• Profile picture of Tim

    Tim wrote a new post

    A creepy cemetery stroll.

    Surrounded by tombstones and monuments, my co-worker and I trudged through the cemetery in six inches of fresh snow. She walked a hundred feet ahead of us. We'd never seen her before. She wore black: Black hat, black boots, black gloves,including...

    Read More
    15 Comments
    • Spooky, Tim.
      I do like this a lot. Reminds me of a song by Joan Baez called “Long Black Veil”–I imagine you can find it online.
      You give us the setting, providing atmosphere with your description.
      j.

    • I’ve heard the song in the past. It’s a good one and I believe it’s been covered by many others. Thanks for the comment, J. 🙂

    • I do love the ambience of graveyards Tim. A haunting tale which sent a little shiver up my spine. I also know the song Jacob refers to by Joan Baez. I am a huge fan of hers.

      Chris

      • Thanks for the comment, Chris. I’m glad you’re here.

    • Thank you. Struggling with navigating, but will take it slowly.

    • Hauntingly penned, Tim. Amazing storytelling my friend. Incredible write. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • This is a great and chilling story. The buildup is perfect, from the quiet snow to the sudden disappearance, and the detail of the hat on the monument is a fantastic touch.

      I may not know Eva Longstreet, but in life and now in death, she sure knows how to make an entrance and leave an impression.

      Great write Tim

    • Yes cemetery loved it (your poem ) but not necessarily the place !
      I’m not afraid of ghosts I know they exist. I feel they can’t hurt us

      Loved your descriptives of the mentioned Eva. Felt romantic almost! And I wonder if she was meeting her lover or someone a bit cold for a romp in the snow ⛄️

      Loved the write

      • Ha-ha Who knows what ghosts think when they’re roaming around Julie. Thanks so much for the comment. 🙂

    • Chilling words. There is excitement at the fear the graveyard evokes.

      Regards James

    • Hi Tim!

      We have a back building at work that is right beside a graveyard. There are always internet issues down there!
      We all believe it must be due to spiritual activity.
      But it sucks when the internet drops and you haven’t saved the file yet! Grrr

      This write is perfect for the season. Makes me want to try a ghost tour. lol

      • Thanks so much for the comment, Adel. And good luck on that tour. Perhaps you’ll run into a ghost or two. :0

  • Profile picture of Tim

    Tim wrote a new post

    A World Without Her

    A million times I've shed my tearsThough still her touch I miss.Without her death, we could have livedUnbridled in our bliss. Our future lives were seized by grief,I'm hostage now to pain.That jocund voice no longer sings,My pleas, I cry...

    Read More
    6 Comments
    • I felt this. I am sure she is there waiting.

    • Powerfully penned, Tim. Grabbed me by my heartstrings my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • This is a tender and heartbreaking piece.

      The rhythm and rhyme carry the weight of grief so gracefully, and the final stanza is especially powerful. offers such a moving sense of hope and reunion – it’s both sorrowful and comforting at the same time.

  • Profile picture of Christine Shaw (Chris)

    Christine Shaw (Chris) and Profile picture of TimTim are now friends

  • Profile picture of Ghosteen

    Ghosteen wrote a new post

    Astronaut, Swimming

    The International Space Station  witnesses 16 sunrises and 16 sunsets each day    A child throws watercolour shoals at the wall  awed by the beautiful carnage he created    One day he may read   a poem about butterflies  guillotined in thresher blades,   and think of this...

    Read More
    1 Comment
    • Ok “Porn of Butterflies?” That is funny.
      that last stanza that he drowned in her was my favorite

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
CasketSharpe
@casketsharpe
Profile Photo
CaseyJo
@caseyjo
Profile Photo
Atticus Abbey
@bonjour
Profile Photo
TreeMap
@penguinphile
Profile Photo
Logan Clark
@ganlo

Groups

My Recent Posts

Unbutton Me

Ledger of Shadows and Desire

New Report

Close