Profile Photo

Backdeckbenny (Peter)Offline

    • Profile picture of Damian DeadLove
      Backstage (Lindsey Buckingham - ..And The Rumors Are Flying)

      Welcome Backstage. I’m Damian DeadLove. Tonights artist is somebody special to my musical journey. In my honest opinion he is often overlooked as a guitarist, singer, songwriter, and record producer. Well that changes tonight. We’re talking about the one...

      Read More
      6 Comments
      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Keith. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. I love the band in the Lindsey era obviously. But yes I know about the legendary, Peter Green. He’s the one that wrote, “Black Magic Woman.” Even though it’d be a bigger hit for, Santana. Thanks for your continued support. Appreciate you.

        Damian

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Mary. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. I’m glad it has a home here as well. Next month, SpotLight will get it’s day in the sun. Thanks so much for your continued support. Appreciate you.

        Damian

      • It’s rather wild all the drama that band was able to withstand. Lindsey is a hell of an artist in his own right. Though Stevie to me is one of the best hands down.

        • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Nick. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. I agree totally it had to be chaos. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I like Stevie a lot too, but I’m a Lindsey guy. The crazy thing is if it wasn’t for Lindsey, she wouldn’t have got the Fleetwood Mac gig. Anyhow they’re both great artists, thanks for the support. Appreciate you.

          Damian

      • I don’t know that much about him, other than he was in Fleetwood Mac & at one point involved with Stevie. But I can absolutely swear that Tusk is one of my all-time favorite songs…ever. I never looked into who wrote what for them or the singing rights to said songs. That was fascinating to learn. To be in the throes of a broken relationship & still creating phenomenal music…damn. I’m impressed. With him & with your sharing of his story, my friend

        • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Willow. So glad you enjoyed the story my friend. I’m a huge fan of this era of Fleetwood Mac. I’m a fan of Stevie Nicks. I’m a bigger fan of Lindsey, which might be obvious writing from his point of view and all. But the two of them together are phenomenal, when they’re getting along. Stevie, went more pop with her solo career. Lindsey, had hits, but that wasn’t what he was focused on. He wanted to make great albums, and sometimes experiment as well as shifting between acoustic & electric guitar. He played all the instruments unless he had a guest on a song. I’ve got every solo album & every live album he released. Might have to share a song or two with you off of YouTube. “Tusk” is a great song my friend. It’s is a Lindsey song by the way, he talked the rest of the band into making “Tusk” the entire album was meant to be nothing like Rumours. Lindsey, stated we already made a great pop record, we can’t do it any better than we already did it. Sorry for the novel.. Appreciate you.

          Damian

    • Profile picture of Nick DC
      Profile Photo
      Nick DC
      @nickdc
    • Profile picture of Nick DC

      Nick DC wrote a new post

      Attention 1.0

      sometimes my mind goes racing wondering what people must be thinking then I start to wonder what do I think of myself? yeah, at times I can be an asshole but what choices do I have? it’s clear to me that I’m different not trying to...

      Read More
    • Profile picture of Poetic Gawdess

      Poetic Gawdess changed their profile picture

    • Profile picture of Poetic Gawdess
      Only Fan

      Only Fan    Rounds of applause, sounds of clapping, fill the air. and no, i don’t mean hands. The way our bodies grind, you’d think this is a new dance. I throw it back to match your rhythm, the visual has you in a trance. Your fingers twisted in...

      Read More
      7 Comments
    • Load More Posts

    My Friends

    Profile Photo
    Willow
    @windbournewhispers
    Profile Photo
    AnnaM44
    @annamarie44
    Profile Photo
    CasketSharpe
    @casketsharpe
    Profile Photo
    Bat Powers
    @batpowers
    Profile Photo
    Ghosteen
    @ghosteen

    Groups

    Group logo of Unsung Underground
    Unsung Underground
    Private Group
    Group logo of Published Authors
    Published Authors
    Public Group

    My Recent Posts

    age of reason

    wow just wow

    Location

    Wollongong

    New Report

    Close