Profile Photo

Backdeckbenny (Peter)Offline

    • To be Consumed Before Yesterday

        Poem: I never imagined that tenderness could be so violent. Delicately imposing and so unrecognizable in its egocentric mask-face. But, as always, you were there to show me the empty stage behind the curtains. My comment on my poem. This brief poem...

      Read More
      9 Comments
      • Thank you my dearest Adira! I keep on trying my best evrytime.

      • hello dearest Par this is very deep and must have been hard for you to face great write 💕

      • Wow, PAR! This is really good. I have to say I’ve never seen anyone self-analyze so meticulously as you’ve accomplished here in this series of pieces. For me, the word ‘violent’ in your poem may be slightly overbearing and excessive under the circumstance of your more extensive description. Perhaps ‘forceful’ or ‘foreboding’ … though I do see the intent to create shock through contrast.

        You’ve managed to describe something that I’ve never paused to ponder… the power of silent observation, allowing the ribbons to unravel themselves until the package lies fully open and exposed. There’s a self-loathing quality to your piece, but it’s far deeper than that. It emulates the respect and honor provided by a student to his teacher.

        Exceptionally intellectual and yet warmly appreciative. Well done.

      • Brilliantly penned, PAR. Into the book it belongs! This is so profound with deep introspection my friend. Wow, you never fail to amaze me. Fucking magnificent write! Appreciate you.

        Damian

      • hank you, Keith, for your words about my words… in a world that needs more and more significance. Appreciate you always.

    • Profile picture of Drieks

      Drieks wrote a new post

      Cyberpunk

      Let me in on this horizon funk.Kicks so tight, i’m a cyberpunk.Crazy for the neon, my ride’s a hunk.Beats from the 80s feed my car’s blaupunkt.Many will say I barely get to live another day.Lifestyle’s wicked. Married? Nah, hah...

      Read More
      4 Comments
    • Profile picture of Javalini

      Javalini wrote a new post

      Cocoon

      this cocoon of bone and flesh, its frail innards a mass of soft truths, of secrets, and wishes, of regrets and things missed at the time or almost forgotten   this damp chamber where the restless soul waits, pressing the sternum, anxious to spread its bright wings

      Read More
      2 Comments
    • Profile picture of Crimsin

      Crimsin wrote a new post

      apology

      lingers the sadness and I wonder when it will endthe blueness of feeling overwhelms my soul tries to conceal the griefbut it is emerging in my day and in my writingin the form of depressionmy days are altered and...

      Read More
      9 Comments
      • No apologies necessary, girl. This is what writing is for. Your catharsis. Hand over your feelings. The piece is strong and moving.

        Meg

        • hello lovely Meg thank you graciously it is difficult because my feelings seem to confront me when I write there is no hiding from them… I deeply appreciate your understanding and willingness to listen my name is Brenda 💕

      • hello dearest Will thank you for the good advise I want to get past this feeling in my life and in my writing…sometimes I think I here my son asking me ma, what are you doing when I am unkind to myself…still I am grateful I had time with my son to be close to him before he died… I deeply appreciate your thoughts 💕

      • Do whatever you need to do to survive…..write,cry,complain,run naked trough the streets if you have to…….just survive.

        Take care and you have friends here that care even if from the other side of the earth.

      • Powerfully penned, Brenda. No apologies are needed, you grieve as long as you need to my friend. You’re working through your thoughts and emotions, writing is your therapy right now. I’m supportive because I also use my writing as therapy, I think it’s what writers do. Great write my friend. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Profile picture of Crimsin

      Crimsin and Profile picture of WallyWally are now friends

      Profile Photo
      Crimsin
      @crimsin
    • Load More Posts

    My Friends

    Profile Photo
    Willow
    @windbournewhispers
    Profile Photo
    AnnaM44
    @annamarie44
    Profile Photo
    CasketSharpe
    @casketsharpe
    Profile Photo
    Bat Powers
    @batpowers
    Profile Photo
    Ghosteen
    @ghosteen

    Groups

    Group logo of Unsung Underground
    Unsung Underground
    Private Group
    Group logo of Published Authors
    Published Authors
    Public Group

    My Recent Posts

    wow just wow

    Am Not

    Location

    Wollongong

    New Report

    Close