• Profile picture of M.E

    M.E and Profile picture of RomaJRomaJ are now friends

    Profile Photo
    M.E
    @mustapha
  • Profile picture of Knight

    Knight wrote a new post

    Take down your flag

     Take down your flags of England Take down your union jack These people fled to safety Now you wanna send them back  Take down your flags of England Take down your union jack Your nation gave you nothing Now you wanna give it back  

    Read More
    11 Comments
    • I’ve heard of the disturbance there. I always think of the rock bands I listened to from there and I wonder what they must think.

      • Thanks. I have a new recording and an evolving song. Check new link above.

        The UK is insane most of the time.

        Regards James

        • It sounds pretty good. Really nice chords too.

          • Thanks. Its real. Thats all anyone can ask. If you play or sing you have to give it everything.
            Regards

    • I have a close friend who lives near London and she keeps me posted on the shite that is going on over there with the new regime…kind of like what is happening here.
      I still love this country, but feel like it is being taken away from us with greed for power.
      j.

      • I agree. Everything is going mad all over the world. But it’s always been this way.
        Thanks for reading

        Regards James

    • Fly the Union flag high and the cross of St George. We must be the only country in the world that allows every other flag to be flown yet we are made to feel ashamed of our own. Very topical piece says this patriotic poet.

      Chris

      • Our flags mean different things to different people. The history of the empire, neo nazi groups etc. but I think many people have been failed by England. So why fly a flag of a nation that doesn’t give a shit if you have to self yourself for money and freeze to death etc.

        Thanks for reading

        Regards James

    • I’m with Christine Shaw (Chris) to the letter .. there’s shite everywhere but don’t believe everything you hear these days it’s hard to differentiate between so called artificial intelligence and the twisted minds of those who just like stirring up trouble .. There are also a lot of dimwits that believe everything they are currently being force fed through fear of being singled out and sadly made an example of ..

      • I think it’s very similar to 1920s Germany.

        It begins with flags and ends with murder.

        Thanks for reading

        Regards James

    • We seem to share a similar view on that score .. Take care .. Neville

  • Profile picture of redzone

    redzone and Profile picture of Kelly ScheppersKelly Scheppers are now friends

    Profile Photo
    redzone
    @redzone2
  • Profile picture of Jacob erin-cilberto

    Jacob erin-cilberto wrote a new post

    Dangerous Advice from a Poet Playing a Doctor

    Dangerous Advice from a Poet Playing a Doctor   freckles are little poems on the face of literature they frolic about cute? doubtful blemishes? not really   and on the nose of inspiration they look good but the melanoma words that mix themselves in may be cancerous   so perhaps stick to short stories they may present less...

    Read More
    14 Comments
    • Kind of an ironic ending. I sense a kind of lightheartedness in this. Nice one, J.

    • A cancer among the freckles…now that is an interesting take. As a poet, you are saying they heal..Are short story writers considered a placebo?
      Being that I write both, would I be considered a test subject? Hmm
      I like this.

      • Your reply made me smile. Thank you, Fia.
        j.

        • I’m glad I can be goofy sometimes.

          • And by the way….I envy those who can write Short Stories….I do not have the attention span. Started four different novels…got through 40, 60, 40 and 60 pages in each and lost my momentum.
            But then our current person in charge of health would just ignore the freckle as nothing to worry about or a Democratic hoax.
            j.

    • This poem is so clever and darkly funny. The metaphors are brilliant, especially the idea of freckles as little poems and “melanoma words” as a threat. It makes the piece feel both whimsical and sharp, a tone perfectly captured by its fantastic title, “Dangerous Advice from a Poet Playing a Doctor.” Great Write, j.

    • Brilliant work, my friend.

    • hmmm let’s see, I don’t write short stories, I don’t have freckles, so all I can do is read your poem Jacob. And if you don’t mind my saying, it’s one fukin’ freckley good poem. The kind of freckle poem that gets under the skin of those who think they know art but understand nothing at all. Why do such people run our society, create cultural wars, and are a menace to humanity?!

      So here goes a reading: once upon a time in Frecklesville….. LOL
      -Curt

    • Powerfully penned, Jacob. Incredible write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

  • Profile picture of M.E

    M.E and Profile picture of Jacob erin-cilbertoJacob erin-cilberto are now friends

    Profile Photo
    M.E
    @mustapha
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Backdeckbenny (Peter)
@backdeckbenny
Profile Photo
Savaja
@savaja
Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
Brandon Houser
@llama40204
Profile Photo
Miss Indie
@miss-indie

Groups

My Recent Posts

Hang In There

Shoot for the Stars

New Report

Close