• Profile picture of FlatDaddy
    Profile Photo
    FlatDaddy
    @flatdaddy
  • Profile picture of Drieks

    Drieks wrote a new post

    Remind me (song)

    How did I forget your faceWhen I can still feel your embraceHow can I still smell youBut fail to recognize these pictures in which I held youMy disease is the worstAt least that's what people say when they remind...

    Read More
    19 Comments
    • Powerfully penned, Drieks. Into the book it belongs! Excellent lyrics my friend, your work is so authentic and direct. I’m truly a fan, good musical choice as well. The piano added the proper element to your words. Nicely done per usual. Appreciate you.

      Damian

      • Thank you Damian. I always love reading your thoughts on my work. Appreciate you!

    • I love a good piano song. This feels very intimate and un-rushed.
      It has a great tempo too. There are not a lot of distractions either. Just a voice and a piano.
      Just wonderful:)

    • Adelphina was raving about this to me earlier, so I had to check it out. And it’s really good! Not syrupy or overdone. It’s catchy and very entertaining. Awesome job with it.

      • Thank you for your kind words Styxian. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed it!

    • Drieks, I smiled the whole way through listening to this. This was sad but catchy.

    • I man…damn. This is incredibly well done!

    • Thank you so much for your kind words!
      If only it was my own voice… Can’t take credit for that.

    • We’ve kept up wit your musical success through mutual friends, and we’re truly happy for you. You’re not only creating great poetry but also great songs. Tight

    • Great song. I loved the piano and the strength of the vocals. Well done!

    • Wow. Just wow! Another incredible piece. You are doing marvelous work, my friend. This is truly outstanding. Beautiful words, lovely music and all of it rendered with class. I am so glad that HER said I must talk to you. I would very much like to do that.

  • Profile picture of Liziantus-Marantus

    Liziantus-Marantus wrote a new post

    The Villain

    I don't know whose idea it was.To make the villains attractive at first sight.Whose choice was it and why? Why do we feel attraction or fly?Oh,and why can't it be the good guy?Standing there,catching my eye. But being attracted to the...

    Read More
  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    Humpy Trumpy

    Humpy TrumpyBy FlatDaddy     Oh, old Humpy Trumpy said there is no listof those  scary people like Epstein who kissedand did awful things to young girls, it is known --done so long ago that they now are all grown.That...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • There are no words to describe the utter stupidity and self centredness of those that voted for Mr Trump.They have put at risk their own democracy by electing Trump et al to govern.
      Biden wasn’t perfect, no body is, but at least he had American interests at heart.
      Your poem reminded me that there is still hope ….🙏

      • Thank you. We can only hope that enough of us wake up and take our country back. We need the Supremes to do the right thing, too — a tough job, but it shouldn’t be.

    • Great write

  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    The Dragon’s Lair

    © 2025 The Dragon’s LairBy FlatDaddy If you squinted a little, Waco, Texas in 1955 looked quite like one of those quaint, almost country big towns, you’d see on the cover of “The Saturday Evening Post.” It was a quiet Baptist...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • Okay, I was the older sibling, and I would never do something like that to my sister. Sure, we fought but that was normal. To make you believe he was taken by someone and hurt or killed was mean. Good story

      • True story, too. And boys are very different — at least in Texas, at least in military families. Larry now is a very gentle man who would do anything for me — or anyone else, for that matter. Thanks for your comments.

    • What doesn’t kill ya makes you tougher? While we didn’t have a lair like yours, our favorite swimming hole had raw sewage draining into it. I love these kinds of tales, as you know. An entertaining story, for certain.

      • Thanks, Sam, as always, though I’ll never catch up to you. But I have become a tough old bird over all these years. Doesn’t keep me from squawking now and then, though.

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Jessy Jacob
@jessyandjacob
Profile Photo
Sapphirewolf
@sapphirewolf
Profile Photo
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Profile Photo
Martin
@mando
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose

Groups

My Recent Posts

Sitting in Tipp City

For Sale By Owner

Location

Mostly the backroads

New Report

Close