Profile Photo
Terpsickore: An Experiment in Rhyme View Comment
  • @FlatDaddy
  • •September 5, 2026

Well, that's a damned nice deconstructive review, Richard, but I confess I'm at a loss as to your V6-L problem; I fail to see it. As I said earlier, I have absolutely no formal training. Never took a class in poetry; highschool English Lit was the closest I got...

Frankly, I don't recall what or who or where or when or how long I studied, but it wasn't from anything on this site. By the way, I was experimenting with different rhyme schemes and came up with one of my own you might try and see if you like...

Profile Photo
My Favorite Cat View Comment
  • @FlatDaddy
  • •September 3, 2026

Thank you, Fia. Just one of those things my mind throws at a page when I'm trying to write something of importance. It's my mind telling me , "No! I want to play, instead." But what the hell, I didn't have anything else poking out of my head at...

... especially the two lines,' sticks his foot in his mouth with weird posings." (Please forgive my combining them here for greater clarity). I noticed some differences in structure, i.e., your piece uses a 4,6,6,4 verse structure, while my double dactyl uses a 6,6,6,4 structure. Why is this? Some...

Well, I shudder to think I may be rewarded for my comments by a triple play on words if I include the two previous pos(t)ers, but I do like your HIGGLEDY PIGGLEDY

Please wait...

My Friends

Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS
@richard-jenkins
Profile Photo
Aldo Kraas
@poetaldo256
Profile Photo
Al Ashcott
@al-ashcott
Profile Photo
D. Ignatov
@ignatov

My Recent Posts

My Favorite Cat

Creepy Old Cat

Location

Austin, TX, USA

New Report

Close