-
Sappho (Elke) wrote a new post
16 Comments-
-
-
Each our own battles distract from another’s. Thank you for sharing yours to deflate the the imagined importance of mine. 🌼
-
Thank you so much for reading and sharing your opinion in your kind comment, Joe!
In the beginning I put much effort in hiding my disease and pretending that nothing was wrong. I felt so ashamed! Meanwhile I know that there is nothing shameful about disability and dependency. As you say, everyone has to carry their backpack containing good and bad things with the purpose to teach us a lesson
-
-
-
You’re actually an inspiration to others with this writing. Many hate their lives and wish they could change. Trough the mundane tasks of life they complain and never show gratitude for how lucky they are.
Your struggle is a real one that only the strongest can endure. I hope life gets better for you somehow.
No need to respond.
-
Wow Tim! I had never expected to read such a great and understanding comment to my writing! Of course I have my struggles with my condition. But I am also convinced that every problem presents us learning tasks. When we accept that challenge, we will be stronger and maybe a little wiser. To go through life with an open heart and lots of gratitude for all the wonders and blessings all around us was one of the lessons I have learned. And – everyone has their struggles and fights. Suffering is no competition. In the end, aren’t we all walking each other home?
-
-
I wish that I could somehow quench the flames that torment you, if only for a few hours…💞
and often thereafter
-
-
Damian DeadLove wrote a new post
14 Comments-
-
-
You are an honorable writer, Damian. The freedom to write and express is a gift and you’ve shown you are a prolific poet who many can relate to.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Crimsin wrote a new post
2 Comments -
Eyes of a hidden woman wrote a new post
11 Comments -
-
Ellie wrote a new post
7 Comments-
-
“If you fall, I will catch you, I’ll be waiting
Time after time.” — Cyndi Lauper.I listen to a lot of music and often find myself writing a response song or a continuation. I have posted a couple here.
You just have to be there in the morning and be there in the night change whatever’s wrong and make it right. — Olivia Newton John (paraphrased).
-
- Load More Posts
My Friends
Willow
@windbournewhispers
AnnaM44
@annamarie44
CasketSharpe
@casketsharpe
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Ghosteen
@ghosteen
Groups
Unsung Underground
Private Group
Published Authors
Public Group
My Recent Posts

wow just wow
- October 1, 2026

Am Not
- September 28, 2026
Location
Wollongong






Elke….so glad you found the strength and words for this remarkable piece.
🙏