• Profile picture of Ghosteen

    Ghosteen wrote a new post

    Songs from the Village Disco

    Ballerinas of glassdiamond scatter upon kitchen floor Bottles sink from handsas submarines failing to find home At the hospice karaokeinvitations to dance die like whisperswithin photograph framesbeside the coldest beds Mindy McCready tribute actlocked drunk jaw to the theatreat end of furthest...

    Read More
    5 Comments
    • Sounds like her mind was all over the place and things got out of hand

      • my scribbles often jag around like a crap jigsaw puzzle. the mindy stanza is just illustrative of troubled music souls. melissa was just an exploitative douche (i was 24, she was 40) and she played me like a guitar.

    • Third stanza is amazing. Hospice Karaoke to me is representative of the routines folks get into before they pass when they are at those facilities. It is a reminder of how life is already gone before it actually is.
      Your jigsaw puzzles are quite creative and fun to try to put together.
      j.

      • I’m pleased you find some creativity within the puzzles. Pleasure to meet you J.

        • Pleasure to meet you, Ghosteen. I am a transplant from WC, was on that since 2008.
          I am liking it here so far, and getting some inspiration to start banging the keys again.
          j.

  • Profile picture of Crimsin

    Crimsin wrote a new post

    seek

    it is with pause I reflecthalting over my troubled daysonce I thought I was nicebut that proved to be untrueby the choices I madebut by the grace of God as they sayI've been blesseddignity and abusemy days were filled...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • Terrific write

      🙏

    • we own our choices good or bad. And for those we regret, we can ask forgiveness and do what we can of good deeds to even up the ledger. Similar to what the Chorus in Oedipus spoke of at his end.
      Fate took him in one direction…he attempted to take himself as far as he could in the other before his death.
      Really good piece.
      j.

      • hello dearest Jacob I do my best and it is hard to let go of regret but I ask forgiveness and I do try to focus on being positive thank you for your thoughts on this❤

    • I really appreciate an honest piece like this. The inner monologue was captivating. Thanks for sharing it.

      • thank you graciously dearest poet I often do that I’m happy it worked for you ❤️

  • Profile picture of Fia Naturie

    Fia Naturie wrote a new post

    The Whisky shot

    Okay, Renee, The next shot is the whiskey shot. And I’m telling you, I’m feeling the waves of danger rolling off him over here.” Elene said. Looking over her shoulder at him.“ Your feeling the waves?” I said, smiling...

    Read More
    7 Comments
    • Beautifully penned, Fia. Sorry, it took me a bit to get to read this. Excellent storytelling my friend, you are truly amazing, cuz. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Fia, this is series had my eyes held by the gravity of your dialogue that was as riveting as the Red Shoe Diaries tales. Just great story telling dialogue at it finest. And just love how you took me striaght into the biker character and the reporter’s dance of words with him that ended on that fabulous encounter. Great work here.Enjoyed much.

      John

  • Profile picture of Backdeckbenny (Peter)

    Backdeckbenny (Peter) wrote a new post

    candy and satellites

    You want chocolate,cake, lollies,sweet on your tongue,you miss themand need themwhen they’re gone.I want your touch.No substitute.When I go without,I crave it hard,just like youand your chocolate.You can go to the shop for chocolate.For me you are the shop.😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘I...

    Read More
    7 Comments
    • a very passionate plea that moved me deeply🌹

    • I crave chocolate, and I used to crave the warmth of a body beside me. These days in my older age…the chocolate sates, and the memories of the warm bodies must suffice.
      I really like the analogy drawn here.
      j.

    • love your words…and I love the cosmos, where your lover may reside… i taste the chocolate, because you made it seem so real… much sensuality here and delicious vivid images!!!!
      Warmly, B

    • She’s your shop…That is beautiful.
      That last stanza has so much feeling to it. Lovely Peter

    • Wonderfully a d honestly penned. I feel the ache of your words…I know them.

    • Thanks fellow writers for your kind words
      🙏

  • Profile picture of Neville

    Neville wrote a new post

    The Birth of Opals

    The Birth of Opals Upon my very word I did once marvel at the seeming birth of opals all along the very subtle curve of her naked back and thighs .. And how within their fiery glow they did so very much resemble the...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • “She was there until she was gone”—Butterflies are free, like in the old seventies film.
      And women are free as well, they may lite upon our branch for a few seconds…but we must not try to hold them.
      They will come back if they wish.
      Like this poem a lot, Neville.
      j.

    • Hello Jacob, it is good to see you have joined the new gang .. and thanks tons for reaching out & considering my little but not so new scribble .. Indeed, many thanks indeed sir & wishing you well .. Neville 😎👍

    • Tremendous work, as always my friend.

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
CasketSharpe
@casketsharpe
Profile Photo
CaseyJo
@caseyjo
Profile Photo
Atticus Abbey
@bonjour
Profile Photo
TreeMap
@penguinphile
Profile Photo
Logan Clark
@ganlo

Groups

My Recent Posts

Unbutton Me

Ledger of Shadows and Desire

New Report

Close