• Profile picture of Average Joe

    Average Joe wrote a new post

    Let It Flow

    SometimesMy thoughts just flowFollowing twin streamsThinking about youWhat it would be like to be with youAnd wonderingCould I love you with my heart wide open SometimesI think I’ll never grow upOther timesThat I’ll never grow oldBut time keeps passing by...

    Read More
    11 Comments
    • I am old school. Grew into a love of poetry because of my interaction with the Beat poets. Sexton, Plath, Ginsberg, Ferlinghetti, O’Hara and others.
      This is confessional style poetry like Sexton, Plath, Levertov and others.
      I really felt this one.
      j.

      • Not many speak of Beat poets nowadays. The cutting edge has become forgotten. I’m honored by the comparison, although I don’t feel I fit the measure. Thank you.

    • It does feel confessional in the way that poets dream about life & love, with a tenderness and unabashed desire both calm & brave. It is what the artform exists for.

    • This poem feels like a quiet stream of thought turning into a river of longing. I love how it moves between vulnerability and hope–questions of love, time, and becoming a better self flow together with such tender honesty.

      • Much of my writing is stream of thought. Loving someone because of how they make you feel, then easily becomes, what do I want these feelings – this person want to make me become…thank you for sharing your thoughts and appreciation 🌼

    • Joe, amigo what a write!
      It felt like wearing an old comfy shirt. I love that line. It’s so true. Personally when it comes to relationships I think comfortable is underrated. Yes, we want to be desired and have great chemistry, but comfort is real.
      It also means you feel safe. So important for love
      Beautifully written

      • You’re always too kind (but I don’t mind).
        Comfortable, at peace, safe, those are priceless feelings.
        I’m glad you found yours. Its hard for us “bull in a China shop” types. 🌼

    • I haven’t posted.much in a while but I’m glad the blessings pleased you 🌼

  • Profile picture of Visions_of_Insanity

    Visions_of_Insanity wrote a new post

    War is hell, Hell is war

    In the grip of winterImpending dreadThe opposing army seized their homeFought them hard and with honorCritical madness All of his family slaughteredDisemboweledStillborn removedTorchedCharred remains He was the last survivorBarely endured the massacreRidden with diseaseSevered survivalGasping for airOn life support A vacant coffin...

    Read More
    8 Comments
    • Wow, I felt this. Very powerful write.

    • No one every really wins at war. It is just useless devastation and loss of lives.
      This is an impressive portrait showing that.
      And no one really survives. Even the survivors suffer so much mental and emotional loss.
      j.

    • Powerfully penned, Keith. The casualties of war extend farther than those who gave their life, others are scarred physically and mentally for the rest of their existence. With Governments that discard them, after they’ve been broken by war. Sad but true my friend. Incredible write. Appreciate you.

      Damian

      • No one comes out unharmed. It’s a shame we here about so much of it time & time again. No matter what part of the world or decade, war rears it’s ugly head. Thanks my friend.

    • Tremendous work. RiGHT ON MAN.

  • Profile picture of Ghosteen

    Ghosteen wrote a new post

    An Auburn Aubade

    On the edge of your waking dreams  let me trace the sun rise upon your skin  this could be painting-by-numbers  but my only palette are tongue and fingers    I could lie here through hibernation  turning the dit.com sitcom to fade,  your head resting on my...

    Read More
    3 Comments
    • Very clever wordage here. This is sensual and wry in its humor.

      Love the “lisp broken words”—-

      j.

      • Thank you J. I obviously wasn’t wearing my spectacles last night – it’s meant to be ‘dot.com’ not ‘dit.com’. mixing my vowels!

    • You’ve taken painting by numbers to a most sensual high. I don’t know that any man has ever succumbed to “negligee geography”, but hey, there’s a first time for everything. And what a way to go!

  • Profile picture of Crimsin

    Crimsin wrote a new post

    my witchy friend

    dwells in silence fortitudefor a love between twoone is distant and closed off from viewthe other smitten intimately confidinga friendship of the eternalfate to cast each at oddsthe pendulum swings there is mistrusta mistress of the night, a lady...

    Read More
    9 Comments
    • Brilliance Brenda. You’re a magnificent poet my friend. Spellbound!!! xoxo

      • hello dearest Keith good afternoon thank you graciously I am enjoying my afternoon after receiving a house of thosand corpses book by Rob Zombie❤

    • Wistufl, whimsical and a conflict of emotions battling within this stunning piece. The imagery is on full throttle.
      j.

      • hello dearest Jacob thank you graciously for the thoughts on this piece it is often difficult for witches to remain friends❤

    • Sort of like a dissention among the ranks vibe. This does have a witchy, almost horror scented feel to it. Nice!

      • hello dearest Tim thank you graciously I love your interpretation I miss this witchy friend of mine but we are trouble together❤

    • Don’t know where my fingers went, Crimsin. I meant “wistful”—getting jumbled in my old age.
      j.

  • Profile picture of Willow

    Willow wrote a new post

    Littered Alleys

    don't I just...today is not a good day...not for sarcasm or good natured teasingtrust me...good is not how I'll read itwords like gashes & blisterswaiting for the drainage I'm watching shadows of the windslicing pieces off yesterday to feed mesuch bitter fruit...with...

    Read More
    12 Comments
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Al Ashcott
@al-ashcott
Profile Photo
D. Ignatov
@ignatov
Profile Photo
Lj Namkrik
@ljnamk
Profile Photo
Kas
@kassteel
Profile Photo
Ghosteen
@ghosteen

Groups

Group logo of Unsung Underground
Unsung Underground
Private Group
Group logo of Published Authors
Published Authors
Public Group

My Recent Posts

Pillow talk and… dirty sex

…when I only fucked women

New Report

Close