• Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    Creepy Old Cat

    Creepy Old CatBy FlatDaddyMorning comes creepingon fat old cat’s feetto roust me from bed,let creepy cat eat.She leaps on the bedthen springs to my chestand digs in her claws,thus ending my rest.Screaming and swatting,I curse her and plead,“Please! I’ll...

    Read More
  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    Doughy Goliath

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------(Pure text version below is for any who cannot see pics for some reason)  Doughy GoliathFlabby Ochre ManSprawled Upon His Cobweb ThroneSoon Will Feel The Stone  

    Read More
  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    A Puzzled Mind

    A Puzzled MindBy FlatDaddyThe man I was before todayis unknown to me now,that man of action! -- usuallyin something written dow’.He never met a word unknownif even when it breachedit swore it was anothersqualling somewhere down the beach.I met...

    Read More
  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    Terpsickore: An Experiment in Rhyme

    Terpsickore:An Experiment in RhymeBy FlatDaddyShe’s not the girl he wanted,    she who haunted him and stalked    him and talked him into dance.Their romance, sparked by music,    He, too sick to see danger.    This dark stranger...

    Read More
    2 Comments
    • An excellently rendered work, Syr! 🎖️

      Well struck in grammar, vivid imagery and emotional timbre, metaphoric fancies, and all around palpable appeal … left me with an eerie sensation, which I suspect, is part of your intent.
      The rhyme scheme is both entertaining, original, and would be creatively challenging to the average poet, I think. The seven-count lines in Quadra-Verse are also quite unique, as it’s rare (if ever) I’ve read this exact format.
      The endline/three-syllables-in rhyme scheme flows nicely, too … I like it very much and may give it a go!
      NitPick: Check the four syllables in on V6-L, the only rhyme that tripped me.

      Thank you, Syr Poet, most humbly and gratefully for the gracious invite! ⁓ Richard🖌

    • Well, that’s a damned nice deconstructive review, Richard, but I confess I’m at a loss as to your V6-L problem; I fail to see it. As I said earlier, I have absolutely no formal training. Never took a class in poetry; highschool English Lit was the closest I got to that. Everything else is self taught. I didn’t start writing til I was in my twenties, and that was all performance work, more geared to my dramatic training. I never thought about writing poetry on a serious level until about 2o years ago; took a 20 year hiatus from life in general when I was injured. Didn’t write so much as a dirty limerick during that time, and finally wanted to see what I could do on a serious level about ten years ago, and even then my concentration was on entertainment. Stuff like, Omniumgatherum, to stretch my head and entertain. So, can you explain in more non-technical terms? I would appreciate it greatly.

  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    The Rhyme of the Constant Voyage

    The Rhyme of the Constant VoyageBy FlatDaddyThe Captain was a cripple, patched o’er one o’ his black eyes,     But swaggered still and strutted as he spoke:“We’re going after treasure, lads, -- a worthy pirates’ prize!”     And gave...

    Read More
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS
@richard-jenkins
Profile Photo
Aldo Kraas
@poetaldo256
Profile Photo
Al Ashcott
@al-ashcott
Profile Photo
D. Ignatov
@ignatov

My Recent Posts

My Favorite Cat

Creepy Old Cat

Location

Austin, TX, USA

New Report

Close