• Profile picture of Paula Jobi

    Paula Jobi wrote a new post

    My second book...

    Probably be off for a day or so. Comment on my second book's cover or review previous pieces. Thanks!

    Read More
    8 Comments
    • I’ll definitely check it out when it’s available.
      🙏

    • Just Kindle like the first book.

    • I am so happy for you<3

    • UPDATE: I began two hours ago and since I complied the first book weeks ago – I had trouble remembering how I did everything. First issue was getting my cover photo inside the book. Finally did that, only to discover an extra blank page I couldn’t figure how to remove! Finally cut and pasted everything a page back and began again. Line format was messed up. Reading 1.0 but looking more like 3. Nearly screamed! Finally got 2 poems of 60 inserted. I am taking a break before adding the rest. I’ll update here. I am doing this with a .docx program on my phone. Off to potty (hee hee) and eat a can of stew. Last boyfriend (from last summer) works at a food pantry (I did also for 3 weeks). Apparently he left a box of food outside my door Thursday afternoon.

    • Love that cover Lady

    • Not sure what I’ll decide for cover 3 next time.

    • Book two…SECRET PIECES IS ONLINE! It took a bit of time to throw it together and then edit it. PLUS, I accidentally uploaded the wrong cover and fixing it took another day!

    • Book three will be LOST PIECES and I have a cover I’m tinkering with.

  • In That Moment (Sonnet)

    I n   t h a t   M o m e n t~-———————-~**~-———————-~The last thing on my lips ~ a prayer for Thee,sent just before my eyes close for the night,that every sweet wish in your dreams soar free,caressing deep...

    Read More
    11 Comments
    • I find it challenging to write sonnets. This is beautiful

      • Good morning, Dear Fia 🌼

        It’s so wonderful to receive the joy of your words on this rather warming little homage to sweet romance.
        Yes, the Sonnet can be a challenge, but soon enough I’ll show you how easy it is create your own.

        I’m so happy you think mine is “beautiful”.
        Thank you ever-so warmly! ⁓ Rascal🖌

    • So timeless… great flow… steeped in imagery…

      • Ah, our beautiful Lady Dragonfly 🎶

        How charmingly gracious of you to select one of my warmly sensual verses to enjoy ‘n leave such a gratifyingly inspiring gift of favor to a humble bard’s earnest efforts to write for and please – at least, one warmhearted poetess.💛

        Thank you ever-so gratefully, Dear Libellule, for your sweet words of praise and appreciation!
        Please, come again, anytime … yours truly! ⁓ Rascal🖌

    • A sunny Monday morning to thee, Dear Poetess🌤

      Thank you for sharing such lovely, heartwarming sentiments … I’m so very happy you selected one of my romantic pieces to read and comment on so sweetly.

      I think you’re quite delightfully perfect, yourself! ⁓ Rascal🖌

    • A fine Monday morning to thee, Ma’am 🌺

      How delighted I am you chose one of my humble poems to read
      and leave such a pleasurable sentiment.

      Thank you, Harriet … you’re rather lovely, Yourself! ⁓ Rascal🖌

    • Beautifully penned, Rascal. Excellent write with crisp imagery my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

      • Thank you, Dear Damian 🤜💥🤛

        For reading and your generously gracious, appreciated comments, and inspiring accolades.

        It’s a distinct pleasure to write for you, Syr.
        Happy Autumn! ⁓ Richard 🍂

    • Ah, SeaCat,

      What a wonderfully gratifying review you’ve gifted this romantically soothing little Sonnet.
      Good eye, too! At your gentle nudge, the ‘twas spake” has been replaced with “that spoke” – it’s the Bard in me … LOL!

      I, too, look forward to sharing part of Wednesday with you! ⁓ Richard🖌

    • I’ve never written a sonnet, but they certainly are your forte, and I wanted to congratulate you on winning the gold. I was thrilled to get the bronze, after Fia informed me that I had won a badge. So thrilled to be in good company, my friend!

