• limericks

    man from Austin

    there once was a man from Austin
    who said “I no longer drink. it’s a toxin”
    he stood his ground
    til the whiskey went down
    and rewrote his whole fuckin doctrine

    someone I adore

    there once was someone I adore
    that said “we can’t do this anymore”
    one drink one grin
    and I’m right back in
    my morals t…Read More

    Profile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    1 Comment
    • Simply fantastic, Dru! 🍻
      The meter may be a bit wonky, but your creative imagery, spot-on rhymes, and dancing rhythm make your efforts worthy a pound of Elvish Gold*
      I really got a very good laugh out of your unique “Only You” sense-of-humor … especially, with L4 ‘n 5, Limerick 2. ; )))
      ~··|··~
      Give the forms we’ve shared on here some gener…Read More

  • Profile picture of Sapphirewolf

    Sapphirewolf wrote a new post

    Fall

    Today I felt it... And smelled it in the air... Fall is coming... And soon no trees will bare...

    Read More
    3 Comments
  • Profile picture of Visions_of_Insanity

    Visions_of_Insanity wrote a new post

    NYC circa 1963

    The studio on 4th Street was the place they needed to beHope & determination was in their minds, that they can change societyThey were considered the outcasts outside of their communitySongs being created in Greenwich Village that weren't so...

    Read More
    14 Comments
    • I think everyone has their favorite time period. favorite line “In the evening, the beatniks and the long haired girls came too
      Coffee shops heard their words”

    • Beautifully penned, Keith. Excellent write my friend I dig writes involving music. Cool photo, I knew instantly that was a young Robert Zimmerman. Nicely done. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Hoi hoi @Visions,
      What a lovely write!
      And – assuming that you took the inspiration off the photo – what a lovely prompt.

      I was taken back a bit when I saw the litter on the pavement. Let’s hope that that is remedied now.

      If you’re a serious fan of Bob’s, you may be interested in other stuff than his music.
      Paintings, train wagon, his record collection. I may be able to help you there.
      If so, please send a PM or mail.
      Not his own music, I must add.

      I think your post is a very valuable one.
      If you’re American:
      Thank you.
      In all other cases:
      Keep them coming please.
      Kind regards, Gus

    • I wasn’t alive yet in the 60’s, but damn, the youth had such piss & vinegar against the establishment. There was no choice but for the government to stop, look & listen. Thanks for the generous comment.

    • Once again you succeeded and writing and Article as powerful as meaningful on an important chapter of music history, Artists, and especially musicians were most often the ones to kick off change of social and political rules and customs. The Beatles and their generation initiated a real big innovation.
      This is an outstanding article my friend!

    • I believe I read this on WC. It’s just as good the second time reading it. Your photo cements the character of the poem. A snapshot in time I wish I could have experienced. Dylan was a poet with a guitar. Excellent writing.

    • Myself, born in 1963. Let’s just get back there.

  • Profile picture of Visions_of_Insanity

    Visions_of_Insanity wrote a new post

    Let's Eat

    Feast on carbohydratesCavatelli, Angel Hair, Mezzi Rigatoni....Great!!Manicotti, Tortellini, Fussili....Divine!Tagliatelle and Farfalle are okay, but never as good as Stuffed ShellsYou better cook my pasta Al Dente, cause if you don't I will destroy you!

    Read More
    6 Comments
  • Profile picture of Visions_of_Insanity

    Visions_of_Insanity wrote a new post

    A Gross Abecedarian tale...backwards

    Zak's yellow xanthoma was vile.Urine tears, slowly run quietly producing ooze.No money left.Keeping Jesus in his grips,Father Edwards divine cock bastardizing anally.

    Read More
    6 Comments
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
AnnaM44
@annamarie44
Profile Photo
Where Rivers Wander
@whereriverswander
Profile Photo
Lizz
@mysterious-girl
Profile Photo
M.E
@mustapha
Profile Photo
Aldo Kraas
@poetaldo256

Groups

Group logo of Welcome Group
Welcome Group
Public Group
Group logo of Unsung Underground
Unsung Underground
Private Group
Group logo of Music is Art
Music is Art
Public Group

My Recent Posts

sulk

azure

Location

California

New Report

Close