• Profile picture of Rosie C

    Rosie C Changed their profile cover

  • Profile picture of Rosie C

    Rosie C Changed their profile cover

  • Profile picture of Ellie

    Ellie wrote a new post

    Anatomy of a Loss (1)

    Dumbstruck several weeks in,as thoughts, words, events and emotionscoalesce in a mass of disbelief and confusion;years' worth of events to process as life revs in neutral;someone asks, "how are you REALLY doing?"As yet unable to formulate thoughts concerning different spheres...

    Read More
    7 Comments
    • Everyone who loses someone should read this to know what grief is. I’m sorry for your loss.

    • I’m so sorry for your loss, Ellie. This one pulls at the heartstrings my friend. Thank you for sharing such a personal write with us, this one illustrates how grief truly works. A very powerful write. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Thank you. It’s all still so raw. L died in tragic circumstances in February. She was only 17. I miss her so much, but have just started to write again to help me process things.

    • Chère E.,
      I hope that others, more fluent in your language, have the right words at their disposal to give you the support you need.
      I read your writes in the DUP and will continue doing so here.
      No one deserves this kind of loss.
      And what a lovely photo you posted.
      Please stay strong.
      Warm regards, Gus

    • Each step of this transient thing we call life has its own taste of pain. I send you love, which is all I have to give.

    • There’s a moment in grief where realization hits like a brick…it’s always going to be different now. You captured that so perfectly. It’s more than a vacancy, it’s a new reality unexpected and unwanted. My heart is with you in your loss. 💔

    • Hi Elle.
      I just read this. Im so so sorry. There are no words that help process loss.
      All I can say is your life was blessed in having the time you did I have.
      My aunt lost her two son and her husband within two years time.
      She is now getting to the point where she thinks about them without crying all the time.
      When she prays she occasionally will light them a candle.
      She doesn’t talk about it but I think it gives her a sense of peace.
      That’s what I’m wishing for you in time. A sense of peace when it feels unbearable.
      Until then god bless.

  • ⁓ In Life's Review ⁓

    One must face their Karma ⚖️ it is inevitably unavoidable.

    Read More
    6 Comments
  • Profile picture of Adelphina

    Adelphina wrote a new post

    Sahara/Oasis - collab w/Styxian

    Will you remember mebeneath all this sandWill you recall a timewhen my love was lush                                                      I have not forgotten you,                         not beneath this heat,                         not beneath the years                       ...

    Read More
    14 Comments
    • I said it before this is a beautiful conversation between the both of you

      • Thank Fia! We were actually talking about the desert and the oasis the other day on FaceTime. Had no clue we would be writing a poem about that subject! Life can surprise you!
        You just never know what will make for good conversation and poetry.
        I love that we merged it into one piece.

        Thanks for stopping by!

    • I saw there were a bunch of comments on his post, so I sauntered over to post mine on your post instead. Gotta spread the love evenly, ya know. This is a beautiful collaboration and I fully relate to the desert/oasis vibe. I once wrote a piece titled Shifting Sands for my sweetie. Maybe I’ll drop it here at some point too. It’s funny how a word or a phrase acts as a springboard and we’re off!

      • Hi Willow. You should post it!! Whenever you are ready too, I’d love to read it.
        You are a fantastic writer chica!

        That’s what I love about being surrounded by writers. You just never know when you will be inspired. It just kind of crashes into you!

        And thank you for stopping by on my post:)
        I’m glad you enjoyed!

    • Thank you Crimsin:)
      Mark and i have done a few collaborations but this one is extra special!
      Have a wonderful Saturday!

    • Awwww. What an awesome comment.
      Thank you for teaching me a new word!
      That is exactly what Mark is for me!

    • Love like this doesn’t die—it just gets buried deep, waiting on stubborn hands to dig it back into daylight.
      Your desert’s harsh, but the water’s still down there somewhere, whispering both your names.

      • Hi Thomas! That is exactly what i was trying to convey.
        I was trying to find different forms of separation that are connected.
        Everyone writes about the sun chasing the moon or vise versa.
        I’m stoked that you got it! We gotta dig buddy, to recover from lost love and to find it.

        Thanks for stopping by!

    • Beautifully penned, Adel & Mark. What a lovely collaboration, really love the back and forth between you two, as in life and in love, your words also show your undeniable connection. Nicely done. Appreciate you both.

      Damian

      • Hey Damien!

        When you connect with someone on a physical level and outside of it, you hold on amigo.
        Mark and I have great conversations all the time. We really do pay attention to each other and have great laughs too.
        Don’t get him started on aliens!! Hahaha.
        Which is how we got to talking about the desert and lost civilizations.
        Then I read Crimsin’s poem and it all just clicked and the words began to flow like sand!

        Thanks for stopping by Damien!
        Always a pleasure seeing you on my page amigo!

    • Hi H!
      I love this comment. For me it’s important when writing to also acknowledge the inspiration behind it.
      Mark inspires me all the time, so do other writers on this site.

      I also wanted to find a different metaphor besides the sun chasing the moon.
      There are other connections we can draw from to write.

      Im so happy you stopped by for a comment:)
      You are awesome!

    • Why thank you:)
      When you get that eureka moment you gotta write it down before it vanishes!
      I’m so happy you enjoyed our write.

      Thanks for commenting!

    • You guys are like the dynamic duo of poetry, tight work Lady

      • Awww. Thanks Meme. We are very in-tuned with each other.
        Even when we are far away.

        Your comment also reminded me of a show I would watch when I was a kid!
        The Wonder Twins! Do you remember the cartoon?
        They wore purple spandex and would activate their powers with a fist pump. Hahahaha

        Thanks for your snaps on this!
        Woop Woop!

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose
Profile Photo
Curly Grace
@curlygrace
Profile Photo
Adelphina
@adelphina
Profile Photo
Rosie C
@rosie415

Location

Dallas

New Report

Close