• Profile picture of Paula Jobi

    Paula Jobi wrote a new post

    THE WALK HOME

    THE WALK HOME There's a cool breeze...chilling me to the bone...it's gonna rain tonight...I'm walking home cause -I've only pennies in my pocket.I just want my lumpy bed.Severe weather just ahead. I know the way all too well.I've walked these streets......for...

    Read More
  • Profile picture of Amethyste

    Amethyste wrote a new post

    Bad memories

    Tell me:«How do you deleteBad memories?»

    Read More
    2 Comments
  • Profile picture of Tim

    Tim wrote a new post

    The gypsy-like leaves

      They flee and fly like jostling birds - or gray moths 'round a light. They pirouette in lazy rings - while frolicking in flight.   Like gypsies, leaves will soon depart with tender thoughts for wind Soon to sweep and persevere - in lives undisciplined.   Some will scurry...

    Read More
    10 Comments
    • That’s very good Tim….very good

    • Thanks very much, Peter.

    • Beautifully penned, Tim. Sensational imagery my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • hi dearest Tim I loved the imagery ❤️

    • I like how the poem captures the restless, whimsical dance of leaves…it’s vivid and alive. I feel a shiver reading it, both from its beauty and the fluttering imagery– of moths (which terrifies me! Lol ), yet it’s utterly stunning. The gentle, swirling cadence and the soft rhymes make the poem feel as airy and unpredictable as the leaves themselves, perfectly echoing their flight.

    • The dance of the leaves as they pirouette to the ground is such a welcomed sight to see. Beautiful capture of such a wonder of nature. Good to see you here, Tim!

  • Profile picture of Tim

    Tim wrote a new post

    A bird overheard

      Upon this path - where winter greets a footpath walker's stride a robin's voice affects me so for what I hear implied.   He echoes language through the woods in words no man can say. Ensnaring thus my downcast soul to turn my thoughts his way.   I'm curious...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • I like how this poem captures the quiet beauty of a winter walk and turns a simple robin’s song into something almost spiritual. I feel the mix of melancholy and hope -the way the bird’s call stirs thoughts of loss, yet also hints at renewal and trying again. Beautiful

      • Nice interpretation Romaj. Thanks for the comment. 🙂

    • Beautifully penned, Tim. Amazing write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • hello dearest Tim I had bluebirds in a recent poem I wonder about their symbolism mine was about love I wonder if yours is also great write ❤️

      • Bluebirds symbolize optimism and happiness. Thanks for you comment, crimsin.

  • Profile picture of Ghosteen

    Ghosteen wrote a new post

    Within the Night

    Word rubble and the corpses within  I can no longer build temples from ruins    Let me whisper snow from your hair  massage the sun into your shoulders and back,  turn every clock in this flat to interlude    I care little that your past maybe...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • Cleverly penned, Ghosteen. Great write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • I enjoyed the beginning trickles of affection.
      Then the dam broke at the confession!
      I grinned the whole time:)

    • There’s a beautiful tension here –between ruin and tenderness, poetry and flesh. It’s as if love is both the wreck and the rebuilding, the prayer and the profanity. “Poetry passport will only travel me so far” might be one of the truest lines I’ve read about desire’s limits. Beautifully penned, Rob!

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Cursedvessel
@cursedvessel
Profile Photo
Kathy J Anderson
@inkadaisy
Profile Photo
Knight
@knightscapes
Profile Photo
Aldo Kraas
@poetaldo256
Profile Photo
Where Rivers Wander
@whereriverswander

Groups

My Recent Posts

Once You Know

Beyond My Prime

New Report

Close