• Profile picture of Knight

    Knight wrote a new post

    Between the Wolf and the Waves

    White wolves, with white eyes, in white coats Chase us across fields of burning grain Under moonless starless night Towards black mountain waves Lit by lightning Between the wolf and the sea   The jaws and swells turn to memory Turn to bones To be stacked in the...

    Read More
    6 Comments
  • My Dreamscape

    My dreamscape scenery really varies.Sometimes I get nightmares.And other nights not. Sometimes I get peaceful dreams.And I see magical beings.Romantic ballroom dances. Marriage with kids.Then alien invasion.Or everything my mind goes through and sees. Sometimes I could dream of a peaceful grass...

    Read More
  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    Dead Poet

    © 2026  Dead Poet   dirty crimson winterpoet takes an icy lane   more slippery than most   greybound skies soon splinterwith the echoes of her pain   the screaming of her ghost   we  could only watch thismany miles from where she lay ...

    Read More
    17 Comments
    • This is a beautiful tribute, and I will follow your lead and write one in honor of her.

    • I’m sure Renee would approve of any kind word through verse from another poet. Nice tribute.

    • I think I see the changes. It’s a beautiful, yet powerful poem.

      • Thank you, Tim. I must say, with all that’s happening, I am exhausted. That’s not a complaint, just the effect of all this on my mind as much as my body; I’m getting too old to be even a word warrior, especially when I must be concerned for the safety of my family. I’ve been to several protests here in Austin, though it’s hard to get around even with a battery powered wheelchair. I don’t relish doing that when ice (water ice) comes to cover streets and sidewalks. And yes, that does happen here — snow sometimes, too. But ice of any kind is not welcome here. With Texas having a very large border that is NOT fenced off, and our very large migrant community, it’s a bit odd we’ve not been swamped by ICE or Border Control. But then, we’ve got a Republican governor. However, that may change soon, I think. And then what?

        • Getting old is no fun. I’m sorry to hear you’re confined to a wheel chair. That can’t be easy. As I’m getting older my eyes aren’t as good as they used to be, and these aches and pains in my feet are no fun either. I have this weird feeling like Trump is not going to finish his term. We’ll see if I’m right.

          • You are not the first to suggest Trump may not finish his lterm. . Not only have I heard that by some one else, I’ve said it, too. He’s one year older than me, and surely under much more stress., so it wouldn’t surprise me if he doesn’t finish the job.

            And I’m not confined to a wheelchair, But I can’t be on my feet for more than about three minutes, max, so I have the wheelchair. It helps a lot.

    • Great tribute dude, as we said this is just starting here in America. There is more than two more years of of rights lost, invasions, and lies. Prepare

    • I felt the need to honor her myself this morning. I’m glad to see you arrived first. When they’ve silenced a poet, we must step up and carry on. I am…overwhelmed by the atrocity. And bracing myself for what’s to come from the hit squad next. Beautiful memorial

    • Cold, stark, and unforgiving—this grips the chest and won’t let go. You feel the frost, the loss, the helplessness. A bleak landscape carved from grief. Raw, precise, and brutal.

      • Thank you, Thomas. I didn’t even know you were here. I’m just now preparing to do an audio version and will ost it in the Spoken Word category when I’m finished.

  • Profile picture of Crimsin

    Crimsin wrote a new post

    metal

    the excellence of cathartic chaos never fails, I'm amazedit is a needed releasegiven a wide berth I let go of my anxietywith a compulsion for cringethe need to shift, things compelmy morose feelings became combustible, rising to the surfacereal...

    Read More
    8 Comments
  • Profile picture of Amethyste

    Amethyste changed their profile picture

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
NAVINA
@nancy-rdz-stories
Profile Photo
Benjamin Scraps
@bennyscraps
Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose

My Recent Posts

I am sat in my ways

Let see how it goes

Location

Toronto CANADA

Phone

6476124245

New Report

Close