-
Poetic Gawdess wrote a new post
8 Comments-
-
Beautifully penned, P.G. I concur with everyone above, nicely done. Really good for a first try. Appreciate you.
Damian
-
-
ReggiePoet and
PoetsRevenge are now friends
-
JusTim and
PoetsRevenge are now friends
-
DampKitten and
PoetsRevenge are now friends
-
Damian DeadLove wrote a new post
8 Comments-
I remember that moment. And yeah, it is such a lose to the music industry with Eddie gone. It reminds me of something Doyle from the Misfits said. Something like the music industry is the only industry where people can’t get along to make millions of dollars.
Great ink
-
Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Tim. So glad you connected with the story my friend. Loved “Me Wise Magic” and “Can’t Get This Stuff No More.” were both great songs. Mike was always the anchor on backing vocals. DLR, often referred to him as the, Art Garfunkel, of the band. lol. Ed, went through a rough time for sure with addiction. Like you said he did clean up though, and turned his life around. They were great with, Hagar. But I’ll always be a Roth guy. I loved them both as solo artists as well. Actually I sometimes prefer Sammy on his own. Appreciate you.
Damian
-
I’ve heard both incarnations of Van Halen. I’m a DLR era girl myself. Different energy. Oddly enough, I enjoyed Hagar solo better than in Van Halen. I could never quite reconcile that innocent boy face on Eddie with the incredible fucking skill he blasted out of his guitar. Damn. Those were good days & great tunes. Thank you for taking us back, my friend
-
Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Willow. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. I’m a DLR guy, obviously. lol. There were good songs in the Hagar era, but it was a different vibe. Hagar, is better solo. Especially some of the albums after he got kicked out of VH. Ed always had that grin, usually because he was drinking, he never did it as often when he was sober. You’re welcome, always love to reminisce about music. Appreciate you.
Damian
-
-
- Load More Posts
My Friends
Groups
My Recent Posts

Golden Quill
- April 27, 2026

They saved the best for last
- April 21, 2026
Location
Massachusetts USA,





Girl this is your first attempt? You kept me engaged and that is not easy to do. Bravo