Profile Photo

PAR (Paulo Acácio Ramos)Offline

    • Profile picture of Backdeckbenny (Peter)

      Backdeckbenny (Peter) wrote a new post

      love

      After darkness comes light.After light, darkness again.This is the way of things.Cold turns hot,hot turns cold.This is the way of things.All that arisesfades, collapses,and is taken up againin another form.Can hate turn to love?Yes.But how?Our brains are not written...

      Read More
      6 Comments
      • hello dearest Benny lines are drawn and free speech is dangerous these days where if the tolerance and love for each other well said❤

      • If we find the root. Yes, easier said than done. I believe many prejudices we may hold come from our parents.
        We are not born with them. Kids play with other kids, all other kids. And then later on as they grow older, they see and copy.
        Can we ever go back to that innocence? that acceptance of everyone who is different from us?
        I believe in this poem. And if we can figure it all out, maybe we can first understand ourselves and then understand and accept others. This poem sent me on a journey of introspection. Thank you.
        j.

      • This is a very powerful and meaningful writing, dear Peterl!
        In my opinion, love and hatred, darkness and light and other counterparts are the two sides of the same coin. Without darkness we were not able to recognize and appreciate the light. Both sides come from the same divine source and are equally important. But it is up to us which side we want to feed energy and establish it this way. We have to BE the love and the peace we want to see in this world!

    • Profile picture of Daniel Long

      Daniel Long wrote a new post

      Your Eyes

      Stars constant, as winks, in wine glasses. 

      Read More
    • Profile picture of Daniel Long

      Daniel Long wrote a new post

      Still Waiting

      Still waiting for hope to tap me on the shoulder.   Still waiting for something to whisper into my ear.   Still, nothing as such! I am alone and I hate it!   I’m waiting for you to turn me around   and scream that you’re here! And...

      Read More
      1 Comment
      • Fantastic piece. I can relate to this; I appreciate the feelings you have captured here.

    • Profile picture of Daniel Long

      Daniel Long wrote a new post

      Hand In Hand

      In the end, all that matters is that we still have each other.   All the material things, are just that… things.   If I can walk hand in hand with you into the sunset of our lives,   that would be most special and...

      Read More
      1 Comment
      • Beautiful words. Let’s keep looking for that hand to join.

    • Profile picture of Fia Naturie

      Fia Naturie wrote a new post

      The Bourbon Shot

      Sitting there watching my friends waiting for the next story. I couldn't help a smile that flitted across my face.“Okay, what was that? You just gave a quick smile, thinking I don't watch you, girl. Fess up.” Joni said...

      Read More
      2 Comments
      • Just love this series. I love how you keep me the reader fascinated as the dialogue unfolds with twists and turns. And the brilliant ending with JH the professor being a boxer and the JH standing for Jekyll and Hyde really made the tale into a fascinating character development of hte professor. The dialogue reads so natural with surprises at every turn.

        John

    • Load More Posts

    My Friends

    Profile Photo
    AnnaM44
    @annamarie44
    Profile Photo
    Atticus Abbey
    @bonjour
    Profile Photo
    Bat Powers
    @batpowers
    Profile Photo
    M.E
    @mustapha
    Profile Photo
    Aldo Kraas
    @poetaldo256

    Groups

    Group logo of National Poetry Month
    National Poetry Month
    Public Group
    Group logo of News and Suggestions
    News and Suggestions
    Public Group
    Group logo of Published Authors
    Published Authors
    Public Group

    My Recent Posts

    Location

    Portugal

    New Report

    Close