Profile Photo

Backdeckbenny (Peter)Offline

    • Profile picture of Broom

      Broom wrote a new post

      The Result of Never

      Written by J.DoucetteCopyright © September 2025 All rights reserved.The Result of Never:Life didn’t pauseIt didn’t warn meIt just shifted—and suddenly,there you wereI blinkedI gaspedno way… is this real?YesIt wasfor both of usIn that oneundeniable moment—it wasbut it takes workmutual...

      Read More
      4 Comments
      • “where your eyes almost met my soul so many great lines here I can feel your pain lovely lady hugs 💕

      • Powerfully penned, Jackie. Pulls at my heartstrings, amazing write my friend. Appreciate you.

        Damian

      • A very intense piece.

        So much brooding. I hear you.

        Regards
        James

      • Quite beautiful. Love always takes work, but perhaps not so much.
        Touching words dear.

    • Profile picture of Crimsin

      Crimsin wrote a new post

      dwell

      darkness dwells inside anger tremblesa lull in my speech means I am thinkingdevouring the light which shinesshrinking psychedelic thinkingstrobes of misery spinmy thoughts expandwith ideas of hurt to recallmy mind looks at the worldgood with fangs and clawsthe dark...

      Read More
      3 Comments
    • Profile picture of Ghosteen

      Ghosteen wrote a new post

      Some Call it Kismet

      Guttering flames of her red dress  blazed into the hours after midnight,  where she danced on the furthest table    She could have been the train window girl  who peeled me from the platform  placed her ticket in the pocket astride my heart,  our destination was...

      Read More
    • Profile picture of Amethyste

      Amethyste wrote a new post

      45

      I found a sun down there;And there was a moon;They called it that way;Moon;There was a sky;Some bright spotsThat shone especially in the night;I found trees;Trees couldn’t move;And then there were other objectsThat just like me, moved;They had limbsAnd...

      Read More
    • Profile picture of Willow

      Willow wrote a new post

      Kill It...

      "what doesn't kill you...makes you stronger"or so they say it might be truebut I'll tell you what I thinkit sounds like an abuser's excuseas usual...shifting the blame...to you ya know what else it creates?scars that never healfears that never weakentriggers unseen...sneaking...

      Read More
      14 Comments
      • hello beautiful Willow it seems we are on similar wavelengths as of late the world has made me cautious and fear overtakes… great write you are not alone ❤️

        • The world is definitely not a welcoming place these days. I find myself retreating further from it every day. Thank you, Brenda 🧡

      • POWERFUL AND POIGNANT.

      • That phrase neglects something; It hides the trauma that stirred the mantra to be uttered. It doesn’t really make you stronger. It makes you “on guard”.
        Your words ring true, Willow. Let it out and stand proud of it.

        • It’s reminiscent of “suck it up, buttercup” to me. They do the abusing & then try to say they’re doing us a favor by “toughening” us up. Scar tissue is just as sensitive…just that nothing grows there anymore. Thank you, Styxian

      • Into the book it belongs! Mic Drop, Willow. I got goosebumps! Appreciate you.

        Damian

        • I’ve been much in my head of late. Kinda dark place in the world these days. My own demons are at least familiar. Thank you, my friend

      • Mic drop!! felt this too deeply love..

        🌹

        • Why are there so damn many of us? And the number just keeps going up. Thank you

      • Like the joker said “Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stranger”. I think that’s a bit more accurate haha.

        Great ink.

      • Amazing work, Willow. I find myself blushing and cursing myself for never looking at that slogan from this point of view. I gave no thought of that phrase being anything more than absurd for its stupidity. Not that I never knew the pain — or felt it from my father’s hand, or saw it when my mother lay upon the floor with one leg jutting outward at an odd angle. I think I preferred to ignore it, not from shame or ignorance, but because the pain is still there, buried deep within my mind, still sticking in the knife. Thank you for this.

        • This is why I write. Because those images haunt. And everyday nonsensical phrases take on different weight when you look at them from the other side. I can never not be fractured. I’m a complete kaleidoscope but if I can draw light to bits and pieces, make people see differently, than maybe someone else won’t experience it later that day. Or they might recognize the truth in what is being said and know they’re not alone in feeling it. We don’t change the world in leaps and bounds, we change it in moments and inches. But it does change. Thank you, FlatDaddy

    • Load More Posts

    My Friends

    Profile Photo
    Willow
    @windbournewhispers
    Profile Photo
    AnnaM44
    @annamarie44
    Profile Photo
    CasketSharpe
    @casketsharpe
    Profile Photo
    Bat Powers
    @batpowers
    Profile Photo
    Ghosteen
    @ghosteen

    Groups

    Group logo of Unsung Underground
    Unsung Underground
    Private Group
    Group logo of Published Authors
    Published Authors
    Public Group

    My Recent Posts

    Am Not

    Closing Door

    Location

    Wollongong

    New Report

    Close