Profile Photo

Backdeckbenny (Peter)Offline

    • Profile picture of emmagreen

      emmagreen wrote a new post

      Reveries

      Cluttered with memories of almost too much, my world is mine and - happy, happy!     I well remember your body making shadows on the wall, fingers playing ivories towards my laughter.  Strange man you but wonderful: such a...

      Read More
      6 Comments
      • It reads like whirlwind romance tangled up in finer details. “Fingers playing ivories towards my laughter” carries a poetic notion within the telling of story and fantastic reality. He’s a lucky man to have you and you’re lucky to have this strange man in return! Compellingly positive….

        • What a generous and understanding review, Benjamin Scraps. Thank you so very much. I was quite pleased with the quote you mention!

      • Joy,
        You know, live wears many different costumes, and is a quick-change artist, too. In the sensory overload of 21st century life, it seems an impossibility to stop long enough to see anything, really. When was the last time you knew of a new “painted lady house?” No, todays houses are all little boxes because no one has the time for beauty, any more.
        Vol

        • Vol, many thanks for your detailed response, it is much appreciated. I love butterflies, consequently provide for them and winged everything, best as possibly can. Have added cool areas virtually N.S.E and West on my land. As a garden designer and keen environmentalist, I aim to protect rather than harm or hurt any living creature.

      • It is refreshing to see new “voices” in here. Yours is quite entertaining and I like how it isn’t routine anything. I read a few of your writes, to get an idea of what the author is about. You’re top notch.

      • Many thank yous for such a generous review, truly mean that. Must admit, I write as I think – randomly! Obviously a little editing is done but probably not enough – but I try.

        The topnotch will do very nicely and is much appreciated. But, the pressure’s on now!!! 🙂

    • Profile picture of Fia Naturie

      Fia Naturie wrote a new post

      Broken Hearted Pen

      When days are punctuated with a swirl of a penAnd breaths are held waitingfor the moment that thoughtand reality becomes one    Somewhere in my twilight mindWords were written and sentOn wings translucent and etherealSummoning you to me   You never answerAs I...

      Read More
      10 Comments
      • I have done a fair amount of cursing in my day, Fia.
        But the muse turns a blind ear.
        j.

      • Sometimes it feels like certain people are drawn into your life for different reasons, not always for communication or connection, but for maybe even deeper philosophical meanings than even those can provide (I recommend all the Stoics, of course) It always pays to patient…and observant. Good form and thoughtfulness.

      • Brilliantly penned, Fia. Always dig your musings my friend. Appreciate you, cuz.

        Damian

      • Thank you ;))

      • A very striking and succinct piece. A fire burns in these verses.
        Regards James

      • Your writing always conveys your emotions very precisely, emotionally. I mean this: many thanks for sharing what appear to be deep, deep feelings. Can only hope that time will lessen the pain felt as soon as can, Fia.

    • Profile picture of Amethyste

      Amethyste wrote a new post

      Weird

      was there;It was weird;Contained in wallsAnd hollows;I walked there once;It was weird;

      Read More
      2 Comments
    • Profile picture of CasketSharpe

      CasketSharpe wrote a new post

      (Motherfucka Season) Evil Snowman XIII

                   “A foul mouth bitch is worse than a car wreckThat’s why a fist or a dick sometimes need to put them in check,            “Disrespect in any form a motherfucka can never let rideSo like an icy street that...

      Read More
    • Profile picture of Ghosteen

      Ghosteen wrote a new post

      from - The Psalm Breeze

      There is a Cheyenne word for the act  of preparing the mouth to speak  like the moment cloud guts open  above plains, before damnation floods    Hinged, beneath the softest decibels  Alzheimer smiles prevented our lips from moving    Our hearts stopped for  one thousandth of a second,  sisters...

      Read More
      2 Comments
      • A haunting, beautifully layered meditation on loss, memory, and ritual. The imagery is vivid and intimate, moving effortlessly between grief, remembrance, and fleeting moments of connection. The poem lingers like smoke, both tender and unflinching.

        • I genuflect to the beautiful reply and inherent kindness. Heartfelt thanks Roma. Never really been able to articulate losing them in the same week. There was a joint funeral and I was tasked with supplying the epitaph and music. They travelled to ash to the disco thrum of Abba! Mum would have loved that.

    • Load More Posts

    My Friends

    Profile Photo
    Willow
    @windbournewhispers
    Profile Photo
    AnnaM44
    @annamarie44
    Profile Photo
    CasketSharpe
    @casketsharpe
    Profile Photo
    Bat Powers
    @batpowers
    Profile Photo
    Ghosteen
    @ghosteen

    Groups

    Group logo of Unsung Underground
    Unsung Underground
    Private Group
    Group logo of Published Authors
    Published Authors
    Public Group

    My Recent Posts

    Am Not

    Closing Door

    Location

    Wollongong

    New Report

    Close