• Profile picture of Drieks

    Drieks wrote a new post

    Till Death

    Wind rushing through the opened window. My mouth still covered by his digits. I see the airflow rattle the leaves of the petty flowers he got me in the kitchen. “I’mma make you a widow if you don’t quit your...

    Read More
    5 Comments
    • Thank you so much 🙏🏻💕

    • SHIT!! FUCK!! It’s hard to know what to say. I wish I had the words, but anger gets in the way.

      The only thing I can think is: Drieks, you know that you are a human being, a woman, and nothing he says is true. You know this right? Deep down inside you, you know, and believe, not just the words but the reality of being, of being you, whole, wonderful, and worth being alive.

      This poem will stay with me for a long time
      Curt

    • Powerfully penned, Drieks. Excellent write my friend, thank you for sharing your truth. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • The title says it all till death.
      It sounds romantic in wedding vows. It clarifies your commitment to each other but sometimes things change.
      Not for the better. This write is a clear example of how it can manifest into a nightmare except it’s real.
      This is a great scene to build on. In the back of my mind I was hoping she would find the mace!

    • That was very difficult to read, my friend. I am so glad you wrote this years ago. I am certain you are no longer in that situation nor any other like it. You are too, too strong now to ever again allow that.
      There is so much power in your writing, Drieks. I’ve been listening to your work and re-reading the words and constantly amazed; I keep turning other people on to you. Keep up the good work; you are one of our best — and I do not mean just here. I mean anywhere, everywhere.

  • Profile picture of Detritus

    Detritus wrote a new post

    Sky Poem

    In my mind I opened the sky and climbed a staircase so high so high   Cumulus clouds under my toes cold then wet and whiter than snow   Brightest blue you sing to the sea when I am at home you set me free   Only...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • I like the rhyming scheme and the poem.

      • I appreciate the read and the comment, Fia. I am happy you enjoyed both!

        Thank you for stopping by.
        Clay

    • great flow and subject matter very beautiful ❤️

      • Thank you, my friend! It was a gorgeous day and place that inspired it.

        I appreciate you taking the time.
        Clay

    • Hello, Her. You nailed it, my child-self was indeed a’visiting. It brings me true joy to know this poem was helpful for you!

      You may borrow my rose-tinted glasses anytime.
      Clay

    • Thank you, Visions_of_Insanity, you captured this poem’s spirit perfectly. I keep wishing I could return to that afternoon!

      I appreciate the visit
      Clay

  • Profile picture of Neville

    Neville wrote a new post

    Mirislavka

    Mirislavka Without any doubt    all the village boys wanted her .. Those with a pulse,    pubes and piercings did anyway .. The rest were either far too young, or too old to even contemplate what they    each knew to be unobtainable .. Even those feral twins who every now and...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • Desire and lust–she certainly has the right stuff to stir emotions and fan passionate flames inside of boys, men, and grandpas who ain’t dead yet. She reminds me of the gas station owner’s wife who’d sell us boys cokes and peanuts, then send us away with big lumps in our pants. (Through no fault of her own–all she did was make change and smile) Thoughts of your Mirislavka will be with me all day.

    • Bless you Sam you just made this old fella’s day .. Kindest of regards, Neville 😎👍

    • Passionately penned, Neville. Excellent write with brilliant detail and wonderful storytelling my friend. Outstanding work. Appreciate you.

      Damian

  • Profile picture of Liziantus-Marantus

    Liziantus-Marantus wrote a new post

    As The World Caves In

    Sometimes I wake up in eternal darkness.And I really wish to escape.All the plans and memories that fade. That distract me from my loneliness and woe.They protect me from war and foe.Slowly over the years,the sun slowly got brighter. But it...

    Read More
  • Profile picture of Crimsin

    Crimsin wrote a new post

    in my tower weep

    deep I go and deeper stillcultivating sadness it shines inside of me why deny itsweet melancholy serenades in the shadowsquietly I play my melodymetiqulously I climb the notes into my black dintheir is cackling accompanied by whispersthe horde reside...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • Powerfully penned, Brenda. Amazing write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Thia is a deeply moving poem, Crimsin. I felt especially those last 3 line. And the music made the poem more real to me, more tragic. To desire death, yet condemned to life, where only sadness can be found. And yet, there is also the deeply felt desire to be “understood”. Crimsin, you may not want anyone in your “onyx tower”, but your poem calls to us nonetheless. Is this not an invitation to at least feel your words?

      You write powerfully, Crimsin.

      Curt

    • hello dearest Curt of course it is I hope to move always that you got it makes me happy thank you ❤️

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Profile Photo
Martin
@mando
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose
Profile Photo
kesnerfreds
@galateus
Profile Photo
Where Rivers Wander
@whereriverswander

Groups

My Recent Posts

Sitting in Tipp City

For Sale By Owner

Location

Mostly the backroads

New Report

Close