• Profile picture of Backdeckbenny (Peter)

    Backdeckbenny (Peter) wrote a new post

    Donald Trump

    Look, folks, nobody knows hyperbole better than me—believe me. People are always telling me, “Sir, you’re the greatest ever. In history. Maybe ever.” And it’s true! I know words, I have the best words. Some people might even say...

    Read More
    1 Comment
    • Oh, it is all so true! In some universe somewhere inside his head, maybe. I think the people in there will deal with him in a very harsh way. Can’t you see the signs? He is slipping away — just not fast enough.

  • Profile picture of Ghosteen

    Ghosteen wrote a new post

    Rhythms of Sunday Chapel and the Rhymes Within

    Saturday's sunset  cracked the pavements of my skin,  I only flirted with the waitress  to keep my mouth moving    Becoming mute was just a covenant  between redemption, forgiveness and  the snow – shuffling into dark clouds  -  waiting to fall backwards     The rainshiver smells of Thursday  dreaming of...

    Read More
    3 Comments
    • Your ability as a writer always makes me interested in reading what you offer today. This is mainly why I find a site to frequent. Not for my own accolades, but to be energized by others’ writes. You do that, consistently. Bravo

      • And this is why I am so pleased I returned to the keyboard a decade ago. I was chatting to our great friend Honoria earlier and I’d love for us all to meet under U.S of A skies.

        p.s. I will have British marines as bodyguards, for some insecure Yanks hate me. Lol. It’s always a pleasure my friend

    • it’s always the insecure ones that hate. LOL

  • Profile picture of Neville

    Neville wrote a new post

    The Sole Purpose of Gaps

    The Sole Purpose of Gaps   Well here we all are, still growing together but far apart,    so it seems .. Like gaps in a fence or between tiny milk teeth, tho’ more like strangers on a bus, or a pair of estranged    blinded Siamese twins .. But then, there are...

    Read More
    14 Comments
    • The Fourteenth book, and all goes for charity… You are for true a most kind, giving and generous human being💓 You know that I would buy ALL of them if I could, hopefully when I come to visit UK.

      What I read here is something to do with the humans separation, no harmony as one unity. though each one of us might be developing, but there is no union between us. It’s sad… the world and earth won’t evolve when there’s separation.

      • I am so glad you stopped by these words and smiled down so favourably upon them dear Light .. I pray one day you are able to visit the UK and I shall gift you a copy of each .. 🌻⭐💛👍

    • “Milk teeth”… Few will understand it. But that is clever as hell!
      What a wonderfully refreshing read you’ve crafted. Well writ.

      • You are way too kind sir .. But I’ll take it and treasure it .. Kind regards and all good things, Neville 😎👍

    • Haha I love the teeth poem.;))

    • I’ve read this like 3 times! lol.
      I too enjoyed the milk teeth. But I can’t get the visual of blind Siamese twins bumping into each
      other out of my head. Haha. Great write

      • I am honoured Adelphina & mightily so .. Thank you so much for considering this little scribble of mine .. All Good Things, Neville 😎👍

    • How important are those gaps? Very I say when it comes to overcrowding. Nothing like a bit of space to rectify a problem. This poem is so bloomin clever. Must have been inspired by young Astrid. Blind Siamese twins really made me laugh. Such fun here Neville. Love your ‘tooth’ poem.

      Chris

      • I have just got back from Poland our Chris & wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for checking in and checking out this particular post before I hit the sack .. I am delighted you took time to read between the lines .. I reckon I shall sleep well tonight .. Neville 😎👍

    • Superb work, my friend.

    • Powerfully penned, Neville. Excellent write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

      • As indeed I do you my friend .. thank you so much .. Neville 😎👍

  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    Come Back, Jean-Louis

    © 1989Got the beat, got the rhythm, got the beat,Got the rhythm to the road, got the beat,Then a tsch, t... t... tschhhhhh --With a pow, k-pow, k-pow!An' a flat tire, an old tire,A bal-d-bal-d-bald, tire with a holeWith a nailWith a tsch, t... t... tschhhhhh,And the air hits the airLike a...

    Read More
    3 Comments
    • I really like this beat-nik vibe. Thank you for sharing. I had a friend
      who wrote beat style- from San Francisco. Miss that guy.
      I like those avant garde stylings. Keep that up

    • Thanks. Not many left who appreciate what the greats of that era contributed. There’s a guy named Vince Balestri who starred in a movie about Kerouac, titled “Beat Angel,” which I have not yet seen. I have to order the disk version. It got great reviews, and it should. Before that,,Vince did a one man show, “Kerouac, The Essence of Jack,” for very many years, touring the US. I was lucky to do the PR for the show here in Austin at Chicago House, now defunct. That show was held over, twice. It was inccredible. We became good friends while he was here. A marvelous talent. I don’t know what happened to him, We just lost touch. I miss him, too.

      • If you liked this, try “How to Get Elected” or “I Know Why I’m Here, How ’bout You?”

  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    Eyes

    © 1990EyesBy FlatDaddy A duologue, of sorts, between two people and the audience.They alternately tell their versions of an "incident" which began in an Austin, Texas park. The man speaks first, then the woman (as marked by pinkish italics). ...

    Read More
    3 Comments
    • I wanted to say something before I end the read. My initial take on the story is that it is sweet. I appreciate the two colors to keep people engaged with who is speaking. I will finish it and write the rest of this comment.

      Oh my.. So they knew each other? She wanted him but was scared; he wanted her but was scared. Seems to go well with what is happening with young people who only talk online. Now, creeping into her place is taking it to another level.
      Hopefully it ends well for both of them

      • No, they did not know each other. And what happens next is … well, what? That’s up to the reader to determine.

        This was originally written as a short stage play, and a friend and I performed it at Chicago House in Austin, Texas, my home. We sat on stools in the dark, dressed in black, and each stood and played our parts directly to the audience in a tight spotlight that came down as we rose, in turn, from our stools, then returned to them, again in blackness, at the end of each speech. At the end, when we “turned the knob” of her door, we faced each other for a moment, then BLACKOUT. Each time we performed this, the audience was struck dumb, but eventually broke out in applause, seeming to get permission to applaud from the first few brave souls who started it. It was sweet.

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Jessy Jacob
@jessyandjacob
Profile Photo
Sapphirewolf
@sapphirewolf
Profile Photo
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Profile Photo
Martin
@mando
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose

Groups

My Recent Posts

Sitting in Tipp City

For Sale By Owner

Location

Mostly the backroads

New Report

Close