-
Jacob erin-cilberto wrote a new post
7 Comments-
-
Oh, thank God! For a moment I thought this would be some dry learned lecture, then the first verse got me chuckling. When Ishmael asked the others to call him, I just howled and my wife came back here and asked me what was wrong. I told her, “I’ll just have to read this to you.” So I did, and we both roared with laughter all the way through. Thank you so much for this one, Jake. We really needed that. You have any more like this? I can go put on the popcorn!
-
ha ha….I don’t even lecture to my classes. All satirical and glad that it could give you a few chuckles. Thanks for letting me know this.
There is truth in this in the fact of me hating Moby Dick with a passion.
j.
-
-
-
-
Crimsin wrote a new post
2 Comments -
Tim wrote a new post
6 Comments-
-
-
Wow! The whole write is moving but the line about having her wings plucked and her breath made off with, great metaphors for death. You have a great talent mister!
-
-
Ghosteen wrote a new post
6 Comments-
I like how the poem casts Caligula -a figure known for cruelty -into a haunting, reflective presence. I feel intrigued and a little unsettled: his brutal history seeps through with a mild, almost playful sadism, yet the poem channels that darkness into a tender, romantic meditation on desire, resilience, and the quiet power of love. Beautiful.
-
Effective personal storytelling through historical abstractions. Your words are both sharp and tender. Always glad to see you posting here.
-
-
RomaJ wrote a new post
14 Comments-
-
Wow, I absolutely love that thought! The pulse of an olive whispering to the pimento is such a quiet, perfect echo of the magic in the poem. Thank you!
-
-
Hi Adagio. I like the thought of an olive whispering to a pimento, but I think for now, I’m going to let Forest Pulse stand on its own. It was born from a vivid, complete dream vision, and I feel like the poem already captures all the magic that spoke to me in that moment. Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment
-
-
-
-
Beautifully done, Romaj. Each line sings and comes to life through the images you describe.
Favorite line
Ferns unfurled like emerald flames,-
Tim, Thank you! I’m really delighted to hear that the imagery resonated with you and made the forest feel alive.
I especially appreciate you pointing out the line about the ferns. The emerald was so stunning and vivid in the dream, and it’s a huge relief to know I managed to capture that vision with words.
-
-
Beautifully penned, Roma. Excellent write my friend, with such colorful imagery. You know how to paint a picture with your words. Appreciate you.
Damian
-
I love reading poems like this. Full of vivid color and storytelling. I’m a huge fan of anime. The good stuff.
I love how it plays with your mind and brings dream alive. Truly enjoyed the read:)-
Hi Adelphina. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you saying that. Since the poem actually came from a dream, I was trying to capture that feeling of a vivid, hyper-real vision. I can absolutely see the connection to anime. It has that ability to make color and dreams feel so alive! I’m glad you enjoyed the read.
-
-
-
- Load More Posts
My Friends
Cursedvessel
@cursedvessel
Kathy J Anderson
@inkadaisy
Knight
@knightscapes
Aldo Kraas
@poetaldo256
Where Rivers Wander
@whereriverswander
Groups
My Recent Posts

Once You Know
- September 30, 2026

Beyond My Prime
- September 14, 2026




lol, My nightmare book report was Silas Marner. I remember those days of summer that were stolen from us.