• Profile picture of Amethyste

    Amethyste wrote a new post

    Without you

    The world is a bit colderThe street a bit emptierWithout your voiceWithout your hand to hold.

    Read More
  • Profile picture of Daniel Long

    Daniel Long wrote a new post

    My Eyes Open

    My eyes open, to the imagined. My eyes closed, to the real.   My ears open, to hallucinations. My ears closed, to your voice.   My mouth open, to ramblings. My mouth closed, to anything sensical.   My hand open, once to yours. My hand closed, now to yours.

    Read More
    2 Comments
    • Indeed, everything changes. I would suspect, or at least in my own life, the choice to switch what I am perceiving is all interconnected.

    • Das ist ein sehr schönes Gedicht, Daniel! Ich kann mich absolut damit identifizieren.
      The use of opposites is the perfect stylistic device to underline the fact that in our dreams and illusions we are most alive! Brilliant!

  • Profile picture of Tim

    Tim wrote a new post

    A Lonely Figure in a Laundromat

    Among a low-pitched, hypnotizing hum of stainless steel washers and dryers, next to a dingy neon light, he sits in his usual pea-green plastic chair and waits. His grey hair and beard rub along the collar of his wrinkled...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • This is so sad, and I can feel how much he misses her. Even the everyday mundane things stray to thoughts of her. Very good story,

    • Well, now, this is just a butt-kicker. You set the scene brilliantly, then proceed to serve up dose after dose of sadness. I feel this poor guy’s pain, and want to buy him a beer or something. I didn’t know you had this kind of writing in you. Hopefully, there’s more.

    • Deep resonance of emotions here. Compelling literature that captures a night at the laundromat that is anything but ordinary. Original captivating and powerfully rendered. Your attention to detail of the scene and the character emotional response to the event unfolding before him is as touchingly developed as it is strong. Truly gifted prose writing.

      John

  • Profile picture of CasketSharpe

    CasketSharpe wrote a new post

    Not Available for Comment

                 “When I don’t deal with ho’s they look at me like a menaceGetting pissed off that I won’t let them get with this,            “Calling me gay and I’m a poster boy for homosexual dickNow they are gagging on...

    Read More
    2 Comments
    • I can feel the anger in this piece. You cannot escape the hell you create.

      • The funny thing is that the inspiration for this poem came from when the mailman didn’t put my package on my covered front porch and left it in the rain, after I talked to the motherfucker about it several times.

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
CasketSharpe
@casketsharpe
Profile Photo
CaseyJo
@caseyjo
Profile Photo
Atticus Abbey
@bonjour
Profile Photo
TreeMap
@penguinphile
Profile Photo
Logan Clark
@ganlo

Groups

My Recent Posts

Unbutton Me

Ledger of Shadows and Desire

New Report

Close