-
Knight wrote a new post
3 Comments -
Damian DeadLove wrote a new post
12 Comments-
-
Damn…you always take me somewhere with your poetry. This one is no exception. Give those last 2 lines their just dues. They’re fantastic, my friend
-
You’ve gotta give yourself more credit, Damian.
The last lines indeed suppressed my own voracious appetite. The last stanza is my favorite.
Nice spill my friend. xx
~P.G💋-
Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, P.G. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Nice, to see you again. I was pretty confident till the end. lol. It took me awhile to get the flow right, I had went through so many ideas that were cool but wasn’t working right. So though these lines worked I wasn’t sure, but from all the support in the comments, I chose wisely. lol. Appreciate you.
Damian
-
-
That’s razor-sharp and sinuous—like a poem with fangs. The alliteration of “verbal viper” and “voracious appetite” creates a rhythmic coil of menace and desire, as if the speaker’s confronting a charmer who cloaks cunning beneath sweetness. The image of truth dangling just out of reach—“suspending the obvious”—gives this a wicked elegance.
-
Your writing has only improved with time, Damian. Your struggle with the ending paid off in a victorious way.
Great poem/
And ty for your comments, they’re much appreciated.
-
-
Thomas W. Case wrote a new post
9 Comments-
You write this story with such clarity and weave it into an engaging scene that reaches out and rivets my attention. Great poem.
John
-
-
You have expressed a real life tale with honesty and clarity.
I have been there. Got locked up for being drunk in public myself once.
I think I said to a police officer “Your a C…U…N…T. I didn’t say it i just spelt it out.
He didn’t understand. When he realised what I was saying I was thrown in the van.
I they took my clothes and gave me some grey prison scrubs. When I sobered up I started singing prison songs.
“He’s in the jailhouse now.” and Locked up by Akon. Some counties in England are stricker on booze than others. I have been out of my mind all over England, but Yorkshire was the place they locked me up. Don’t do it in Yorkshire.Thanks for sharing this poem. I am glad to know I am not the only one.
regards
James -
-
-
Damian DeadLove wrote a new post
14 Comments-
Im reminded of the old adage…if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Goes right back to your other poem…gotta read the fine print. Believe the lies, trust the cardboard cut out caricature, you get what you deserve. Hitting nails on the head with a jack-hammer, as usual, my friend
-
hello dearest Damian karma always has her way well said I am depressed it feels heavy this poem great write 💕
-
-
-
-
Damian, I read and reread your poem. Took me into the heart of chasing rainbows and the stark reality that often is at the other side. Superbly crafted poem.
John
-
That hits with a quiet force—like courage stitched from trembling threads. The contrast between silence and the mask of bravery unveils a moment of deep vulnerability, almost like a portrait of someone holding themselves together just enough to get by. It carries the weight of all the things left unsaid when fear takes the reins.
-
-
Damian DeadLove wrote a new post
13 Comments-
Oooh, this one has a cozy, tingly feel to it. Can almost hear the soft murmur of voices & clinking of ice in the background. This one sings of intimacy, my friend
-
-
Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Fia. So glad you connected with the write my friend. I try, this was just one that kinda wrote its self. Appreciate you.
Damian
-
The way you describe your drink sounds like you are praising a beloved woman, her beauty, her character and attitude. And it seems like there are many parallels: in its velvety Amber colour consistence bourbon can have a soothing impact, It Doesn’t Ask unwelcome questions, it is simply there and understands …
A powerful and thought provoking writing that is as meaningful and important as it was 10 years ago. Brilliant, dear Damien!
-
-
-
This feels of a good moment. Though too much of a good thing can lead to trouble. Damn those demons. Great ink.
-
Happy (early) birthday toast incoming! July 18 deserves a proper celebration—with Bourbon’s smoky charm and Vodka’s crisp fire clinking together in style. Here’s to bold beginnings, blurry stories, and the kind of laughter that lingers longer than the hangover.
-
Ahhh, Damian! 🥃
Nothin’s like sippin’ choice bourbon with a friend (on the rocks w/a splash-a bitters), sharing a tale or two with laughter in the air.
A feel good write that lifted an olde bard’s spirits ‘n brought a fond smile for moments past.
A lovely week ahead to ya, Syr Poet! ⁓ Rascal🖌-
Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Rascal. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Ah, the old days. I too loved stories over drinks. I still tell some stories, just don’t drink anymore. I wasn’t very good with moderation, only so many drinks on the old punch card. lol. Appreciate you.
Damian
-
-
- Load More Posts
My Friends
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Brandon Houser
@llama40204
Curly Grace
@curlygrace
Rosie C
@rosie415
Al Ashcott
@al-ashcott
My Recent Posts

See Viewed
- August 26, 2026

Thrown Away Things
- August 4, 2026



Hi,
Thanks for your kind words. I think everyone goes through something harrowing at school. It’s never easy to be a kid. I think people have gone through far worse than me. It stays with me none the less.
I think the school environment could be improved to minimise the damage to kids. The trouble is governments are bankrupt, from years of corruption.
I am glad you read it.
Regards James