-
RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS posted in the group ”BACK TO POETRY BASICS”
·~§~·························································
“DUE TO LITTLE INTEREST SHOWN,”
Sessions are on hold until further
notice; maybe, resuming this year.
Anyone interested, message me.I wish you all “HAPPIEST WRITING.”
·~§~·························································
-
Sappho (Elke) wrote a new post
11 Comments-
-
I have two books by David McCullough I’m reading now so I’m glad to see he said that. I’ve been a musician for over fifty years and started when I was very young. If I couldn’t write (which for the most part I can’t anyway lol) I’d be hitting a drum or playing guitar.
You did a good interview here, Elke. Nice job.
-
It’s interesting to get a glimpse of the authors behind their words. And, perhaps we find a few things in common that we didn’t predict prior, like their personal beliefs, even.
After all, we are not generic souls hashing out the same results. Diversity is strength, even when the tastes are not always agreeable.
Good job, Sappho! -
Amazing interview, Elke. Adagio is a great writer it was interesting to learn more about him. Appreciate you both.
Damian
-
-
Hoi hoi chère S., and chèr A.,
This is the 4th time I came back to the scene of the Rhyme, to be submerged in this ocean of beauty.
I’m no hero with alcohol, so I Raise my glass of chilled freshly squeezed orange juice.Cheers to the interviewer; cheers to the interviewee!
This one is a solid proof of what Roger McGough said:
Keep it simple
Let’s not take ourselves too seriously
And (this one I love the best):
All this talent is fine, but bring your empathyAlive and gigging – as far as I know he still performs – 88 years old.
This interview floored me with a deeply felt (or feld) human touch questioning. As well as simple but bulls eye answers.
Raise the flag and sound the trumpet.
I wave extra warmly to Sappho and to Atticus
-
-
Paula Jobi wrote a new post
3 Comments -
Sappho (Elke) wrote a new post
14 Comments-
-
-
-
Brilliantly penned, Elke. Excellent write my friend, it has a lyrical vibe to it. Nicely done. Appreciate you.
Damian
-
What a wonderful thing to read today. The routines of work life do indeed wear us down. Although I tend to daydream much of the day away. I usually have very busy days at work. But, I try to take little breaks to maintain my decent mood the best I can. Your write here is a great testament to how to deal with that.
Awesome result, Elke.-
Thank you so much for your kind comment, dear Styx! You are absolutely right, breaks are equally important as work. And daydreaming is by far more than an escape from reality. It can be a real fountain of creativity and inspiration . When you don’t wreck your brain was tasks and problems, you are mine is open to receive new ideas. This way, serendipity helped the most brilliant ideas to manifest in reality. Go on like this, it’s a great attitude!
-
-
You capture the grind and the small awakenings with quiet grit—the stone never stops, but neither does the heart.
The contrast between monotony and fleeting beauty lands like a soft punch; it lingers in the chest.
-
-
Adelphina wrote a new post
12 Comments-
I didn’t say you were wrong, punk! The proper name is “Paint Horse”. I agreed! But there are some who call it painted horse too. So perhaps that’s a lesser name or something. I just go by what I research, I don’t judge.LOL.
You’re saying I’m wrong just to build the drama on a slow night.
Dont make me bring the BaBoom! on ya!
Anyway, lover, your write…
Wonderfully dreamlike, even if in day. That “zone” that we settle in, for creative moments. It’s addictive to want to stay there half a day!
You described it well. And my dear, we are immortal for as long as we are around! What a blessing! -
I remember a certain dream you were telling me about today! Pillows were thrown! Hahaha
Yes, dreams can affect the awake state! I had to post!
And I am an avid dreamer honey. You know this too 🙂
Thank you for the snaps on my write!But honey you love my drama! Haha
You are a great sparring partner. It’s kind of addicting.
Your wit and words, I love it and you:)
Fixing to call ya in a bit. My iPad is fixing to die! -
-
This is a good piece. If I can go to bed as well and just fall into a dreamlife. That would be great.
-
Hi Fia!
Thank you. I’m so happy you enjoyed. I’ve always been curious about dreams. How our brains manage all of it while we are sleeping. Sometimes they feel so real and other times not so much. lol
It’s a great asset to be in tune with when it comes to writing. At least for me it is.
Thanks for stopping my Fia:). I’m not posting as much but I’m trying!
-
-
-
We’re aware of painted horse and through family of riders riding them not just to battle, but to the here after and into the dream realm. Your guardian into and our of the dreamweaver or afterlife. Great pieces lady with lots of imagery, we could see this, tight
-
Hey Meme!
I just felt like going there in this write. To kind of tap into the other side of sleeping. Dreams are fun. I don’t have many nightmares at all. Mostly weird stuff that makes me laugh when I wake up. Other times it is extraordinary and inspiring. I feel in order to be a writer we must dream. They go hand in hand.
Thanks for getting this write amigo. Glad you could see it.
That’s the whole point of writing for me:)
-
-
This is a fiesta of dreamlife that ascends into cloud realms of loving bliss. I just felt the total joy here that comes as you rest your head to sleep and dream. This is how the best dreams come and you expressed this with great virtuosity. Truly a fabulous poem.
John
-
- Load More Posts
My Friends
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Ellie
@wafflenose
Curly Grace
@curlygrace
Adelphina
@adelphina
Rosie C
@rosie415
Location
Dallas





Thank you, Elke. It’s not often that I speak of my privacy and I couldn’t care less how some perceive me. I am what I am, hitched to a higher being.