• Profile picture of Damian DeadLove
    Shadow Of Doubt

    Biased figures manipulate opportunities Power has reigned since the dawn of time Spitting rhetoric laced with dry ambiguities  False sincerity acted out in full pantomime   Dreams are aborted before even catching breath Harsh reality of being worked and taxed to death   Programmed from a young...

    Read More
    14 Comments
  • Profile picture of Pinkdreams

    Pinkdreams wrote a new post

    Spin the Globe

    Second to last day of schoolTomorrow, who gives a fucLast year my 6th graders dumped giant bags of Flaming Hot Cheetosinto a hastily washed storage bin,then added copious amountsof hot sauce and lemon juice.They polished off the whole thing.They...

    Read More
    8 Comments
    • Thanks, Adira. It feels great to be free, at least for a while.

    • You know, in my class we’d spin the bottle, and the teacher wasn’t invited. I’m so glad you’re in there doing the spinning. It’s obvious that you make learning fun. (I’m not saying we didn’t have fun learning, but it wasn’t on the curriculum.)

      Have fun in your new life! You’ve earned it.

      • If it was Van Halen’s Hot for Teacher, the teacher might have been invited to Spin the Bottle (old video but still fun, I think anyway).

        Thanks for the good wishes on my new life. While web surfing I stumbled upon a school I might actually like. Going to apply. Can always turn it down.

    • Phenomenal write. Your poetry has such humor & realism. Love it! Wishing you the best of luck in your journey.

    • This is a great read.
      I wish I had teachers like you who gave a damn about her students. I’ve had ADD my whole life. I outgrew it for years but now as a geezer it’s returning…. which sucks.
      I skim everything but I read every word here…

      Best of luck going forward.
      I’m thinking of retiring but the thought of it makes me kinda want to puke. I’m old enough to retire but I’m not done yet.
      Need a new career not so much for the money but more for identity..

      BIG LIKE
      IMAGINARY RL AWARD

      • Thank you PS. I get the retirement struggle. Even if I could afford to retire at this point, I know I would feel lost. Like you, I feel I have more to give. And structure is necessary for ADDs like us. I’m just hoping to find a new gig that’s not as stressful. Hope you find what you’re looking for too.

  • Winding

    your name is a murmur in the wind your name is a gust of wind your name in the wind in the eye of the hurricane the wind licks your name in my ears that swallow the murmur of your name blown by the wind that kisses your...

    Read More
    6 Comments
  • Profile picture of Willow

    Willow changed their profile picture

  • A Flowery Demise

    One Hundred years ago to the day there were three distant relatives whose names wereFlora Daisylily, Daisy Lilyflora and Lily Floradaisy,they lived in a house covered with daisies, lilies and other flowers Since they had no immediate family and no...

    Read More
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
thoughtsdie
@thoughtsdie
Profile Photo
Detritus
@detritus
Profile Photo
Damian DeadLove
@damiandeadlove
Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
Visions_of_Insanity
@insanevisions

Groups

Group logo of Published Authors
Published Authors
Public Group

My Recent Posts

Whisky Alpha Romeo UT19

The Screaming UT18

New Report

Close