-
Sappho (Elke) wrote a new post
4 Comments -
RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS posted in the group ”BACK TO POETRY BASICS”
~———————————•§•———————————~
SESSION SIX
The “BI-TRILLETS” form.
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2025~———————————•§•———————————~
I had planned to teach this session on Meter, or more specifically “Poetic Meter”, which entails getting into some rather complex technical issues.
But, since we’ve been rather saturated with technicalities of late…Read More -
RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS wrote a new post
12 Comments-
-
I love the use of the Sun and Moon. As I see the Sun as male and Moon female and the Sky as two hands clasp together in a cushioned security. As they come together life begins in warmth. Then as they part you get a sense it is not ending just a new longing.
I enjoyed this. -
shit…this is gorgeous. sky. sun. moon. fate. all narrowed down to that one word…longin. hits ya right in the gut.
-
Beautifully penned, Rascal. You’re a gifted writer my friend, and your passion to teach is an excellent attribute. Nicely done. Appreciate you.
Damian
-
Many thanks, Damian 👍
I am most grateful for your words expressing such positively sincere sentiments and inspiring praise of my skills and desires to pass along the boundless artistic wonderment of our art.
It’s truly a pleasure sharing my enjoyable efforts with you, Syr.
Thank you again! ⁓ Richard🖌
-
-
It’s always a pleasure not only to read your master poetry but to enjoy your original forms also, to begin with the photo how it fits perfectly the ambiance, it’s alive and the breaking and sadness are felt from it, and again your life wisdom shines through your words, the turn at the end is sudden, I think this is how a heart breaks, sudden with no expectations, and that’s what your poem worded and shaped, for me this could turn into a beautiful sonnet considering the theme, the unfolding events of and the sudden change.
-
Hello, Dear Sonnet 🎶
Sitting here taking in the graciously brilliant soul breaths of your each living word, I could not help but travel back into our many years and unforgettable memories, to those moments we first met and began sharing poetry on so many different writing sites … and, all that has transpired between us that made an everlasting friendship and bond ⁓ like no other.
How I so deeply cherish recounting every nuance life took us through together, until (as it often does), when moment-by-moment we drifted, not really apart, yet, off into further callings and kismets that take hearts, souls, and minds down many paths t’ward eventual completion of existence off this mortal realm to we are eventually drawn. Ohhh, but how exciting our wondrous travails and blessings have been ⁓ together and apart.
Tho’, as I read through and felt your enthrallingly glowing, intelligently gentle, caring, appreciative, and graciously inspiring words in review for this uniquely rendered poem, I realized how bonded we truly were, are, and (hopefully) shall always be, through eternity. Differently? Yes! You as YOU, I as I can only be … yet, bonded by something, almost spiritual, respectful, and intrinsically blessed … beyond the limitation of words.
I’ve often marvelled at the insights you so vividly express about me and my poetry. It’s, almost, as if the moment I exhaled you inhaled, absorbing the sheer wispy essence of my poetic soul … one of the beautiful aspects of your being I’ve always marvelled at, adored, and loved.
Hmmm? Seems I’ve been needing to share with someone I know will understand, eh?
Ever-so thankfully, I bow to thee, Lady Ghounwah ⁓ Richard🖌-
“who am I to know God’s plan?”. If we surrender to this things would be much better and smoother, but human nature seeks control and with controling comes resistance, and all of this lead to nothing but trauma and unnecessary pain before we even realize it. Of course someone like You with all the wisdom He has knows all of this already and accepts life and everything as it is, One of the things which I really admire about You, and I think You’ve praised abilities more than I deserve, yet I’m honoured to receive them from You.
I guess I do understand, sometimes understanding is all what we can do.
May happiness, peace and poetry fill your days and heart✨🙏🏻✨
-
-
-
-
RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS posted in the group ”BACK TO POETRY BASICS”
Hi, Sam Nash

Welcome to “Back to Poetry Basics” … and, thank you for joining-in.
You can take part in any of the previous lessons or jump right in on the current “Poetic Voice” lesson.
Our new lesson, beginning, Wednesday, December 3rd, will be on “Meter”.if you have any requests or ideas,let me know and we’ll do it! ⁓ Richard
1 Comment -
Sappho (Elke) wrote a new post
14 Comments-
-
-
@visions of Insanity
Also on behalf of Sappho, I would like to thank you for listening.
The lyrics are about something we both care deeply about. And she was the one to write this inspiring poem. And artwork of course.Thank you so much for your very fine compliments. They go a long way!
Kind regards, Sappho and Gus
-
-
Powerful penned, Elke and Gus. Excellent collaboration you two. Great lyrics, Elke and excellent music, Gus. Your guitar tone has a little Neil Young vibe going on. Top notch both of you. Appreciate you, both.
Damian
-
I bow most reverently to Sappho ‘n Gus 🙏
Stunningly beautiful, You Two, in every sense of the word.
Artwork choice, title, and the Envelope Form in its abba rhyme-scheme (with spot-on and soft rhymes), work perfectly together, just as writing and musical skills came together in rendering this lovely, impacting virtual masterpiece in homage to Mother Earth’s ever dwindling beauty and life sustaining wonders.Simply, an enthralling co-write … love it deeply!
Thank you both! ⁓ Richard🖌Nits:
(Check V1-L3, “get” may have been meant as “yet”. Final stanza, L1, should “plead” be “plea”?) 🤓-
I bow with gratitude to you, dear Richard! A breathtaking comment and the appreciation of a writer like you means a world to me!
I have gratefully implemented your kind suggestions for improvement. As English is not my mother tongue I appreciate this all the more! 🙏
-
-
I’ve written a few from this vein myself and no doubt we’ll write many more, trying to get people to pay attention. The both of you did an amazing job on this. 🙌
-
- Load More Posts
My Friends
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Ellie
@wafflenose
Curly Grace
@curlygrace
Adelphina
@adelphina
Rosie C
@rosie415
Location
Dallas






This is perfect for a full moon. Thank you for sharing it again:))