• Profile picture of I_IS_ ME

    I_IS_ ME wrote a new post

    Butcher's Block

    I took the help wanted sign away as I entered the doors No one noticed me locking the doors to the grocery store The manager was found and I assured him that I was over qualified The job was...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • To us the perfect Halloween piece, and thanks for remembering Lady

    • From the title I connected your poem to writer’s block. I was like: thats interesting. I wonder what is Butcher’s block is like. Reading it reminded me somehow of Joe Goldberg from the series You. I enjoyed reading your poem. The ending was satisfying too. Lol

    • Yes you was the inspiration to this piece, and thank you Lady

  • Profile picture of I_IS_ ME

    I_IS_ ME wrote a new post

    Punch Drunk

    Woke up coughing for whatever reason I can't get up Each eyelid seems to weigh a ton, what the fuck There seems to be a fallen building right on top of me My breathing is painful, labored, and my...

    Read More
    3 Comments
  • Profile picture of I_IS_ ME

    I_IS_ ME wrote a new post

    Reveling

      I watched Faces Of Death and called home, homesickTantalizing dreams of mutilating a body with an ice pickAdding arsenic to my drink to make my shake real thickRemembering escaping Satan's table took the ultimate trick I had to die to...

    Read More
    1 Comment
    • Now that is indeed a compliment that we wish to live up to. . We don’t try to please everyone with our writing it’s a release for self and maybe a few will relate. We truly appreciate that you read and enjoyed the piece, Thanks Lady

  • Profile picture of I_IS_ ME

    I_IS_ ME wrote a new post

    Odds And Ends

    This one fought a good fight but it was for naught I must make sure she realizes she's been caught While dragging her down into the cellar, every step must be felt The spirit of this one says that...

    Read More
    3 Comments
    • Whaa.. you couldn’t figure out who it was? You wanted another round it seems.

    • In a certain frame of mind you don’t want to name your prey as you would a house pet. Some readers may not be able to tell te difference between women we sleep with in real life and women we don’t because we refer to them all as friends. We were taught very young to disassociate sex with love. If it applies to love ten to a young it may apply to all emotions. Tanks Lady.

  • Profile picture of Willow

    Willow wrote a new post

    Ink Therapy

    I trap memories in versescribbling in my sleepetching them so deeply...they become permanent marksfading slowly over time...leaving beautiful scars it's a medication...needed to survive{pre}scribed for internal healingit comes with no deadening propertiesno sedatives...but it's my personal narcotic I won't deny the...

    Read More
    15 Comments
    • I second this addiction. I feel lost and unfocused if I do not write.

    • I third this addiction.

      I love the written word..mine and others.

      Great write,right,rite,wright….lol

    • Very relatable Willow. Thank you for sharing 💕

    • Brilliantly penned, Willow. Into the book it belongs! Infectious vibe your words and the musical arrangement my friend. It’s the one addiction that I feed and I refuse to kick. You summed it up well as you always do. Loved this one Willow. Excellent work. Appreciate you.

      Damian

      • I think this addiction is more healing than harming. It’s how we clear headspace and reset. About whatever is naggin’ the noggin. I knew you would feel this one too. Thank you, my friend

    • You express perfectly what most of us here feel, dear Willow! It’s the same with me – I scream, weep, bleed and laugh my soul onto the paper.

      • We are a special breed. I’m just glad we have a little safety bubble here. Thank you, Elke

    • It’s horrific, that ‘silent scream’, the self-reflection not seen in the mirror, the expression held inside. I hear your pen, Willow. It’s LOUD!!! But I welcome it. Let the ink flow, make Rorschach’s of rage across the page. Just know, you are seen!

      Curt

      • As long as I’m “screaming,” no need to worry. If I suddenly stop…check for a pulse. Thank you, Curt

    • I don’t run the pen. It runs me, girl. As Shrek said…Better out than in. Excise the wounds so they can heal clean. Thank you, girl. You wield a mighty pen yourself

    • Thank you, Thomas

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Usha
@usha-mekala2021gmail-com
Profile Photo
Atticus Abbey
@bonjour
Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
Aldo Kraas
@poetaldo256
Profile Photo
Curly Grace
@curlygrace

Groups

My Recent Posts

The Man in the Room

The Gift of Chaos

Location

Iowa

New Report

Close