Profile Photo

Backdeckbenny (Peter)Offline

    • Profile picture of emmagreen

      emmagreen and Profile picture of LisaLisa are now friends

      Profile Photo
      emmagreen
      @joyfu111
    • Profile picture of Ghosteen

      Ghosteen wrote a new post

      Songs from the Village Disco

      Ballerinas of glassdiamond scatter upon kitchen floor Bottles sink from handsas submarines failing to find home At the hospice karaokeinvitations to dance die like whisperswithin photograph framesbeside the coldest beds Mindy McCready tribute actlocked drunk jaw to the theatreat end of furthest...

      Read More
      5 Comments
      • Sounds like her mind was all over the place and things got out of hand

        • my scribbles often jag around like a crap jigsaw puzzle. the mindy stanza is just illustrative of troubled music souls. melissa was just an exploitative douche (i was 24, she was 40) and she played me like a guitar.

      • Third stanza is amazing. Hospice Karaoke to me is representative of the routines folks get into before they pass when they are at those facilities. It is a reminder of how life is already gone before it actually is.
        Your jigsaw puzzles are quite creative and fun to try to put together.
        j.

        • I’m pleased you find some creativity within the puzzles. Pleasure to meet you J.

          • Pleasure to meet you, Ghosteen. I am a transplant from WC, was on that since 2008.
            I am liking it here so far, and getting some inspiration to start banging the keys again.
            j.

    • Profile picture of Liziantus-Marantus

      Liziantus-Marantus wrote a new post

      Reason

      Maybe they have a reason to feel this way.Sadness,negativity begin to sway.Perhaps they had problems they deal with everyday. In order to feel like this all day.I think that every emotion we feel has a reason.Even if we can't see...

      Read More
      1 Comment
      • If our minds rust…pieces will fall away…memories might be gone and that could be sometimes a good thing and at others a bad thing.
        I felt the emotion here…you lent it to me while I was reading.
        j.

    • Profile picture of emmagreen

      emmagreen wrote a new post

      Remembered

      Dressed in blue overalls and stout boots, socks turned over their knotted bows,  she walked slowly, looking at not only the shrubs and flowers but three much loved maples. Their places in the garden had been carefully chosen as...

      Read More
      1 Comment
      • I guess you won’t be surprised to know that I envisioned you walking in that garden, and not someone fictitious. I see there is beauty here, but also a bit of sadness. Maybe it’s because I suspect the knife’s owner might not still be with us… or that flower being the last.

    • Profile picture of Crimsin

      Crimsin wrote a new post

      seek

      it is with pause I reflecthalting over my troubled daysonce I thought I was nicebut that proved to be untrueby the choices I madebut by the grace of God as they sayI've been blesseddignity and abusemy days were filled...

      Read More
      6 Comments
      • Terrific write

        🙏

      • we own our choices good or bad. And for those we regret, we can ask forgiveness and do what we can of good deeds to even up the ledger. Similar to what the Chorus in Oedipus spoke of at his end.
        Fate took him in one direction…he attempted to take himself as far as he could in the other before his death.
        Really good piece.
        j.

        • hello dearest Jacob I do my best and it is hard to let go of regret but I ask forgiveness and I do try to focus on being positive thank you for your thoughts on this❤

      • I really appreciate an honest piece like this. The inner monologue was captivating. Thanks for sharing it.

        • thank you graciously dearest poet I often do that I’m happy it worked for you ❤️

    • Load More Posts

    My Friends

    Profile Photo
    Willow
    @windbournewhispers
    Profile Photo
    AnnaM44
    @annamarie44
    Profile Photo
    CasketSharpe
    @casketsharpe
    Profile Photo
    Bat Powers
    @batpowers
    Profile Photo
    Ghosteen
    @ghosteen

    Groups

    Group logo of Unsung Underground
    Unsung Underground
    Private Group
    Group logo of Published Authors
    Published Authors
    Public Group

    My Recent Posts

    Am Not

    Closing Door

    Location

    Wollongong

    New Report

    Close