• Profile picture of Tim

    Tim wrote a new post

    The Great Exodus

    The man's face is leather-like,as time-worn as his stained overallsfrom years of farming. His degraded truck's radiatoris starving for water. He unscrews the radiator capwith callused hands andgrabs a thin handle to ared metal bucket struggling not to spill a...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • My dad had to work two jobs as a kid during the depression because his dad had died and he had to support his mom.
      This is intense but also beautiful lyrically.
      Reminds me of the film The Grapes of Wrath.

      The Joad family…”I’ll be there Ma, yeah, I’ll be there!”

      • That’s where the idea came from. I read the book many years ago. Your dad was a courageous person. No wonder why you turned out so well. Thanks for the comment, J.

    • I liked how you discussed this. Looking through one person’s point of view and I could see it.

      • Thanks so much for your input Fia. I appreciate the comment.

    • Powerfully penned, Tim. Excellent write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

  • Profile picture of RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS

    RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS and Profile picture of LisaLisa are now friends

    Profile Photo
    RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS
    @richard-jenkins
  • Profile picture of Daniel Long

    Daniel Long wrote a new post

    Mother's Hushed Eyes

    Passages of my childhood arise within my mother’s death gaze, bringing reminiscences of olden days. In childhood, we would speak in silent gaze. No mother left to envision me now, now within those quiet eyes. You have gone away oh, dear mother, let the...

    Read More
    1 Comment
    • My goodness, this hit me in the gut. My mother passed 8 years ago. But I still sense her keeping an eye on me from above…so I must weigh my decisions carefully.
      very relatable write.
      j.

  • Profile picture of Sam Dickens

    Sam Dickens wrote a new post

    The Church Banquet

    On the grass outside the church, several tables were put end to end, then covered with white sheets so it looked like there was one long table. Platters and dish's of home cooked food were placed on it, brought...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • Short and sweet — or sweaty. I’ve got to admit, Sam, we were very much alike. Thoughts always moved toward females and food, and the latter would always lose out to the former. I got a good laugh out of the ending. You’re very good at doing that.

    • Thanks. The story is about half true.

    • I love it! Like a 1970’s memory or movie! Starring Sammy Dickens as himself. Most of mine are like that unless I experiment a bit. A couple from the dude perspective and a trilogy as a dog.

  • Profile picture of Crimsin

    Crimsin wrote a new post

    vamonos

    waves of feeling come over methe music spins and I with itentering a trance statemy body relaxes and I feel that sexy feelingan aphrodisiac for the mindclimbing the notes to where you areso high in the atmosphereand yes I...

    Read More
    13 Comments
    • ‘climbing the notes to where you are
      so high in the atmosphere
      and yes I know I’m sky scraping
      but damn you are fine’

      fine writing.. seems you’v found why, where and how: the person has added ‘special’ to everything

      • hello lovely Emma good morning thank you graciously for the love on this it’s appreciated❤

    • Next to last stanza is so-well worded. This quite sensual but not blatant, which makes it poetry that is a pleasure to read.
      I also really like the stanza that emmagreen pointed out.
      You have a nice variety to your writing.
      I clicked that I was mature enough to read this poem. Even though I am 75, I probably scammed on being mature enough.

      j.

      • hello dearest Jacob thank you graciously I’m happy you liked this and at 55 I’m mature enough too lol❤

    • Brenda, this is one of your best pieces… truly well spoken!

    • I found myself spinning with the joy of fulfillment to be. Thanks dear Crimsin. (It’s not a sin ;))

    • It’s almost 7PM here, but ty dear!
      I’m in Rhode Island
      are you in Nova Scotia?

    • Passionately penned, Brenda. Excellent write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • This was a great piece. So passionate, so hot! I’m glad I found it.

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
CasketSharpe
@casketsharpe
Profile Photo
CaseyJo
@caseyjo
Profile Photo
Atticus Abbey
@bonjour
Profile Photo
TreeMap
@penguinphile
Profile Photo
Logan Clark
@ganlo

Groups

My Recent Posts

Unbutton Me

Ledger of Shadows and Desire

New Report

Close