• Profile picture of Daniel Long

    Daniel Long wrote a new post

    My Poetic Knife

    Resting restlessly within the dark of its sheath,my poetic knife feels expressionless.When so, it wants to be drawnand plundered into the white of the page.Then it wants to cut through the emptinessand carve out beautiful metaphors.The blade will glint...

    Read More
    1 Comment
  • Profile picture of Daniel Long

    Daniel Long wrote a new post

    Voices In The Wilderness

    Just speak to meand you’ll gaze into thewilderness behind my eyes.This wilderness,lush in dreams,barren realities!As I open the gate for you,I sit and listen white-knuckledto the voices within my mind.The further you trek in my mind,the closer to summery...

    Read More
    1 Comment
    • Nice slide rhyme and repetition…

      Solid imagery in [pioneer’s compass]…

      I had a new idea for implementation
      of imagery…

      Do something like a Carlos Williams
      Red Barrel…

      Like just insert in…

      In a unique and strange way…

      Or do such a thing at multiple
      sites in the poem…

      Perhaps with multiple separate
      images…

  • Profile picture of Daniel Long

    Daniel Long wrote a new post

    Heaven Can Wait

    Heaven can wait…Death a distant thunderstormwith lightning strikes far offannouncing its distant presence.Suicide is not the answer.I do not want to hurtthose that show compassion.So, I’ve decided Heaven can wait.

    Read More
    2 Comments
  • Profile picture of Betty

    Betty and Profile picture of twofiftythreetwofiftythree are now friends

    Profile Photo
    Betty
    @betty
  • Everyday Thoughts

    Everyday becomes very familiar when a person retires. You get up,have breakfast,make beds,put out washing....you know the drill.   But the most familiar things aren't things I do but things I think.Here are just a few.   • All suffering is caused by craving.The...

    Read More
    Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    2 Comments
    • Peter
      My God, your name is so appropriate after reading that piece… sorry, I’m kind of crass at times… but I just wanted to say this sounds more like an every minute thought, not just every day. What happened to that ‘business’ you were attending after coffee?

      xoxoxo

    • That business after coffee remains unresolved 😉

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
JusTim
@justim
Profile Photo
Benjamin Scraps
@bennyscraps
Profile Photo
Lora
@lorajean8420
Profile Photo
Javalini
@javalini
Profile Photo
Ahavati (Tam)
@ahavati

Groups

My Recent Posts

Last Respects

Brief Disturbance

Location

Mississippi

New Report

Close