove. Tonights band has a very interesting story on writing a song that far exceeded expectations of what it’s initial purpose was. I’m talking about Britain’s own, Black Sabbath.  Often credited as one of the forefathers...

    Read More
    7 Comments
    • That’s super fascinating history, Damian. I don’t really follow Black Sabath, but I am familiar with that particular tune. I’m stunned that Ozzy never wrote lyrics. The dude was super fortunate to hang around people who did.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, DK. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. He attempted to write a few lyrics, but they were never standout lyrics. Plus he was fortunate enough to have guys around that could write lyrics. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Keith. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. I agree, each lineup had its appeal. “13” was not that great. Especially when in comparison with the last record they did with RJD. Under the “Heaven & Hell” moniker. That was a killer album. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • I never knew that about Ozzy. I always loved how unapologetic he was. He was just being him and that is that.

      Great write

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Nick. So glad you liked the story my friend. Yeah, he attempted writing lyrics a couple of times. He’s no Geezer Butler. However he did write the vocal melodies. I’m a fan of him, that’s just the facts when it comes to what he contributes to songwriting. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • So another case of the unexpected stealing the show & in this case, saving the day! Maybe record labels should start letting the music makers do their thing & see much it nets their infamous gawdawful bottom line. Gah…another intriguing story, my friend

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Willow. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. Very true, but the business men and bean-counters think they know best. It’s always up to the talent to save the day. There are more to come my friend, glad you love the series. Appreciate you.

        Damian

  • Profile picture of Cipher

    Cipher wrote a new post

    The Wizard Within

    I We used to gather together no matter the Weather to watch The Wizard of Oz. The memory is like a twister in black and white across the silver screen of the scene of My mind. Sending fight or flight to render Entrails of details returned to sender I just know an Awareness began to grow II Then, later, when,...

    Read More
    3 Comments
  • Profile picture of Thomas W. Case
    Profile Photo
    Thomas W. Case
    @thomaswcase
  • Profile picture of KristinaX

    KristinaX and Profile picture of WallyWally are now friends

    Profile Photo
    KristinaX
    @kristinax
  • Profile picture of KristinaX

    KristinaX and Profile picture of Sam NashSam Nash are now friends

    Profile Photo
    KristinaX
    @kristinax
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Randall
@ddollaway70myyahoo-com
Profile Photo
Logan Clark
@ganlo
Profile Photo
Curly Grace
@curlygrace
Profile Photo
Aldo Kraas
@poetaldo256
Profile Photo
Daniel Long
@gothic-surrealism

Groups

Group logo of Unsung Underground
Unsung Underground
Private Group
Group logo of Published Authors
Published Authors
Public Group

My Recent Posts

Priestess

Wildflowers of Kenya

Location

Texas & Florida

New Report

Close