• Profile picture of Paula Jobi

    Paula Jobi wrote a new post

    Writing Pain

    Writing PainMemories written...sometimes fly away...others burrow...deeper into my psyche.Meds frustrate...rather than calm -engrams triggered!My screams aretiny chirps...Help (chirp) Me!

    Read More
    8 Comments
    • I did! Not my typical piece.

    • You aren’t you on meds. Nobody is. Some have no choice. I get that. But I don’t understand living in the most medicated country on the face of the earth.

      I hope you find power in your battle 🌼

    • No, meds only confused me. Not taking any psych meds right now. I have to have control of my inner demons on my own. This was one of the last I wrote near the beginning of year. Before radiation and surgery. When I was thinking of just ignoring the doctors completely. Which I didn’t. I even broke free of caffeine. Off it completely.

      • People are amazing. Especially when we amaze ourselves. Caffine, you didn”t just kick the craving, you kicked the habit of having it. We don’t think we’re strong until after the work and pain of seeing something through. Caffiene and meds – you’ve got grit.

        Good on you! 🌼

    • Sometimes all we can do is write about it and let it come out as it will. What you said here was so relatable to what it can feel like when you really want to write it out but are also still dealing with whatever is going on.

    • Powerfully penned, Paula. Incredible write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • I agree to try to go without psych meds and using the arts and writing to be therapeutic. Me personally, there’s some I need. Writing will always be my number one therapy too. Keep strong, girl. Your therapeutic writing is paying off, I love it!

      Daniel

  • I didn't until I did.

    I didn't want to get out of bed this morningbut I didI didn't want to go for a walk but I didI didn't want to go for a swimbut I didI didn't want to donate blood but I did...

    Read More
    7 Comments
  • Profile picture of Angel

    Angel wrote a new post

    Cruel

    You live inside his brain, like a predator waiting to strike. And he is helpless. Was, Helpless.I am afraid, to fall asleep next to him at night, in case he seizes while I am asleep in our bed, beside...

    Read More
    1 Comment
    • I remember trying to explain why I keep my eyes open when kissing and intimate moments. “Because I need to reassure myself you aren’t him. Won’t turn into a monster.” Yeah, this one gripped me…

  • Profile picture of Angel

    Angel wrote a new post

    SINKING

    There is this gnawing feeling, that lives on the insides of my chest; and oh god, how I wish it would go away. I am as empty as an ocean, and yet full as one, too. There is a...

    Read More
    4 Comments
  • Profile picture of Sapphirewolf

    Sapphirewolf wrote a new post

    Devious Sheep

    Beneath sheep's wool you hide.... Your soul is filled with so much pride....

    Read More
    2 Comments
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Backdeckbenny (Peter)
@backdeckbenny
Profile Photo
Savaja
@savaja
Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
Brandon Houser
@llama40204
Profile Photo
Miss Indie
@miss-indie

Groups

My Recent Posts

Hang In There

Shoot for the Stars

New Report

Close