Profile Photo

Backdeckbenny (Peter)Offline

    • Profile picture of Amethyste

      Amethyste wrote a new post

      Muse

      Even though sad,My pain channeled.Became an irresistible muse.I found myself with a rare elixir in my hand.

      Read More
      1 Comment
    • Profile picture of Fia Naturie

      Fia Naturie wrote a new post

      Share the love part 2

      It's been locked away for so longYou're asking me to allow you the keyTo push open the door that's so strongLetting you see what can never beDo you hear the thud, thud, thudDo you know what it could beDo...

      Read More
      2 Comments
    • Profile picture of S. Libellule

      S. Libellule wrote a new post

      A Setting Dawn

      Funny how I do feel like a pawn,before this now setting dawn.Each day over before it has begun,eclipsed by a forever waning sun. Just another creature of the night,sealed in tight within the write,treading water in all of this ink,struggling...

      Read More
      3 Comments
      • Dear S.
        Oddly, this poem made me hopeful. I don’t even know why. Maybe this; I know you worked well and hard to make this poem and while you were doing it, you may have felt it relieve your sorrow and emptiness. Am I wrong? If I’m lucky, when I’m low and have the freedom to write, if I’m not put upon by some duty or demand and I find few words to write, it frees me a bit from my palatable discord. Is this it?
        Thanks for writing this.
        Jim

      • This poem gives me a feeling that the writer is tired but will continue their plight on putting words on the page. Nice;))

      • Powerfully penned, LDF. Amazing write my friend. Appreciate you.

        Damian

    • Profile picture of Cipher

      Cipher wrote a new post

      Call of Skulls

      Call of Skulls I have been reading the obituaries, lately, morbid perhaps. I also walk through Pilgrim Cemetery, at night, the place where my father’s tomb is, the place where his father’s tomb is. My grandfather was a World War II Veteran, buried with the...

      Read More
    • Profile picture of Damian DeadLove
      Dad, It's Snowing!

      solid white plains meet the horizon crystalized fine like powder   ice figures sculpted by free hand on every tree   wind swaying arctic breath flowing silently snowflakes dance   innocent eyes childhood ideas good memories nestled inside   from the window looking outward deep in thought weaving beauty   when a voice so familiar warms my soul with splendor   my son says.. Dad, it’s snowing!!     Copyright @ Damian DeadLove...

      Read More
      6 Comments
      • Awww that is so sweet. Nice memory.

        • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Fia. So glad you enjoyed the write my friend. I don’t always give a lot of tender moments in my writes. lol. Tell you the truth, they’re the biggest reason I quit drinking. Appreciate you.

          Damian

      • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Mary. So glad you enjoyed the write my friend. I don’t show my tender side often, this one was letting my guard down, big time. It was a special memory, in fact they’re the biggest reason I quit drinking. That and I didn’t want to damage them mentally by not understanding why daddy drinks so much. I didn’t want to scar them. I brought tears to my own eyes now. Best choice I ever made. Appreciate you.

        Damian

      • Born in Minnesota so snow has a special place in my heart. Although I prefer to watch it through a window. When the kids get excited about it, it’s like magic is happening. My daughter is a huge winter fan. She talks about how she would beg to go out in snowfall & I would bundle her up to keep her warm. Made sense to me. She saw it differently…”Mom, I was bundled so snug I practically needed to be folded to get on my sled. I was a starfish!” This one brought back memories…& laughter, my friend

        • Thanks so much for reading and your kind words, Willow. So glad you connected with the write my friend. I liked snow until I grew up, and had shit to do. It’s a love/hate deal. In your defense, it never hurts to be prepared in the elements. lol. Thanks for sharing a snow memory my friend. Appreciate you.

          Damian

    • Load More Posts

    My Friends

    Profile Photo
    Willow
    @windbournewhispers
    Profile Photo
    AnnaM44
    @annamarie44
    Profile Photo
    CasketSharpe
    @casketsharpe
    Profile Photo
    Bat Powers
    @batpowers
    Profile Photo
    Ghosteen
    @ghosteen

    Groups

    Group logo of Unsung Underground
    Unsung Underground
    Private Group
    Group logo of Published Authors
    Published Authors
    Public Group

    My Recent Posts

    wow just wow

    Am Not

    Location

    Wollongong

    New Report

    Close