• Profile picture of Thomas W. Case

    Thomas W. Case wrote a new post

    We All Slip

    Winter will soon slip intospring, all dressed ingreen; bouquet nights andthe rebirth of love.Snakes gliding throughthe grass.But for now, we dealwith ice and snow,slick roads and coldhearts.I was on the bus theother day.The driver had aslippery scowl pastedon her...

    Read More
    5 Comments
  • Profile picture of Amethyste

    Amethyste wrote a new post

    A little plant

    «A little plant underneath.»I thought.MoistenedAnd in bloom.Among the trees and roots.

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • It feels that the plant is not being consulted when decisions about it are made.

      Much like little children taken away from their big trees (parents) and transplanted which makes them
      really scared, like maybe they won’t ever see family again.
      Little plants among giant trees…and they feel so intimidated and lost.
      j.

      • Yes it was what it is intended. In fact I speak about emotions and thoughts here. How much of them go hidden because it is too much for other humans to observe them.

  • Profile picture of Tim

    Tim wrote a new post

    The Neglect Of Cafe Town

    Once in a while,as though pulled in by some desireor force,some decide to take a ride backto Cafe Town.But they find a different neighborhood. One that has since fallen into disrepair.It's not always a long visit.They've discovered going back...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • It does sound like a town that has been forgotten. You described it well, so sad.

      • Yes, as sad as it is there was plenty of time to improve things, but…. Thanks Fia.

    • I lived there for 17 years. But had to move, the police moved out and glitches moved in. They set up tents and overtook the place.
      j.

      • I don’t know whether to laugh or sigh at your comment. It was such a great place at one time. Let’s hope this site is a new and better beginning for most of us from Cafe Town. 🙂 Thanks J.

    • Powerfully penned, Tim. Incredible write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

  • Profile picture of Tim

    Tim wrote a new post

    The Zombies Among Us.

    I watch themwitness them on streetsbenchestrains their heads in the cloudsfloatingtheir eyes compelledto stare intocell phone screenssoaking up dopaminelike hummingbirdshovering above nectar they roam like cloudsfrom here to thereseemingly unawareof buildingsof traffic until they've slipped byout of sight replacedby other clouds

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • Most on cell phones being anywhere else besides where they actually are.
      j.

    • Remember when just finding change for the pay phone was the goal to call someone. Now its like your always reachable. No one disconnects. Nice poem

      • I remember those good old days well. lol Thanks you, Fia. 🙂

    • Beautifully penned, Tim. Dig the nostalgic flavor of this write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

      • I appreciate all the comments, Damian. I’ll be by your way soon. 🙂

  • Profile picture of Damian DeadLove

    Damian DeadLove wrote a new post

    The Great Deceiver

    Fueled by a consuming rage Pointed at every situation  As I fall into the final stage Right before the initiation Locked inside self-torment  Wiggling out of the noose Keeping all the spirits dormant Until madness is busting loose   Pressure building within me Anger clouding all that I see   Face...

    Read More
    19 Comments
      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Adagio. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • This is really good. Damian <3

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Fia. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Appreciate you, cuz.

        Damian

    • Oh yeah, this one definitely needs a place on the album! I hope it’s coming along well! The halls are a bit echo-ey without you wandering them as often, my friend

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Willow. So glad you connected with the write my friend. It’s going, though it took a while to get my “Logic Pro” software. Which allows me to mix better and I can even master my music with it. But, I got a song mapped out structurally, I have lyrics for everything but the bridge. Which I just came up with that bridge tonight. Gotta record vocals, and backing vocals next. Hopefully, I’ll be letting you hear it soon. I miss you too, my friend. You’ve been penning some excellent work my friend. Thanks for your continued support, it means a lot to me. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Powerful work. Superb.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Thomas. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Great work. I get an image of a man struggling with who to trust.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Nick. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Pretty much. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • I get the sense of internal conflict, and the rhythm and urgency make it clear these are lyrics meant to be performed.

      The energy builds perfectly toward the chorus: “Face to face with destiny…” I especially like the line “Loyal to the art of betrayal” – it’s a great, concise piece of wordplay.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Roma. So glad you connected with the lyrics my friend. I love that line as well. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • More great lyrics, Damian. Very heavy stuff. I hope to hear the music someday.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Tim. So glad you connected with the lyrics my friend. When I get some songs finished, I’ll let you check them out. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • A kickin piece my friend. Your a gift to the world with your writing.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Keith. So glad you connected with the lyrics my friend. Thanks for the continued support brother, means a lot to me. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Well poemed my friend .. 😎👍

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
CasketSharpe
@casketsharpe
Profile Photo
CaseyJo
@caseyjo
Profile Photo
Atticus Abbey
@bonjour
Profile Photo
TreeMap
@penguinphile
Profile Photo
Logan Clark
@ganlo

Groups

My Recent Posts

Unbutton Me

Ledger of Shadows and Desire

New Report

Close