-
Nick DC wrote a new post
7 Comments-
-
I wrote the original many years ago. I think I was just wanting to write more inspirational poetry. Though with this one I wrote it and didn’t really like it, then I reworked it and released it on DUP, still didn’t like it. I reworked it again now and I kinda like it haha.
I always feel blessed to see you my friend. Many hugs for you 🤗 🤗 🤗
-
Dammit, I wish I could bookmark this! From beginning to end, you had me. This one is deep. Life takes bites outta our ass everyday. To be able to recognize it’s easier as a collective…it’s huge. Community is the gold we actually need
-
This is like Beat Poetry. Inspirational and powerful. There are so many amazing lines. I love this one..
“always looking for forgiveness
finding out no one’s hands are clean
in this red room we call life”Everyone is on the same playing field and no one’s voice should be more important than your own.
-
-
Nick DC wrote a new post
7 Comments-
Powerfully penned, Nick. There is a burden to always being truthful, and caring enough to want the world to do better. It’s that we open up our hopeful expectations to possible and sometimes certain disappointment. Hang in there my friend. I felt this write. Appreciate you.
Damian
-
Ooof, this is like looking in a mirror. It took me far longer than I like to contemplate to figure out what you’re saying here. 🙌
-
I like the empathy you mention, the understanding that everyone is entitled to their opinion because experiences are different. We so rarely consider that there is universal truth, and then there are the personal truths as unique as the people who own them.
-
Truth is truth. But it isn’t always right for individual situations. And people are more than willing to look away from others suffering in order to feed their needs and greeds. Not that it’s right or wrong. Because at the end of the day we’re all trying to protect ourselves. And that’s how I look at different opinions. There is a universal truth and then there’s the convenient truth we tell ourselves.
Thanks for the read
-
-
-
Drieks wrote a new post
6 Comments -
Fia Naturie wrote a new post
12 Comments-
-
Beautifully penned, Fia. You always know how to kick off a Friday, my friend. Appreciate you.
Damian
-
-
-
Fridays represent freedom, in my opinion. As one who observes the Sabbath, by Friday an hour or two before sunset, all my electronics (phone, laptop) are off. I am unreachable all of Friday night through Saturday evening, and that freedom is intoxicating. All I do for those hours is spend time catching up with family and friends, pray, and enjoy homecooked food that I made with my family. Conversely, Friday nights also mean a chance to care for oneself – whether going out and getting your groove on or staying home in pjs and Netflix. I do like this a lot, as it leaves ample room for personal interpretation. <3 Echo
-
Fridays are for fucking. It’s just that simple. Someone frequently comes in from Tuscaloosa – and it’s on. There’s the rest of the weekend to recover… maybe.
-
-
Thomas W. Case wrote a new post
9 Comments-
-
-
I love the vague references and allusions, the metaphorical array of madness and symbolism. You can certainly feel the missteps and empathize with the devastation. As with all good poetry, I can read this in several different ways.
It’s a piece that keeps calling you back, Thomas… like a final glance behind you at a beautiful woman passing by.
-
- Load More Posts
My Friends
thoughtsdie
@thoughtsdie
Detritus
@detritus
Damian DeadLove
@damiandeadlove
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Visions_of_Insanity
@insanevisions
Groups
Published Authors
Public Group
My Recent Posts

Whisky Alpha Romeo UT19
- September 27, 2026

The Screaming UT18
- September 22, 2026







Powerfully penned, Nick. Trying to find hope in a valley of despair, I’ve been there my friend. Appreciate you.
Damian