-
Ghosteen wrote a new post
6 Comments-
-
Effective personal storytelling through historical abstractions. Your words are both sharp and tender. Always glad to see you posting here.
-
-
Paula Jobi wrote a new post
-
Amethyste wrote a new post
2 Comments -
Betty Hermelee and
RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS are now friends
-
Ghosteen wrote a new post
6 Comments-
-
I enjoyed the beginning trickles of affection.
Then the dam broke at the confession!
I grinned the whole time:) -
There’s a beautiful tension here –between ruin and tenderness, poetry and flesh. It’s as if love is both the wreck and the rebuilding, the prayer and the profanity. “Poetry passport will only travel me so far” might be one of the truest lines I’ve read about desire’s limits. Beautifully penned, Rob!
-
- Load More Posts
My Friends
Willow
@windbournewhispers
AnnaM44
@annamarie44
CasketSharpe
@casketsharpe
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Ghosteen
@ghosteen
Groups
Unsung Underground
Private Group
Published Authors
Public Group
My Recent Posts

Closing Door
- September 17, 2026

Me
- September 9, 2026
Location
Wollongong




I like how the poem casts Caligula -a figure known for cruelty -into a haunting, reflective presence. I feel intrigued and a little unsettled: his brutal history seeps through with a mild, almost playful sadism, yet the poem channels that darkness into a tender, romantic meditation on desire, resilience, and the quiet power of love. Beautiful.