• Profile picture of DampKitten

    DampKitten and Profile picture of JusTimJusTim are now friends

    Profile Photo
    DampKitten
    @dampkitten
  • Profile picture of Backdeckbenny (Peter)

    Backdeckbenny (Peter) wrote a new post

    candy and satellites

    You want chocolate,cake, lollies,sweet on your tongue,you miss themand need themwhen they’re gone.I want your touch.No substitute.When I go without,I crave it hard,just like youand your chocolate.You can go to the shop for chocolate.For me you are the shop.😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘I...

    Read More
    7 Comments
    • a very passionate plea that moved me deeply🌹

    • I crave chocolate, and I used to crave the warmth of a body beside me. These days in my older age…the chocolate sates, and the memories of the warm bodies must suffice.
      I really like the analogy drawn here.
      j.

    • love your words…and I love the cosmos, where your lover may reside… i taste the chocolate, because you made it seem so real… much sensuality here and delicious vivid images!!!!
      Warmly, B

    • She’s your shop…That is beautiful.
      That last stanza has so much feeling to it. Lovely Peter

    • Wonderfully a d honestly penned. I feel the ache of your words…I know them.

    • Thanks fellow writers for your kind words
      🙏

  • Profile picture of Backdeckbenny (Peter)

    Backdeckbenny (Peter) wrote a new post

    make me an offer

    I offer myself to you twice a day,at morning’s opening, at night’s soft closure an endless vow that neither time nor agecan strip away.I know the reasons you reject my offer:weariness dragging, desire gone quiet,the body’s shifting tides,the cooling...

    Read More
    2 Comments
  • Profile picture of Backdeckbenny (Peter)

    Backdeckbenny (Peter) wrote a new post

    love

    After darkness comes light.After light, darkness again.This is the way of things.Cold turns hot,hot turns cold.This is the way of things.All that arisesfades, collapses,and is taken up againin another form.Can hate turn to love?Yes.But how?Our brains are not written...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • hello dearest Benny lines are drawn and free speech is dangerous these days where if the tolerance and love for each other well said❤

    • If we find the root. Yes, easier said than done. I believe many prejudices we may hold come from our parents.
      We are not born with them. Kids play with other kids, all other kids. And then later on as they grow older, they see and copy.
      Can we ever go back to that innocence? that acceptance of everyone who is different from us?
      I believe in this poem. And if we can figure it all out, maybe we can first understand ourselves and then understand and accept others. This poem sent me on a journey of introspection. Thank you.
      j.

    • This is a very powerful and meaningful writing, dear Peterl!
      In my opinion, love and hatred, darkness and light and other counterparts are the two sides of the same coin. Without darkness we were not able to recognize and appreciate the light. Both sides come from the same divine source and are equally important. But it is up to us which side we want to feed energy and establish it this way. We have to BE the love and the peace we want to see in this world!

  • Profile picture of Broom

    Broom wrote a new post

    The Result of Never

    Written by J.DoucetteCopyright © September 2025 All rights reserved.The Result of Never:Life didn’t pauseIt didn’t warn meIt just shifted—and suddenly,there you wereI blinkedI gaspedno way… is this real?YesIt wasfor both of usIn that oneundeniable moment—it wasbut it takes workmutual...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • “where your eyes almost met my soul so many great lines here I can feel your pain lovely lady hugs 💕

    • Powerfully penned, Jackie. Pulls at my heartstrings, amazing write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • A very intense piece.

      So much brooding. I hear you.

      Regards
      James

    • Quite beautiful. Love always takes work, but perhaps not so much.
      Touching words dear.

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
D. Ignatov
@ignatov
Profile Photo
Betty
@betty
Profile Photo
Broom
@broom
Profile Photo
Backdeckbenny (Peter)
@backdeckbenny

My Recent Posts

Soul

RESPITE

New Report

Close