• Profile picture of Damian DeadLove
    Backstage (The Guess Who - The B-Side That Became A Hit)

    Welcome Backstage. I’m Damian DeadLove. Tonights band calls Canada home. I’m talking about, The Guess Who. Huge fan of this band as well. I’ve been listening to them a lot lately, and realized there is a pretty good story...

    Read More
    9 Comments
    • Cool they merged and ended up with a hit. Like the collabs that happen with poet’s. ;)) Enjoyed this Damian

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Fia. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. Yeah, at the end of the song while playing the New Mother Nature riff, While the singer Cummings did his part, Bachman as a backing vocal part started re-singing the first verse of, No Sugar Tonight. It’s a cool effect as if you heard the first song then the second one and then both merge. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Great fucking act! This band and BTO deserve way more respect then they get. They were one of the biggest names in Canada. I’ll listen to them over Triumph or April Wine. Informative write.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Keith. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. Yeah, who is Canada’s biggest rock band? I don’t know that anyone is bigger than, Rush. What do you think? Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • And you finally hit on a band I’m not familiar with…although I know the song American Woman. I always find it fascinating when the people overrule the industry. Wouldn’t it be great if music wasn’t spoon fed by the industry telling us what to like? Many “unknown” tracks on big albums turned out to be my favorites. Awesome that they made it work! Another great story, my friend

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Willow. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. They look at it as checks and balances, and their precious bottom line. The business side is the underbelly. The Bee Gee’s & Chic were playing R&B you could dance to. Disco blows up, and they make them poster boys for that movement. Because of business, they oversaturate the music market, and they keep pushing it till people don’t wanna hear it anymore. Or a Decade ends. It’s all about profit, unfortunately. Sorry for the rant. You like what they call the “Deep Cuts” the songs not meant to be singles. I’m the same way my friend. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, H. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. Glad you like the series, yeah I love telling music stories. Thanks so much for your support. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Tim. So glad you enjoy the stories my friend. That’s really cool, that you got to open for them. It was probably like the band, “Yes” Chris Squire was the only original member left in the group until his death. Now they tour with no original members. It’s like all the replacements took over the band. Appreciate you.

      Damian

  • Profile picture of Cipher

    Cipher and Profile picture of M.EM.E are now friends

    Profile Photo
    Cipher
    @cipher
  • Profile picture of Rina Vee

    Rina Vee and Profile picture of MalayaMalaya are now friends

    Profile Photo
    Rina Vee
    @rinavee
  • Profile picture of Cipher

    Cipher and Profile picture of MalayaMalaya are now friends

    Profile Photo
    Cipher
    @cipher
  • Profile picture of Crimsin

    Crimsin wrote a new post

    The Onyx Kingdom

    conjuring the elements I free myself from past energieswith sage I smear myself and as the smoke rises say goodbye to what ailssafe passage the way you camesetting my wards secret words and objects casually placedtripwires of faith detecting...

    Read More
    5 Comments
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Where Rivers Wander
@whereriverswander
Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
Curly Grace
@curlygrace
Profile Photo
M.E
@mustapha
Profile Photo
Brandon Houser
@llama40204

Groups

Group logo of Welcome Group
Welcome Group
Public Group
Group logo of Music is Art
Music is Art
Public Group
Group logo of News and Suggestions
News and Suggestions
Public Group

My Recent Posts

For A Day

A Garden For Your Ghost (9/11)

Location

Florida, USA

New Report

Close