• can you see it?

    Peer inside each living cellSuffering blooms 'tween Heaven and HellTiny engines work unseen Amid the pulse of Gods machine.

    Read More
    3 Comments
  • Face It

    I can’t hide from suffering.Can’t outrun it.Out-drink it.Out-shag it.Out-anything it.So what’s left?One thing.One frightening, heroic thingFace it.Yeah, it might kill me.Drive me mad.Turn me into a drunk or a nympho.But it’s doing that anyway.One thought.One day at a time.Terrible...

    Read More
    2 Comments
  • Profile picture of Broom

    Broom and Profile picture of Paula JobiPaula Jobi are now friends

    Profile Photo
    Broom
    @broom
  • platitude people

    “You’re a long time dead,” they say.“Sow your wild oats,” they say.“Live today like it’s your last,” they say.“You only live once,” they say.“Throw caution to the wind,” they say.“Go chase those dreams,” they say.“Adventure is worthwhile,” they say.“Take...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • I sincerely wish the bookmark worked for me, but try as I might it doesn’t. This will be permanently bookmarked in my mind though

      • Thanks for reading and the compliment.
        The Bookmark feature works but not as it should.The Bookmarks are only being stored in your Browser history and when you clear your history you also clear your bookmarks….just saying.💋

    • hello dearest Benny I guess I love our terrible creator because he is terrible like me of me like him…he never leaves me alone though the godly people abandones me right away… you can only do your best and life isn’t a fairy tale I get it with the memories 💕 great write…

    • I wouldn’t mind if we did away with platitudes altogether. It’s entirely too easy for people to quote one of them at you without really thinking of any sort of meaningful response that might better fit the situation.

    • “Love & light” or “positive vibes only” also come to mind. Toxic positivity is a real issue….people have to be able to grieve, to get frustrated and angry and complain on occasion. These are unpleasant things that all humans must experience.

      One of my least favorite to hear is “be yourself”, which too often means “confirm my biased opinions of you”.

  • Heroine

    She's not my role model but she is my hero.She cooks and cleans and works and meets with friends and family and organizes everything.She goes above and beyond and sacrifices sleep and rest to keep the family machine moving.She...

    Read More
    4 Comments
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
D. Ignatov
@ignatov
Profile Photo
Betty
@betty
Profile Photo
Broom
@broom
Profile Photo
Backdeckbenny (Peter)
@backdeckbenny

My Recent Posts

Soul

RESPITE

New Report

Close