• Old Love (second thoughts)

    Old LoveIt’s well I know of lonely nights …these ever longer days.Each time my lover's strayed-awayand I'm the one who stays.Lost rivers from my many tears …then, flowed to sorrow's seas,with plaintive, soft-sent sighs to thee,beseeching on bare knees.Too...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • Oh-NO, Adira! 🥀🐝

      If your sweet face should not appear upon my page,
      I would feel a cold place in my heart …
      and, ne’er again I’d be warmed from your passion’s rage;
      nor, will soft words, my sad pen impart.

      Ah, Dear Lady-Poet, you’ve, indeed, a cleverly smooth voice, to so cunningly tease a bard and praise his humble little efforts with such feminine allure … your words, though brief, say much.

      Besides, I’ve read your delightfully delicious poetry, too, ya know!
      Thank you ever-so gratefully, Adira, for enticing my cloudy day to smile! ⁓ Rascal 🤗

    • Beautiful ink. Thank you for sharing.

    • Greetings, Drieks 🌻

      It is a privilege and pleasure for you to share my humble poetic offering, and a distinct joy to receive your graciously encouraging compliment and expressed gratitude.

      With warmest blessings! ⁓ Rascal🌿

    • FANTABULOUS!!!
      You are KILLING IT. Sooo Gorgeous and erogenously complex. This piece has everything in the way of poetic element… the consonance, the alliteration, enjambment, and meter. I’m particularly captivated by this amazing stanza:

      “Comes ever to my waiting hope,
      unanswered, echoed calls …
      there’s no relent to this dire need;
      too sad, each tear that falls.”

      The piece is the personification of wailing need and disappointment.

  • Each night, for Only You.... (English Sonnet)

    Each night, for Only You....-————————————-~**~-————————————-Each night, for only You my passion’s rise,'midst such enthralling dreams born from delight.Light softly shimmers from bewitching eyes,whose melting glances thrilled me at first sight.With night's dark shadows dancing all around,there, on your gentle...

    Read More
    5 Comments
    • This is a truly seductive write. enjoyed this.

    • You’re going to seduce all the women on this site if you keep it up, Richard. What the hell are you going to do with all of us? We can’t all fit in your fucking shower.

      I love a man who can write a Sonnet.

      • Hmmm, Dear Lady-Poet 🤔

        A conundrum, M’Dear, if ever there was … but, as vibrantly imaginable as that cozy scenario is, imagination compels a creative bard to queue them all and admit 2-3 at a time; or, spend the coin for a bigger shower. I mean, anything to avoid leaving anyone out … LOL! I do like that title, though … “fucking” shower – ohhh-MY!

        To be loved by You for any reason extends far beyond any response my humble words could justly reach.
        Bless your darling heart … I’m thinking, “More sonnets!” ⁓ Rascal🖌

    • Oh-MY, right back at you, Sweet Adira!🤗

      What better for a hopeful Bard than to receive the glowingly sensual approval of such a lusty femme fatale? This, I cannot answer. ; )

      Aw, give those guys a chance … they feel the same, I’m sure, with You there to compel their fervorous blood to flow … even if the caresses of their words might not as vibrantly kiss your yearnings’ ache.

      Ohhh-YES, Dear Poetess, repeats are always warmly welcome! ⁓ Rascal🖌

  • Softly ~ in my dreams (Kyrielle)

    Softly ~ in my dreams...•___________________________..·˜*|*˜·..___________________________::•Days turn to pain I cannot show,nights into ever-endless streams.Reaching to find I'm lonely; though,I’ll hold you Softly ~ in my dreams.:My days, now empty without you,to nights, no peace will come, it seems;your touch I ache the long...

    Read More
    4 Comments
  • How you'll know I Love You (sonnet doublet)

    Here's one pulled from the shelf and dusted-off I thought our onsite romantics might enjoy. It may be too long for some … you decide.INTRO: In as much that I knew this piece would be about love, the decision...

    Read More
    3 Comments
    • Ohhh, Dear Lady 🥀

      You must keep mindful, waiting at that window ~ whispers light certain kinds of flames, you know.
      So sweet, your efulgent encouragements, Adira; surely, a humble bard (such as I) would never expect to outshine those many grateful fellows in your life who’ve come to adore you … I’m sooo pleasantly, sooo sumptuously surprised!
      Love your beguiling sense-of-humor, and your most lovely compliment. ; )

      Thank you ever-so warmly, Adira! ⁓ Richard🖌

    • I have to tell you, Richard, I feel like I’ve been driven to your castle in horse and carriage, ushered out into a flourishing rose garden, and wisped up into your arms bridal style over the threshold. Take me to your bedroom and the balcony that overlooks your domain. Carry me up the winding staircase and lay me on fresh linens. Strip me naked in your ravishing furry. Take me, Richard… not as a king takes his queen, but as he takes his young mistress during a heated fit of passion inside the dark, hidden chambers where her shrill cries of mating remain dampened. Read me your sonnets when I’m strewn across your bed, obliterated. Let the finches build their nests while you play in mine. Kiss my rose and everything you see. That’s how I’ll know that you love me.

      • Goodness, DK 😳

        Your graciously gorgeous review rivals my Sonnets in its compellingly fervent bliss, in wantoned kiss, for it’s all THIS ‘n more, but that’s what loving’s for … oh-MY!

        Loving you’s what poetry was invented for … now, to make it fit the page without burning down the site!🔥
        I’ve received reviews, and Reviews; yet, it’s hard to ever recall a REVIEW such as THIS!

        With a weak-kneed, melted into my socks … grateful thanks, Dear Poetess! ⁓ Rascal🖌

  • Profile picture of Sappho (Elke)

    Sappho (Elke) wrote a new post

    Fragments of Memories

    Fragments of Memories From the left to the rightFrom the right to the leftIn the rhythm of a pendulum The old man looks straight aheadHe has forgotten who and where he isSometimes the veil of dementia lifts Revealing fragments of memories From...

    Read More
    11 Comments
    • Beautifully written achingly sad.

      Good work Elke

    • Deep dive with a hit. Powerful. 🌼

    • Yeah, losing one’s mind must be horrible! The number of people suffering from dementia is increasing, and I think the reason is not only the higher life expectancy nowadays but also depleted soils and incorrect nutrition.
      As always, thanks a lot for your feedback dear Keith!

    • The world must seem a terrifying & surreal place when the mind drifts in & out of presence. This one aches

      • Yes, Willow, this is certainly terrifying. And there are different clinical pictures of dementia. I think the worst is the one you consciously know that you are suffering from dementia but there is nothing you can do against it…
        Thank you very much for your meaningful comment!

    • Beautifully aching. The suffering of the mind, suicide as a means of escape from that sorrow, and the ending was a good punch to the reader!

      Daniel

      • Life itself often tells the most tragic stories. I simply had to write a poem on this heartbreaking case.
        Lots of thanks for your kind comment, Daniel!
        Great to meet you here again!

    • Yes, the topic is indeed disturbing but nevertheless it is important. More and more people have to or will have to deal with dementia.
      Thanks a lot for reading and commenting, Seacat!

    • Thank you so much for sharing your personal experiences and for writing your kind comment, Adira!

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose
Profile Photo
Curly Grace
@curlygrace
Profile Photo
Adelphina
@adelphina
Profile Photo
Rosie C
@rosie415

Location

Dallas

New Report

Close