• Profile picture of Broom

    Broom wrote a new post

    Latchkey Kid—and Proud of It

    ⸻We didn’t need a manual.We had parents who were there—not hovering, not micromanaging,just there.And that was enough.So we learned to handle life.Alone. Early.And just fine.We were told what to doand when to do it.No debates, no feelings circles.No “gentle...

    Read More
    3 Comments
    • Hi there Vision, I don’t know, I’ve been on this whole spinnaker of how life used to be. I think it’s the fact that the past 30 + years, life in America has just been decimated and eliminated; everything America was, is truly gone. And I’m feeling the burn. It’s not like generations before, where things would change and that was the way life goes, but it hasn’t just changed, It’s just gone.
      Thank you for visiting. I always appreciate your presence on my page❤️
      Jackie

    • I don’t agree with everything but that’s okay. Your work makes you think. It’s a topic that is right at the front of the world but everyone is ignoring it. I like how you just tackled the issue in the room.

      You might enjoy Ray Bradbury’s short Story “The Veld” it echoes what you are highlighting here.

      Keep up the intensity my friend
      I really enjoyed this

      James

      • Nice to see you James. I appreciate you coming by to read me. It’s just a crazy world we live in. That’s all. And I will check out Ray Bradbury Veld.
        Thank you my friend
        Jackie

  • Profile picture of Daniel Long

    Daniel Long wrote a new post

    Sex In The Candlelight

    Lust in the candlelight, light that's radiant, where the hot, dripping wax flows.   The candlight simmering, the flamelight on our bare bodies, the golden bronze effect of the light on our skin as it glistens with sweat.   Cuddled now, hot and sweaty, your body tremors against mine in anticipation...

    Read More
    2 Comments
  • Profile picture of Crimsin

    Crimsin wrote a new post

    I'm sorry

    hello Eric,I wanted you to know I can hear youdeeply sensitive soul I can feel your presenceI'm sad because you carried your burden without letting on just how sick you werethere is nothing to forgive for memy heart is...

    Read More
    7 Comments
  • Profile picture of Damian DeadLove
    Couldn't Read My Eyes

    Memories painted by a disgruntled brush Dysfunctional thoughts falling short of wise Won a game of poker with a busted flush I bluffed a demon who couldn’t read my eyes     Copyright @ Damian DeadLove 2025

    Read More
    8 Comments
  • Profile picture of DampKitten

    DampKitten wrote a new post

    Evening Rest

    Your long-awaited evening rest,once beckoned by your bedroom light,has called you in.  Sandcastle's crest,sworn to defend, must bid goodnight. Day seeks its end.  At dawn's first sight,your long-awaited evening restrestored your flight.  Your passion soaredbeyond the nest where you'd recite  your...

    Read More
    27 Comments
    • Powerfully penned, DK. This one pulls at the heartstrings my friend. Phenomenal write, thanks for sharing. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • You amaze me every time you put pen to paper…

    • You’re an impressive writer. Thank you for sharing.

    • Bad Uncle is impressed ….

      BIG LIKE

    • Very nice and, very likely, my favorite form.

    • Your imagery cushions the blow of loss with love. 🌼

    • Thank you, Keith. Thanks for reading!

    • Me too. Thanks for reading, Mary!

    • It’s a formal poetry style called a Quatern. Eight syllables per line, four stanzas.
      Thanks for checking this out, SeaCat!

    • Beautiful and peaceful. I often wonder as everyone does, what is next. I think it’s not for us to know so we get to choose to believe whatever. I choose to believe I’ll be reunited with everyone I lost and miss. And if I’m wrong well not like I’ll know.

      Great ink

      • Even if it is what we believe, it probably won’t be the way that we think.
        Thanks so much for reading this, Nick. I love your comments!

        xoxo

    • If nothing else, DK🍷

      I’m helplessly obliged to bow, Dear Poetess, in sheer respect and awe at how accomplished your poetic acumen has been developed … and, this brilliantly rendered French Quatern rendering proves how genuinely undeniable it truly is.
      Your amazingly diverse skills are brought vibrantly to light via the many varied themes you bring to the page in widely abundant mastery of poetic forms, command of diction, flowing syntax, metaphoric imagery, emotive instinct, spot-on enjambments and rhymes, and so much more … all brought forth through the rich poetic voice of that of a poetesses’ poetess.

      “You know me not, though knew me well.
      I cannot reach you through the white
      of Heaven’s clouds … as they ingest
      your long-awaited evening rest.”

      How more perfectly validated could loss of memory be expressed(?) … I really do not know.
      And, your Artwork choice? Exemplary!

      Well, lest I wear thinner my exuberant welcome, let me close with a simple humble, “Sigh!”
      Most reverently, Dear Lady-Poet! ⁓ Richard 🙏

      • I’m going to shove my tongue down your throat, Richard. I’m sorry. I can’t help it. I want to French Quatern you to death. I promise not to make you suffer, though. I’ll do things to take your mind off suffocating. Give me your little white cloud of Heaven.

        xoxo

    • Suffering? What suffering?
      Seems my “mind” you’ve already distracted … and, if I happen to suffocate, what a way to go … LOL!

    • Hey ITR! Damn, I’m glad you’re back. When I was reading your stuff, I noted you hadn’t signed on in a month. At least, that’s what it looked like. I’m glad you didn’t miss your gold medal. I love your prose.

      So, thanks for the review and critique. I need to go back and adjust the spacing properly. I’m not sure what happened there. This kind of poem should have stanzas (quatrains). Anyway, I’m so glad you like it. I love the Blue Ridge Mtns btw. How lovely it must be to live there. I’m from N.C. and visited The Biltmore many times – not so far away.

    • Now I can see why its a winner!
      I feel sad for not reading this one before. A heart touching write. Well done!
      And congrats! “)

    • Wow, the meter in this is gorgeous. Evokes the great classic poets. Impressive.

    • Tremendous work. Powerful writing.

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Atticus Abbey
@bonjour
Profile Photo
Curly Grace
@curlygrace
Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
Crimsin
@crimsin
Profile Photo
Aldo Kraas
@poetaldo256

Groups

Group logo of Music is Art
Music is Art
Public Group

My Recent Posts

The Deconstruction Of Diotima

Man In Multitudes

New Report

Close