• Profile picture of Nick DC

    Nick DC wrote a new post

    100% Genuine

    I feel waves come crashing inand i think i've lost againit all seems too depressingthe world looks like it's rottingoutside these wallsit's a cold cold placebut still i find sanctuarythe time where life isn't so scaryit's you that holds...

    Read More
    2 Comments
    • Beautifully penned, Nick. A very heartfelt write my friend. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Sounds like you’ve got yourself a touchstone. When the world rolls heavy on you, she’s the solid that makes it bearable. Beautiful, my friend

  • Profile picture of Ghosteen

    Ghosteen wrote a new post

    Drop Dead,It's Fucking Hilarious

    So senorita,   lay turkey under tinsel  and tell me, whose ashes are those?    Beyond the cracked urn  I can sniff Lori’s death as cocaine,  darling, my heart remains the  trampoline before your fatal fall    So senorita  I can hear your pulse behind the tapas  who was that man who left you alone in Wales?    Podria amarte?  could I ever....  there is another  a Mother for my  foster kids who...

    Read More
    5 Comments
    • You are a diamond H. I just wish you believed in yourself a liitle bit more. Of course I have moved on, but I still climb into an empty bed. Someone whispered a secret to me – they told me Bruges is so romantic in the spring

      What a Xmas day that was. My niece is so blonde and attractive and some twat couldn’t keep his hands to himself. No one, and I mean no one, fucks with my family. He was a short little prick (and I never use height as a bully boy tactic) but boy, he got it. My Dad would have been proud of me. End of.

      Nothing more to write Hon. xx

    • I’m a sucker for people who split Spanish and English.
      So this write was a pleasant surprise!
      The whole poem is a gem but the ending is perfection:)

      Merry Christmas 🎄

    • Let it out, Rob. The grief subsides, but the hole remains. We try to find a corner of our soul to store such things in, because they aren’t going away. So, we adjust. Writing is and always will be a tonic for us. You make a good medicine man.
      I had a horrible habit of sticking up for anyone that needed it, back in the day. All the younger years of fighting my brother, I didn’t realize at first how good I was at it. Nowadays I have to be smarter. I’m older, etc. But… LOL
      I loved your write. The capacity to find the words to convey your thoughts isn’t always easy. But you found a way, with a great result. Write on.

      • You totally get me Mark. I’m 56 now and do I ever learn? Probably not. I have a huge scar over my eye and my dear Mam always told me to look in the mirror and learn. God love her, but I never did. Welsh Rob

  • Profile picture of Amethyste

    Amethyste wrote a new post

    Music

    Oh music!Like falling on a silk bedAnd feel it caressAnd cuddle your face.

    Read More
    6 Comments
  • Profile picture of Mstrmnd1923

    Mstrmnd1923 wrote a new post

    The Catch

    Seems like only yesterday When I was a kidI must have been 5 or 6When my dad got me a glovePlaced a baseball in my handAnd we had our first real catchAnd even though I couldn't catch the ballOr...

    Read More
    8 Comments
    • Beautifully penned, Mstrmnd. Such a heartfelt tribute to your dad my friend. Excellent storytelling as well. Appreciate you.

      Damian

    • Reading this I can feel how much he means to you. As a parent you want to make sure you are doing the right thing and of course we have the memories of the children growing up. But we forget we are the child as well. We have past memories further back of being raised. Hmm this is making me feel more than I thought. Very good writing.

    • Thank you..and yes he means the world to me..but Ive taken time and the cycle of life for granted..wish I had more time..thanks for commenting

    • Oh. The buildup in this. All the details and building blocks of growing up. Cherishing our memories and time.
      Time is the most reliable thing. It is ever present and we tend to push it aside. Put visits off or do a check in occasionally.
      I completely relate to this.
      My mom is 75 and doesn’t get around like she used to. This year i did all the cooking and she still felt the need to
      to be bossy! Even when we were at the grocery store! Hahaha. It’s a mother/daughter thing! Her gift to me is humor. It was always in our household.
      And love, I can feel this in your write. Even the admiration and respect you had for each other.
      This got me a little teary eyed at the end.
      God bless

      • Thank you for your comments..yeah my mom is 75 as well..older people in general have unique personalities..for sure..I try to sometimes picture life through lenses and think they feel life moves way too fast in general..and the speed everyone moves around them..but in their mind they are still young but their physical body tells a different story..I was humored yesterday..Im driving my mom around to handle stuff for my dad’s funeral..I have gps in my car..no matter how many times I said I dont need directions my mom would be like so we are gonna turn right up here or we could go up a little further..it was funny and (slightly maddening) but looking at things through her lens she never had gps or technology to assist with things growing up..and as she would say they did just fine without it..it’s good to have family and share their love and laugh at the moments that are special..thanks again for sharing your cooking and grocery shopping mom story

  • Future

    Nowadays ,we try to live best our lives.Sleeping soundly through starless nights.And inner turmoil,inner fights. Months,days go by.And the years really fly.And we try to hope and pray. Alas,we use magic.To sculpt dreams out of clay.So that they all come true. And...

    Read More
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Profile Photo
Martin
@mando
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose
Profile Photo
kesnerfreds
@galateus
Profile Photo
Where Rivers Wander
@whereriverswander

Groups

My Recent Posts

Breakfast at McPherson’s

Pass With Care

Location

Mostly the backroads

New Report

Close