• Profile picture of ReggiePoet

    ReggiePoet wrote a new post

    Pirate 2

    Me Favored DrinkquaternAye, me favored drink be Rhum The finest drink was ever made! Distilled, out oaken barrels, born’d From festered juice o’ sugar cane   A pirate knows his liquors well Aye, me favored drink be Rhum Afford...

    Read More
  • Profile picture of S. Libellule

    S. Libellule wrote a new post

    With Cupped Hands

    —A Griot’s Song for Gambia— I sing of this land where rivers speak—while The Gambia flows in her verse,as narrow as a whisper,yet wider than a mother’s hug. For its waters are never silent—humming with shouts of traders,drummers, poets, and dreamers,naming...

    Read More
    1 Comment
  • Profile picture of Amethyste

    Amethyste changed their profile picture

  • Profile picture of Damian DeadLove
    Ode To Morrison

    A black clad leather demon claiming to be the lizard king Mr. Mojo Rising up on stage dancing in the summer rain Doors are infinitely open to perception as he starts to sing While young people bare witness to a world gone...

    Read More
    14 Comments
    • I can read the morrison vibes in these verses. A well written Ode! “)

    • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Keith. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Yes, the late Val Kilmer, was able to capture the essence of Jim. He also sang all the concert footage in the film. They were revolutionary indeed. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Mary. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • I really loved the ending dearest Damian yes powerful words and I love and still love Jim as I shake the cotton from my brain…great write and dedication ❤️

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Brenda. So glad you connected with the write my friend. I agree with you wholeheartedly, he was one of a kind. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • You capture Jim very well here. Excellent work.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Thomas. So glad you enjoyed the write my friend. Well thank you, I tried to capture him to the best of my ability. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • There was just something about artist of that time that was just magical. Great tribute.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Nick. So glad you connected with the write my friend. There was something magical indeed. To quote Bob Seger: “Today’s music ain’t got no soul.” Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • This had the cadence of a song to it. His influence drifting through you, perhaps? What a great ode to your inspiration, my friend

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Willow. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Well I try, I have my moments. lol. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Still lighting our fire ….

      BIG LIKE

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Speak. So glad you connected with the write my friend. That he is, the music of The Doors is timeless. Appreciate you.

        Damian

  • Profile picture of Poetic Gawdess
    Hurt You So Good

    Lachlan“Let’s stop here, I’m starving Lach.” Lauren points at the quaint cafe on the corner. “Cuppa Joe’s” is the name. “Fine.” I answer shortly, already annoyed at myself that I promised her breakfast after her disappointing performance last night....

    Read More
    5 Comments
    • Beautifully penned, P.G. The plot thickens, I like the shift in perspective, a different character a different point of view. Also reveals information to fill in the gaps between characters that only the reader is privy to, nicely done. Great flow on the information in the dialogue revealed by Mr. Knight. I think you’re a natural at this writing thing. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Thank you so much, Keith. That means everything when you are constantly floating in a sea of uncertainty. xx
      ~P.G💋

    • Line and sinker.. I’ll make sure to keep reeling you in, Adira 😉 xx
      ~P.G💋

    • Ooo she is in his sights. I love the devilish demeanor he has.

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
CasketSharpe
@casketsharpe
Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
Aldo Kraas
@poetaldo256
Profile Photo
Kay-1
@kay-1
Profile Photo
Rosie C
@rosie415

Groups

Group logo of National Poetry Month
National Poetry Month
Public Group
Group logo of Unsung Underground
Unsung Underground
Private Group

My Recent Posts

Dear God

Sweet Girl

New Report

Close