• We all made the deal. Time to live with it. Great time of year of reflect on that fact. Just bury my body down by the highwayside!! Hope everyone is doing great and ready for Autumn!!!

  • Profile picture of Benjamin Scraps

    Benjamin Scraps wrote a new post

    Robota

      A flesh machine on mind controlasleep at the wheel of an earthbound falla maladaptive daydreamrolling the stoneon the road to Rome:gods from the cogs of a clockfarm~racesome shadow work for laying in the cutand playing in the blood,a saving...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • I feel that you pulled a lot of Greek mythology inspiration here? I could be wrong. I like the piece

      • Greco-Roman culture & philosophies, plus some New Testament references. Legionnaires, Roman soldiers with a particular skill at building roads, were not paid in gold but salt, which is where we derive the word ‘salary’. That might be somewhat of an urban legend, but it seems to be at least rooted in truth.

        Great eye again, thank you!!

    • I think many of us feel like machines. We work 9-5 jobs…like factory work, restaurant work…I did both.
      Watched the clock…tried to have fun, but machines don’t laugh or cry.
      This poem has a sense of rhythm that matches that routine…and the rhyme scheme is subtle but smart.

      Really enjoyed and felt this read….related from my days before I got lucky and found teaching.
      j.

  • Profile picture of Benjamin Scraps

    Benjamin Scraps changed their profile picture

  • Profile picture of emmagreen

    emmagreen and Profile picture of Benjamin ScrapsBenjamin Scraps are now friends

    Profile Photo
    emmagreen
    @joyfu111
  • Profile picture of Jacob erin-cilberto

    Jacob erin-cilberto wrote a new post

    Voices Carry

    Voices Carry     keep silent or face the consequences "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" or we will chop off the hand holding the rose or the TV host spewing political jokes that used to be as acceptable as helping ourselves to the last spoonful of mashed potatoes.   keep silent or the...

    Read More
    7 Comments
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Backdeckbenny (Peter)
@backdeckbenny
Profile Photo
Savaja
@savaja
Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
Brandon Houser
@llama40204
Profile Photo
Miss Indie
@miss-indie

Groups

My Recent Posts

Hang In There

Shoot for the Stars

New Report

Close