      Kelly x

      • ✨Thank you, Dear Kelly, ever-so warmly!✨

        Ah, M’Lovely Poetess … from the moment you and I first met (so many wonder-filled years ago), don’t you know we’ve ever since been in the very best of company?
        And now, in this magically coincidental moment, we’ve been recognized together on the same (yet different) site sharing this beautiful milestone event … wedding our unbroken bond even stronger ⁓ 🥂CONGRATULATIONS, US!🥂

        Isn’t life and poetry such a miraculously wondrous bloom?
        With happiest hugs, Kelly ⁓ Richard🖌

  • Profile picture of Adelphina

    Adelphina wrote a new post

    Golden Addiction

    The sun was my omen I'm lost to my loved ones I feel it in my bones it's a fight at the height of each day, need to keep my eyes awake It's hot and I'm sticky drinking gold flake lemonade the sun was my omen and...

    Read More
    26 Comments
    • Creatively done Adelly. I like the metaphors within this and the addiction related idea. Nice!!!!

    • Hey there Tim!
      Of course I find a typo! Hahaha
      It’s always after I post!

      Thanks for checking this out buddy.
      Just wrote today:)

    • Beautifully penned, Adel. Excellent write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Crisp… resounding… well done my dear

      • Thank you! It’s a phrase I’m thinking about for my next book!
        It was originally going to be Poetry Stained Teeth – The Golden Addition but me and my typos!
        I put addiction instead and I thought – Hmmm, I dig it! Hahaha

    • This poem brilliantly captures the allure and danger of obsession. The golden imagery makes the craving feel vivid, intense, and almost irresistible, while the tension between desire and self-destruction gives it a haunting edge.

      • Hi Roma. Yes, that’s exactly where I was going.
        How we can be so caught up in what we think is good for you and over do it.
        Tricking ourselves into destruction.

        Thanks for the comment!

    • Excellent ink my friend and subsequently awarded the dubble thumbs up and a gold star .. Neville 😎👍👍⭐

    • It’s cool how you left the golden addiction nameless to the end but alluded to it throughout. I’m a moon girl, myself. The sun hates me. 😂 This was beautifully executed!

      • The sun hates everyone that’s why we get sunburned. Hahaha
        A little is okay but too much is painful. It can feel like an oven.
        But I see people baking out there, loving it.

        I love the moon too:)
        It’s forgiving

        Thanks for checking this out!

    • Hahaha. I love that!
      I’m glad you enjoyed the romp amigo!
      Stay cool Adagio!

    • Hey there. I’m the guy in the back, late, but clapping along with everyone else. LOL
      Awesome write, Del. It’s a tinge on the darker hue of mood, but it isn’t depressing. It’s actually like a scowl towards the sun, knowing you have to face it. That’s an underlying strength. Which you have!
      Great stuff young lady!

      • Better late than never!
        You get special passes young man. Hehehe
        I was in a mood so I went with it and this write was given birth. lol
        Thanks again love buddy:)

    • love buddy? OMG it sounds like a reality show ! You ready? I told you that you have natural star qualities. Time to show up!

      • I’m grabbing my star studded shoes and clicking three times while chanting I want to go to Mark’s:)
        And you are my love buddy!

    • Cool. I’m your tin man babydoll.
      My gal pal! My funk punk!
      My grammarly mammories!

    • Tremendous work. I relate.

      • Hi Thomas.

        Thank you. Wanted to post something a little edgy and different.
        Sometimes I want to sound like a poet and sometimes I want to sound like a mess. lol

        Thanks again!

    • Love love this one! there is something special and alluring about it, (the sun was my omen) is a line that sticks in the head! All this poem reminds me when there is so much emotions and feelings, overwhelming and overflowing… and You don’t know what to do with them, You look at the sun and all You feel is You wanting to be it, wanting to expand with no end! Fabulous Bright Poem ✨🌞✨

      • Oohh. I dig this comment! Yes expand with no end. When our time comes our life force transforms into something else entirely. Into energy and off we go! Being on that level of transcendence, I can only imagine.
        Thanks for stopping by and commenting:)
        It was enlightening!

