• Profile picture of Damian DeadLove

    Damian DeadLove and Profile picture of NevilleNeville are now friends

    Profile Photo
    Damian DeadLove
    @damiandeadlove
  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    Ghost Ship

    Ghost ShipBy FlatDaddyI found a shipA mighty thing it wasA massive mast that touched the skyEvery oaken plank self carved  Rigging unspoiled coiled upon the deck,    untrodden,    helm untouched,  Yet, curious, every sail was made    from...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • I like the breaks of “and yet” This is great theme for this month, I enjoyed this.

    • Thanks, Fia. I am so glad you like the line breaks. I feel that, with certain writes, visual presentation can be important to how the piece is perceived. This is one of those.

    • I caught the curse vibe in this.
      It slowly built up like a possession of his mind and actions
      Until it turned into an obsession. I enjoyed devotion in this.

      • Why, thank you so much! I don’t believe we’ve met, so I would like to return the favor. Is there anything of yours in particular you are most proud of? Feel free to message me, or answer here.

    • This is a right good salty tale, especially so since it comes from an Air Force dude. (Makes me a bit jealous, it does) Never see the shore again? I know the feeling, but here’s a tip–if you look to that fluid horizon at night, you will often see tiny lights.

      • I thank you, Sam, and yes, I have seen those lights, wondered briefly what they were, a fleeting thought — but did they notice?

  • Profile picture of Crimsin

    Crimsin wrote a new post

    Hex

    switching the mood, it is the witching hourmidnight drops upon me and I shudderyour specter comes a callingsending shivers along my spinepulses of pleasure overcome mesating a fantasy, I begin to chanta mantra really, calling you to mea spell...

    Read More
    15 Comments
    • Rock on, Love this crimsin

      • thank you graciously dearest Adagio for being here my attention in the site was waning due to lack of interaction… I appreciate you deeply today ❤️

    • I love the rock god!!!
      So many great lines in this but I absolutely love flame of fright!!
      Cheers to the darkness!

      • hi beautiful Adelphina thank you so much I felt like I was hitting my flow by that time I’m glad you liked it ❤️

    • Passionately penned, Brenda. Always a great write when music is involved in the story. Excellent work my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

      • hello dearest Damian yes he is an inspiration thank you for digging it ❤️

    • ​I love the commanding voice in this poem! It isn’t a passive admirer; she’s a “Mistress,” an active conjurer of lust. The use of words like “Hexaba,” “culted lust,” and “sanctify the rite with orgasm” is brilliant for creating that sense of forbidden, consuming desire. A passionate wicked piece.

      • hello lovely poetess good evening thank you graciously for the love on this write ❤️

    • Really intense images.
      I definitely saw a scene of the occult unfolding in these words.

      I both admire and fear witches.

      Regards James

      • he dearest James good morning thank you and don’t worry I’m not a practising witch though magic seems to come naturally from me have a good day today ❤️

    • A wonderful write Crimsin. I hope you have a spectacular day this day.

      Bat

    • hi dearest Keith forgive me for missing your comment thank you my friend ❤️

    • hello dearest Bat thank you graciously for the love on this ❤️

  • Profile picture of Damian DeadLove

    Damian DeadLove wrote a new post

    While Love Got Strangled

    just a permanent scab the one you constantly pick i’m the back you stab the one vice you can’t kick   everything feels so heavy with this weight i carry why don’t you tell me how i’m not so scary   unable to speak the truth so we repeat a...

    Read More
    19 Comments
    • I’m big on the closing lines of a poem. What an impact they make. It’s the impression your reader walks away with, that stays in your head like a song you can’t shake. The lost loves and the unrequited loves are always on my hit list. You nailed this one, Damian…so good!

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Kelly. So glad you connected with the write my friend. I agree with you, coming from a lyrical background, I always love a good line. But the beginning and ending are very important indeed. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • This was hidden? Man, this was screaming to be let out. “No winners because the race was fixed.” Yup.
      This is a great piece, cuz

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Fia. So glad you connected with the write my friend. I wrote this before joining DU. I love that line as well. It was screaming to be let out. Appreciate you, cuz.

        Damian

    • The last stanza is a real ass kicker! The rhyme scheme is cool too. It’s obvious that you care about your results. It shows in your craftings. This is thought provoking, but not heavy. Well done Damian.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Mark. So glad you connected with the write my friend. It was an ass kicker, I penned this during a time of self-therapy and reflection. I’ve always cared, always executing is another story. This was a cool discovery, because I had forgotten about it. lol. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • I too enjoyed the rhyme scheme. Everyone can relate to this. We’ve all been there.
      When you both know it was over a few months back!
      Great write amigo!

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Adel. So glad you connected with the write my friend. It’s a relatable story indeed. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • wow dearest Damian so much power and passion in this I am floored ❤️great write…

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Brenda. So glad you connected with the write my friend. It was a very reflective time in my life to say the least. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Now aint that the truth so bloomin well poemed .. Say it like it is why don’tcha eh .. Great ink Damian & subsequently awarded Nev’s dubble 👍👍

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Neville. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Sometimes you gotta say it loud and proud. Honored to receive the dubble. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • This is dark, deep, and brilliant, Damian. I’m glad you dug it out of the vault! The honesty in this poem is cutting, and the final lines–“instead of owning we rented / while love got strangled” –are a phenomenal, memorable finish. A wicked good read.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Roma. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Those final lines are my favorite as well. It was penned in a time of self-reflection, and getting to really know myself. Without my addiction clouding my vision. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • “another moment dies”

      That’s the thing people lose sight of. Once the moment is gone…it’s gone. What we make of it bears a lot of weight. I’d rather carry honest weight than the baggage of pretense. I’m glad you found this one. It needed to breathe, my friend

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Willow. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Spot on in your analysis as always, it did need to breathe a little. It was simmering on the stove in the word kitchen. lol. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Damian, great rhyme and flow while delivering a strong message.
      Excellent work sir.

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Wally. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Keith. So glad you connected with the write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

  • Profile picture of Mstrmnd1923

    Mstrmnd1923 wrote a new post

    Political Masquerade

    They don their masks For political embraceA circus act In a high stakes placeOne side cries out"Democracy's dying"Speaking loudly To hide their lying They shout of fraudWith riteous flairThen gerrymander statesKeeping voting unfairProtect the voteThey chant and cheerWhile closing polls Year after yearThen claim...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • I steer clear of political stuff (and raunchy porn.)
      But your write is very well done. Not severe in its judgements, but insightful. This is the way to open people’s eyes and minds. With maturity within a write. You succeed here.
      Well done, sir.

      • Thank you for reading..yeah political writes are dangerous and it’s a quick way to make many ppl mad..I see flaws with our government in general..on both sides..and I honestly don’t think either side works for our best interest..thanks again for commenting

    • This is insightful without being preached to. I also enjoyed the rhythm in this too.
      Great message with style

      I enjoyed the read.

    • Glad you enjoyed..unfortunately politics are topical so sometimes it warrants being written about..the climate of our government is toxicly boiling.. thank you for commenting..I appreciate it

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Jessy Jacob
@jessyandjacob
Profile Photo
Sapphirewolf
@sapphirewolf
Profile Photo
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Profile Photo
Martin
@mando
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose

Groups

My Recent Posts

Sitting in Tipp City

For Sale By Owner

Location

Mostly the backroads

New Report

Close