• Profile picture of Fia Naturie

    Fia Naturie wrote a new post

    Romeo and the Priest

    P=Romeo, what makes you so sad? R=My emotions are my own why do you ask? P=I hoped life was treating you kinder than it did before R=Before when? When my love walked out the door. P=Why not open your heart for someone new....

    Read More
    10 Comments
    • Cleverly penned, Fia. Excellent write as always my friend. Dig the Shakespeare vibe, also I’ve always thought you’re amazing at writing dialogue. Nicely done. Appreciate you, Cuz.

      Damian

    • nice, I like this… you should develop this into a Series (play)

    • I love this, Fia. Dito, Sam.

    • I like new concept poetry & love the fact it is possible to listen to the words although I note this is not your voice Fia .. still it kind of fits with my idea of Romeo’s voice ..

      • Thank you Neville. I was sitting here thinking of how he would sound and feel if things were different. I may try my hand at writing a play, but I want his voice to stay true to the original. It’s a thought.

    • All is lost for poor Romeo and he’s doomed to a lonely darkness, then… the clouds break, the sun shines again, and all is well. I love happy endings. Hopefully, it will last.

  • Profile picture of Fia Naturie

    Fia Naturie wrote a new post

    There is a Price

    When you say you want meWell baby there are things we must get straightDepending on how you want to goI’m not an ordinary dish on a plate There are flavors to exploreAvenues you must ventureThere are deep, deep wells in...

    Read More
    6 Comments
  • Time
    Is it time
    I guess it’s time for me
    to give you information you see
    Because I don’t know how I was going to work this day
    Everyday is not like yesterday
    I know that you’re surprised
    I decided to do this at this moment
    Why
    I write poems, I write stories, I write facts
    When it hits me, I have to give it to you
    You understand that…Read More

    Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo +1 liked this
    2 Comments
  • Profile picture of Fia Naturie

    Fia Naturie wrote a new post

    Time (part 1)

    Is it time I guess it’s time for me  to give you information you see Because I don’t know how I was going to work this day Everyday is not like yesterday I know that you’re surprised I decided to do this at this moment Why I...

    Read More
    3 Comments
    • Powerfully penned, Fia. An excellent write with lots of layers my friend. Congrats on writing for 30 days straight that couldn’t have been easy. I don’t think I could do it. Appreciate you, Cuz.

      Damian

      • Thank you Damian. Well, I actually did this poem free verse on the street walking to work. Its longer than this but I stopped here.

    • The inevitable impulse. The opening – “Is it time / I guess it’s time for me / to give you information” – creates a tension between the inner calling and hesitation. The subject doesn’t decide: time decides for him. It’s almost an involuntary confession.

  • Ignited

    You threw the match on gasoline
    It was always flammable
    It’s stable if not bothered
    You did it, though
    You struck the match
    Watch it light
    Then threw it.

    Did you doubt it would light?
    Did you want to see if it was destructive?
    You knew it was
    The temperature is hotter the closer you get
    I advise you to stay away
    Let the…Read More

    Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Fia Naturie
@fianaturie

My Recent Posts

Standard Timekeeping

New Report

Close