-
Nick DC wrote a new post
3 Comments-
-
I think keeping a bit of innocence can help guide us. I’ve lost family members and friends who all have similar stories. When they were younger they got into bad habits. Kept pushing it, convincing themselves they were invisible. And then they became a mess until they died. I also remind myself that I could of ended up that way if I didn’t make better choices.
Thanks for the read, friend.
-
-
Drieks wrote a new post
6 Comments-
G’morning, Drieks 🌤️
What a creative title, and that photo choice (with your pen name attractively laid) is sheer eye candy, perfectly setting the ambient mood for what’s to come.
“To hell with the common.
I lost interest to follow the herd,
please sell me to the devil i’m about to summon.”Sometimes, nothing much appears to be what it seems … so, why not throw caution to the wind, live it wild ‘n free, the way so many would love to be!
I truly admire your creative metaphors – with their vibrantly-vivid, emotive impact, and what conscientious poetess or poet could help but admire your spot-on line-breaks, the way you’ve utilized soft and exact rhymes to set rhythm and hold the reader’s interest with fascinating imagery throughout … obviously, NOT your first poetic rodeo.
How relatably beautiful your pen’s voice speaks to the captive mind’s-eye, Drieks.
Wondrously shared, Dear Poetess! ⁓ Richard🖌️-
Hello Richard,
Thank you so much for your beautifully worded response to my poem.
It truly brings warmth to my heart.I hope to be just as talented in using the English language as you are one day!
Again, thank you Richard.
-
-
The metaphor of “Indiana Jones-ing” through depression is brilliant, painting the struggle as a reckless adventure where survival is uncertain. The imagery of webs, eight-legged freaks, and sanity creaking creates a vivid sense of entrapment of a mind pushed to its limits. What stands out the most is the refusal to conform, the rejection of the common, the questioning of perfection. It’s a voice screaming against expectation, demanding to be understood rather than advised.
-
Fia Naturie wrote a new post
2 Comments -
Drieks wrote a new post
3 Comments-
I like how you repeat that couplet at the end. It wraps everything up in a neat package. This is a really cool piece with sociopathic undertones which catch my attention. I love an unreliable narrator. I love an evil genius. A lot of women do… the bad boy syndrome. Boys grow up to be devils. And girls… well, sometimes we invite them in.
Nice piece!
-
Damian DeadLove wrote a new post
10 Comments-
-
-
Ya know, I would love to sit down one day with a cup of coffee, a cat & a fire just to read your entire collection. You never…not once…disappoint, my friend
-
-
-
- Load More Posts
My Friends
thoughtsdie
@thoughtsdie
Detritus
@detritus
Damian DeadLove
@damiandeadlove
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Visions_of_Insanity
@insanevisions
Groups
Published Authors
Public Group
My Recent Posts

Whisky Alpha Romeo UT19
- September 27, 2026

The Screaming UT18
- September 22, 2026






Powerfully penned, Nick. This was an incredible write my friend. I can relate. Appreciate you.
Damian