• Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    How to Get Elected

    How to Get ElectedBy FlatDaddyIt takes big bucks   cause the luck's with the clucks      with the cashhhh,         the stashhhh            of tucks in the pocket.That's the socket, the clock to...

    Read More
    10 Comments
    • Very entertaining! I don’t trust politicians no matter who they are.

      • Ah, thank you! Did you play the audio? I need to redo it, but it’s not too bad.

        • I listened to the audio and it sounded great to me. Lots of rhythm.

          • Oh, good. I still need to fix it though (it’s missing a word I had to add after Trump took the throne, er, office.)

            • haha, well then get that word in flat daddy. One word might not make a difference unless it’s a real good one. 🙂

              • Oh, yes! The word is “nay” — it wasn’t in there before. I won’t tell you where (oh, boy, a treasure hunt!), but once you find it, you’ll understand why I had to add it. So now I must add it to the audio — which, of course, requires doing it again.

    • I wish you luck in your endeavor. 🙂

    • Super cool and fun poetic satire on the cash that floats our politicians. Buying elections with the telegenic looks and velvet tongue has been going on for a long time. Great poem.

      John

      • Ah, yes, and I find it strange for that very reason that I did not go into politics myself; it’s too bad my mirror does not agree. Damn lying glassy two-dimensional things that populate every bathroom I’ve ever been in. Who put those damn things there? Certainly not me! Thanks for the nice comments, John.

  • Profile picture of Crimsin

    Crimsin wrote a new post

    dark faith

    inside I crash into your energysmashing, cunted brillianceshining danger I can't resistinfidelity of the soulmy honesty is invaded by your darknessit seeps into my sorrowyour marred imageit makes me flinch what you call goodmiserable truth I hate the feelingof...

    Read More
    2 Comments
    • Beautifully penned, Brenda. Love the depth and layers in this write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

      • thank you graciously dearest Damian forgive my late response I find myself slipping of as of late ❤️

  • Profile picture of Tim

    Tim wrote a new post

    doorways and bluebirds

    She left without a goodbye.As though our nest was no longercomfortable enough for her. As though from a high perchshe saw something, or someone,better than meand flew off. But life is funnyand often horrific. They found her among the reeds.Some human animal...

    Read More
    6 Comments
  • Profile picture of Ghosteen

    Ghosteen wrote a new post

    Migrating Swallows

    Roll you hair above your neck  let me fortress centuries of love bites  upon your skin, where no warrior  would ever dare cross our moat    The ghost of Caligula  haunts my city walls,  my heart remains legion; my mind is a bruise  which only bleeds kindness, forever chasing...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • I like how the poem casts Caligula -a figure known for cruelty -into a haunting, reflective presence. I feel intrigued and a little unsettled: his brutal history seeps through with a mild, almost playful sadism, yet the poem channels that darkness into a tender, romantic meditation on desire, resilience, and the quiet power of love. Beautiful.

      • An artistic and intriguing comment. I lived in the English city of Chester for some time and it’s steeped in Roman history,. Think it may have had some bearing on this scribble. Thank you.

    • Passionately penned, Ghosteen. Incredible write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Thank you D

    • Effective personal storytelling through historical abstractions. Your words are both sharp and tender. Always glad to see you posting here.

  • Profile picture of Paula Jobi

    Paula Jobi wrote a new post

    THE WALK HOME

    THE WALK HOME There's a cool breeze...chilling me to the bone...it's gonna rain tonight...I'm walking home cause -I've only pennies in my pocket.I just want my lumpy bed.Severe weather just ahead. I know the way all too well.I've walked these streets......for...

    Read More
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Jessy Jacob
@jessyandjacob
Profile Photo
Sapphirewolf
@sapphirewolf
Profile Photo
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Profile Photo
Martin
@mando
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose

Groups

My Recent Posts

Sitting in Tipp City

For Sale By Owner

Location

Mostly the backroads

New Report

Close