• In That Moment (Sonnet)

    I n   t h a t   M o m e n t~-———————-~**~-———————-~The last thing on my lips ~ a prayer for Thee,sent just before my eyes close for the night,that every sweet wish in your dreams soar free,caressing deep...

    Read More
    11 Comments
    • I find it challenging to write sonnets. This is beautiful

      • Good morning, Dear Fia 🌼

        It’s so wonderful to receive the joy of your words on this rather warming little homage to sweet romance.
        Yes, the Sonnet can be a challenge, but soon enough I’ll show you how easy it is create your own.

        I’m so happy you think mine is “beautiful”.
        Thank you ever-so warmly! ⁓ Rascal🖌

    • So timeless… great flow… steeped in imagery…

      • Ah, our beautiful Lady Dragonfly 🎶

        How charmingly gracious of you to select one of my warmly sensual verses to enjoy ‘n leave such a gratifyingly inspiring gift of favor to a humble bard’s earnest efforts to write for and please – at least, one warmhearted poetess.💛

        Thank you ever-so gratefully, Dear Libellule, for your sweet words of praise and appreciation!
        Please, come again, anytime … yours truly! ⁓ Rascal🖌

    • A sunny Monday morning to thee, Dear Poetess🌤

      Thank you for sharing such lovely, heartwarming sentiments … I’m so very happy you selected one of my romantic pieces to read and comment on so sweetly.

      I think you’re quite delightfully perfect, yourself! ⁓ Rascal🖌

    • A fine Monday morning to thee, Ma’am 🌺

      How delighted I am you chose one of my humble poems to read
      and leave such a pleasurable sentiment.

      Thank you, Harriet … you’re rather lovely, Yourself! ⁓ Rascal🖌

    • Beautifully penned, Rascal. Excellent write with crisp imagery my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

      • Thank you, Dear Damian 🤜💥🤛

        For reading and your generously gracious, appreciated comments, and inspiring accolades.

        It’s a distinct pleasure to write for you, Syr.
        Happy Autumn! ⁓ Richard 🍂

    • Ah, SeaCat,

      What a wonderfully gratifying review you’ve gifted this romantically soothing little Sonnet.
      Good eye, too! At your gentle nudge, the ‘twas spake” has been replaced with “that spoke” – it’s the Bard in me … LOL!

      I, too, look forward to sharing part of Wednesday with you! ⁓ Richard🖌

    • I’ve never written a sonnet, but they certainly are your forte, and I wanted to congratulate you on winning the gold. I was thrilled to get the bronze, after Fia informed me that I had won a badge. So thrilled to be in good company, my friend!

      Kelly x

      • ✨Thank you, Dear Kelly, ever-so warmly!✨

        Ah, M’Lovely Poetess … from the moment you and I first met (so many wonder-filled years ago), don’t you know we’ve ever since been in the very best of company?
        And now, in this magically coincidental moment, we’ve been recognized together on the same (yet different) site sharing this beautiful milestone event … wedding our unbroken bond even stronger ⁓ 🥂CONGRATULATIONS, US!🥂

        Isn’t life and poetry such a miraculously wondrous bloom?
        With happiest hugs, Kelly ⁓ Richard🖌

  • Profile picture of Amethyste

    Amethyste wrote a new post

    Ylang ylang

    Breeze of cold.A song titled hope.Gulp of and urgent need for a cigarette.Need to sniff more of heavy ylang ylang.The itch of a pain.

    Read More
    3 Comments
  • Profile picture of Sam Dickens

    Sam Dickens changed their profile picture

  • Profile picture of Crimsin

    Crimsin wrote a new post

    melancholy

    melancholy comes calling on me with solemm feelingslooking in I see my sadnesssomething is troubling meanxiety grows and it's understoodmy tenderness is affected by a world so darkgentleness within promises to keep me closemy Father with his assurancespowerful and...

    Read More
    10 Comments
    • Powerfully penned, Brenda. Excellent write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Nicely penned Brenda… steeped in feeling

    • I loved this piece. It can be so valuable to follow the advice of the people who love us.

      • hello dearest poet yes our Father loves us all and will guide us into peace thank you so much ❤️

    • Where strength is found in times like these, beauty lives. Finding calm in the storm of the world…priceless. Beautiful, Brenda 🧡

    • Sweet and serene. I dearly wish I has such faith.