  • Profile picture of Adelphina

    Adelphina wrote a new post

    Motorcycles & Mermaids

    I feel it in the waterwaking my slumber   the vibration incantationthat of my lover and his Harley revving his throttleupon my water rooftop doormy sonar invitation. that’s headed toward the shore Time to ride quickly reaching for   my starfish...

    Read More
    15 Comments
    • Beautifully penned, Adel. Always a joy to hear a love story about you and Mark. Excellent write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Hey Damien!

      Thank you for that. He just got home from a bike fest.
      How could I not post this! Lol
      Thanks for checking this out amigo;)

    • Great job with this… tight stanzas… great flow… I’m sure he will love it

    • He better! Hahaha
      Thank you 😊

    • I don’t need a harley. You’re all the excitement that I can handle! Your enthusiasm and sincere curiosity towards things is so addictive to me. It’s what I needed in my life!
      Oh, and the fact that you are a writer too, as well as an artist with digital imagery, just cements the deal!

      Thanks for the smile that I got from this read. And the thoughts! You made quite a Splash… lol

      • I love that movie!! You know this!
        Everything in this write reminds me of us.
        How could I not post, especially knowing you were going to a bike fest.
        Thanks for all the pics you sent.
        What can I say, you make me curious. lol

    • This was fun read. I hope you enjoyed the Tequila

    • I love the soft rhymes and whimsical flow — the poem beautifully mixes playful with intimate longing, like a tide carrying desire and anticipation.

      • Hi Roma.
        Thank you. I’ve seen a few motorcycles with a mermaid spray painted on the tank.
        Wouldn’t it be cool if they were able to come alive!

        It was a vision I saw playing out in my head so I wrote it down. A mermaid swimming towards her
        lover who happens to own a Harley. The motor is so loud she hears it even underwater:)

        Thanks for checking this out!

    • Oooo! This is SO sweet! I will love anything with mermaids! and when I was reading along your poem, I was thinking that mermaids and motorcycles (or let’s us say the RIDER of motorcycle😎) would make a unique amazing couple! this was fun to read, I bet Mark was smiling when he read it as I’m smiled too😊.

      • Aww thank you. I wrote this when I had this image of a mermaid sleeping in water. Her eyes pop open when she hears the harley motor vibrate the water. Up she goes getting all primed up for her date. lol
        It was fun to write.
        Thanks for checking this out!

  • Profile picture of Adelphina

    Adelphina wrote a new post

    Currents of Glass

    Bury meBeneath Currents of Glass  Underneath the overpass    On your way out of town So you can take one last glance   Then forget your past  And don’t look back You left me here  Beneath currents of glass...

    Read More
    9 Comments
    • Powerfully penned, Adel. Into the book it belongs! Excellent write my friend, this one has layers. Appreciate you.

      Damian

      • Hey Damien:)

        Thank you. I wanted to try something different when I first wrote.
        From the victim perspective. Giving her a voice.
        I’m glad you enjoyed:)

    • Truly engaging… tight lines… smooth rhyming

    • Thank you!
      Wanted to try something different and from a victim perspective.
      Criminal Minds sometimes freaks me out! Lol

    • There’s two of you!? What!
      No way, you’re as original as they come sweetheart!
      I’ve always enjoyed reading your material, obviously. It was what reeled me in to begin with. This write of yours shows your diversity in themes and mood too. Not too dark, but plenty of shadowy imagery to compel the reader to peek.
      Solid write, super intriguing.

    • Hey babe,
      Sometimes you write something and wonder if you should post. This was one of those writes. I posted it on
      DUP a long time ago and heard about the whole Houston thing. It reminded me of this write so I put it back out in the writing universe. lol. Thanks for being my rock honey. You are priceless!

    • Well I identify as a rock, but we both know that I’m a stick. LOL
      Smooch!

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose
Profile Photo
Curly Grace
@curlygrace
Profile Photo
Adelphina
@adelphina
Profile Photo
Rosie C
@rosie415

Location

Dallas

New Report

Close