      • hi dearest Jim my faith isn’t that great I just stopped expecting him to be the one described by people and totally accepted him as he is in my life…it makes it a lot easier to accept myself better knowing the reality of him thank you my friend ❤️

  • Profile picture of Adelphina

    Adelphina wrote a new post

    Golden Addiction

    The sun was my omen I'm lost to my loved ones I feel it in my bones it's a fight at the height of each day, need to keep my eyes awake It's hot and I'm sticky drinking gold flake lemonade the sun was my omen and...

    Read More
    26 Comments
    • Creatively done Adelly. I like the metaphors within this and the addiction related idea. Nice!!!!

    • Hey there Tim!
      Of course I find a typo! Hahaha
      It’s always after I post!

      Thanks for checking this out buddy.
      Just wrote today:)

    • Beautifully penned, Adel. Excellent write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

      • Thanks Damien!

        This was fun to write. Wanted to try something different:)
        Thanks for checking it out amigo.

    • Crisp… resounding… well done my dear

      • Thank you! It’s a phrase I’m thinking about for my next book!
        It was originally going to be Poetry Stained Teeth – The Golden Addition but me and my typos!
        I put addiction instead and I thought – Hmmm, I dig it! Hahaha

    • This poem brilliantly captures the allure and danger of obsession. The golden imagery makes the craving feel vivid, intense, and almost irresistible, while the tension between desire and self-destruction gives it a haunting edge.

      • Hi Roma. Yes, that’s exactly where I was going.
        How we can be so caught up in what we think is good for you and over do it.
        Tricking ourselves into destruction.

        Thanks for the comment!

    • Excellent ink my friend and subsequently awarded the dubble thumbs up and a gold star .. Neville 😎👍👍⭐

      • Hey Nev!!
        Double thumbs up and a gold star! What!!
        I’m honored amigo. I graciously give you a bow 🙇‍♀️ 🙂

        Thanks for stopping by!

    • Great piece.

    • It’s cool how you left the golden addiction nameless to the end but alluded to it throughout. I’m a moon girl, myself. The sun hates me. 😂 This was beautifully executed!

      • The sun hates everyone that’s why we get sunburned. Hahaha
        A little is okay but too much is painful. It can feel like an oven.
        But I see people baking out there, loving it.

        I love the moon too:)
        It’s forgiving

        Thanks for checking this out!

    • A wonderful romp.

    • Hahaha. I love that!
      I’m glad you enjoyed the romp amigo!
      Stay cool Adagio!

    • Hey there. I’m the guy in the back, late, but clapping along with everyone else. LOL
      Awesome write, Del. It’s a tinge on the darker hue of mood, but it isn’t depressing. It’s actually like a scowl towards the sun, knowing you have to face it. That’s an underlying strength. Which you have!
      Great stuff young lady!

      • Better late than never!
        You get special passes young man. Hehehe
        I was in a mood so I went with it and this write was given birth. lol
        Thanks again love buddy:)

    • love buddy? OMG it sounds like a reality show ! You ready? I told you that you have natural star qualities. Time to show up!

      • I’m grabbing my star studded shoes and clicking three times while chanting I want to go to Mark’s:)
        And you are my love buddy!

    • Cool. I’m your tin man babydoll.
      My gal pal! My funk punk!
      My grammarly mammories!

    • Tremendous work. I relate.

      • Hi Thomas.

        Thank you. Wanted to post something a little edgy and different.
        Sometimes I want to sound like a poet and sometimes I want to sound like a mess. lol

        Thanks again!

    • Love love this one! there is something special and alluring about it, (the sun was my omen) is a line that sticks in the head! All this poem reminds me when there is so much emotions and feelings, overwhelming and overflowing… and You don’t know what to do with them, You look at the sun and all You feel is You wanting to be it, wanting to expand with no end! Fabulous Bright Poem ✨🌞✨

      • Oohh. I dig this comment! Yes expand with no end. When our time comes our life force transforms into something else entirely. Into energy and off we go! Being on that level of transcendence, I can only imagine.
        Thanks for stopping by and commenting:)
        It was enlightening!

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
NAVINA
@nancy-rdz-stories
Profile Photo
Benjamin Scraps
@bennyscraps
Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose

My Recent Posts

I am sat in my ways

Let see how it goes

Location

Toronto CANADA

Phone

6476124245

New Report

Close